Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 25, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #5,116 of 5,780
Well, this mobius has decided to crack at the hinges as well.

It's my second one, the previous one was RMA'd.
I've just emailed Audeze asking if they
1. Could just send me a Left hinge in Copper.
2. Have improved these hinges in any way because I believe they have a few other models using the same design.

It's poor performance for a €350 headset.
I'm quite satisfied with the actual sound, but for build quality and finish they could get a good hard look at Beyerdynamic for example.
Also, I simply couldn't find any replacement parts so I hope this Mobius doesn't rely simply on the willingness of Audeze to fix their stuff in the future.

Silly me for buying this plastic headset based on initial reviews and the good reputation from their other ( MUCH sturdier ) products.

Sad day. :/
I agree, it's a flaw and an unacceptable one that they seem to have yet offically addressed the community as to the failure rate, because it will detract from new buyers. It's great hardware and terrible plastic.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #5,117 of 5,780
Well, this mobius has decided to crack at the hinges as well.

It's my second one, the previous one was RMA'd.
I've just emailed Audeze asking if they
1. Could just send me a Left hinge in Copper.
2. Have improved these hinges in any way because I believe they have a few other models using the same design.

It's poor performance for a €350 headset.
I'm quite satisfied with the actual sound, but for build quality and finish they could get a good hard look at Beyerdynamic for example.
Also, I simply couldn't find any replacement parts so I hope this Mobius doesn't rely simply on the willingness of Audeze to fix their stuff in the future.

Silly me for buying this plastic headset based on initial reviews and the good reputation from their other ( MUCH sturdier ) products.

Sad day. :/

Sorry to hear that. I RMA'd the first pair for the same reason. Using the second pair in the most delicate way possible

Sep 26, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #5,118 of 5,780
Unless already addressed, has there been any talk of a possible successor to the current Mobius?

Sep 26, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #5,119 of 5,780
Unless already addressed, has there been any talk of a possible successor to the current Mobius?
I remember when Audeze was leaking the Penrose, we thought it was a Mobius successor. I don't recall anything else, sadly. I know Audeze has told us that the Penrose is like their wireless PC gaming headset, and the Mobius wired PC gaming, implying that we don't have a new one coming out soon (one nice thing about that is means we will likely have at least two products down the line, one for console which can be used on PC as well, and one solely designed for PC). But I'm sure that they will release something new down the line.

Sep 27, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #5,120 of 5,780
Is there a way to prevent it from going to sleep? Some games literally crash when sound device is changed.

What makes it go to sleep?

Software solution is fine, how long does it take to go to sleep? A small script to play a silent file every x minutes would do?

Sep 27, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #5,121 of 5,780
i have heard ppl say “wait until the beginning part of October” but nothing else probably due to NDAs.

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #5,122 of 5,780
Is there a way to prevent it from going to sleep? Some games literally crash when sound device is changed.

Software solution is fine, how long does it take to go to sleep? A small script to play a silent file every x minutes would do?
I've never had mine go to sleep. Are you sure your connection is outputting enough power to keep them charged?

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #5,123 of 5,780

I haven't experienced mine going to sleep. Are you changing sound inputs on the headphones (i.e. from USB to bluetooth)? That might cause the system to not recognize the USB connection. Otherwise, it could be a bad cable, or not enough power as DaOchin suggested.

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #5,124 of 5,780
Anyone come across a weird issue with the volume on these at all?

My headset has recently started to show a symptom where the sound when connected via USB seems to be extremely faint compared to how its been over recent months, and a slight move, and I mean the slightest move of the volume dial seems to be a temporary fix until the end of a track and then it seems to revert back to being quiet again until I touch the dial.

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #5,125 of 5,780
Anyone come across a weird issue with the volume on these at all?

My headset has recently started to show a symptom where the sound when connected via USB seems to be extremely faint compared to how its been over recent months, and a slight move, and I mean the slightest move of the volume dial seems to be a temporary fix until the end of a track and then it seems to revert back to being quiet again until I touch the dial.
I haven't noticed that specifically.... You should contact Audeze customer support. I have noticed that on my main PC, my Mobius is very quiet recently compared to how it was when I first got it (just a few months ago). I'm listening to everything at about twice the volume level (40 vs 20). I just tried using it on a secondary computer, and I didn't have this problem. Oh well. I might contact Audeze customer support, but in my case it sounds like a problem with my computer. In your case, it sounds like either a firmware/driver issue, or a problem with your Mobius itself.

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #5,127 of 5,780
My phone, Samsung Note 10+, has no 3.5mm connector, and the phone has no internal DAC. I would like to buy a headphone with internal DAC and connect Note 10 to headphone through USB C to USB C cable. I only use Bluetooth occasionally. Which phone support USB Hi Res? Among Shure Aonic 50, Hifiman Deva, and Audeze Mobius, which one sounds better? Are there any better choices besides these three? Thank you very much for your help.

Oct 8, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #5,128 of 5,780
the volume is often "out of sync" turn the dial on the headphones themselves, even past 100 they keep getting louder

I noticed that and had to keep going passed the bleeps to set it to its highest volume and then dial it back using the keyboard media controls.

Weird thing is, I seem to have sorted it all out and its back to normal now and I haven't done anything other than change my mouse to another USB port.

Oct 9, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #5,129 of 5,780
What are the chances you guys think the Penrose will get it's own HyperX version like the Mobius and Orbit?

Also does anyone know where to get cryopads or even an adapter so we can use third-party earpads. Would be interestin to try these with hybrid pads for breathability etc.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #5,130 of 5,780
Just wanted to chip in that I've just got these after my Final Audio Sonorous VI broke. I tried the Arctis Pro Wireless (mostly a gamer on headphones now) and hated them. The Mobius are the only other headphones to blow me away after the FAD; the 3D and 7.1 are actually fantastic and sound better than the dedicated "Hi Res" mode for gaming and music. I'm really surprised and happy with these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back