Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 6, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #4,561 of 5,780
I've never heard a hiss any time I've used these. It always seems to be random people have it and others do not.

Feb 7, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #4,563 of 5,780
Yeah, the frequency response of Mobius is much, much better and more realistic than the LCD2C closed. It's one of the most neutral Audezes I've heard. Most of the "big" LCDs have quite a strange midrange but respond to EQ well. Mobius is a "put it on and go" kind of headphone. It just sounds right - I was shocked when I first tried one. Since then only one other headphone has given me that experience, and that is K371.
The LCD-i3 with the Cipher cable is even better. The sound stage is widened with a similar frequency response, and it shockingly has more sub-bass slam than the closed-back Mobius.

There's hissing through USB connection?!?
Yes, there is always hissing when it's powered on, but it's very faint. I only notice it once in a few days.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #4,564 of 5,780
I haven't tried and don't know anything about the SXFIs, but I left my thoughts on the Orbit S vs. Mobius on the previous page. I haven't tried the Orbit S, so I can't say anything to differences in comfort, sound signatures, etc. But in my (unprofessional and humble) opinion, the bluetooth on the Mobius isn't worth the $70 over the Orbit S, but YMMV. It can be convenient to automatically have calls come through the headset, but it will stop any other audio coming through the USB or 3.5mm. Plus, whenever I watch a video on my phone, it will play the sound through bluetooth but won't switch the headset over.
I have ordered Audeze Mobius and Cloud Orbit S from Amazon and i am on the verge which one to finalize order for. Is bluetooth the only difference or there are some differences in sound quality or comfort between those two? The difference in price is almost 130$ and i am trying to find a reason to justify Audeze Mobius. It does not help that i have a good soundcard, DT990 and YETI microphone but i am very curious about Planar and i would like to use those headphones with my Switch or S10+ from time to time. It would be also cool to listen to music wireless but most likely i will be on cable 80% of the time.

I have reviewed both Mobius and Orbit S side by side, and they are identical physically. Even the software and firmware are the same and you can use either brand for either headphones, the only different is the UI design and that Orbit S does not have Bluetooth.

HyperX_Cloud_Orbit_S_Audeze_Mobius_1.jpg

In terms of sound quality difference, I feel that the Cloud Orbit S has slightly elevated sub-bass, while the upper-treble has slightly less presence. Even after over 30 hours burn-in, the difference seems obvious for my ears to detect. Perhaps it’s just a batch difference, or it might be an audio engineer’s decision to tune up the lower frequencies a little. I reckon the Cloud Orbit S tuning fits the target consumers, but nevertheless the difference is really minor, my ears would get used to either headphones after a while and almost could not tell much difference.

My full review can be read here.

Feb 8, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #4,565 of 5,780
I wonder if the Cloud Orbit has access to the asio driver?

My vote is for bluetooth. Its alot of fun to use wavesnx, isone & hesuvi with no tether throughout my apt. Most of the time I get good sync with movies on the not terrible sbc codec(pc). Mac I'm guessing aac. If you have linux I believe there is now an ldac module(?) as well as 8.1 droids. One caveat is I'm almost certain mobius only connects to one device at a time.

If Audeze could improve that somehow, they still might hold onto some more of that sweet wireless market. Don't consider mobius bt as an afterthought, its a real potential strength. Even with the hiss, its still a killer in the sound quality realm. 10hrs isnt bad when your probably going to come home and usb game/movie anyway. The cups are a bit bigger than many other portables but that can be a sign of sound quality in the build.

Finally..If they streamline that code as was hinted and add custom eq(look how appreciated that feature is on the es100) presets that could really shift some attitudes about its overall portable wireless capabilities. If I could make the mobius sound the way morphit does with just one onboard eq, I'd be in wireless nerd heaven.

I have reviewed both Mobius and Orbit S side by side, and they are identical physically. Even the software and firmware are the same and you can use either brand for either headphones, the only different is the UI design and that Orbit S does not have Bluetooth.

HyperX_Cloud_Orbit_S_Audeze_Mobius_1.jpg

In terms of sound quality difference, I feel that the Cloud Orbit S has slightly elevated sub-bass, while the upper-treble has slightly less presence. Even after over 30 hours burn-in, the difference seems obvious for my ears to detect. Perhaps it’s just a batch difference, or it might be an audio engineer’s decision to tune up the lower frequencies a little. I reckon the Cloud Orbit S tuning fits the target consumers, but nevertheless the difference is really minor, my ears would get used to either headphones after a while and almost could not tell much difference.

My full review can be read here.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #4,566 of 5,780
helo i am interesting to buy Audeze Mobius .. my question is in gaming the Audeze Mobius are very good??

i am interesting to buy them for gaming..

what rate from 0 to 10 you would put in mobius for gaming?

is it worth to buy them for gaming ??

can you tell me what is your experience with mobius in gaming??

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #4,567 of 5,780
I wonder if the Cloud Orbit has access to the asio driver?

My vote is for bluetooth. Its alot of fun to use wavesnx, isone & hesuvi with no tether throughout my apt. Most of the time I get good sync with movies on the not terrible sbc codec(pc). Mac I'm guessing aac. If you have linux I believe there is now an ldac module(?) as well as 8.1 droids. One caveat is I'm almost certain mobius only connects to one device at a time.

If Audeze could improve that somehow, they still might hold onto some more of that sweet wireless market. Don't consider mobius bt as an afterthought, its a real potential strength. Even with the hiss, its still a killer in the sound quality realm. 10hrs isnt bad when your probably going to come home and usb game/movie anyway. The cups are a bit bigger than many other portables but that can be a sign of sound quality in the build.

Finally..If they streamline that code as was hinted and add custom eq(look how appreciated that feature is on the es100) presets that could really shift some attitudes about its overall portable wireless capabilities. If I could make the mobius sound the way morphit does with just one onboard eq, I'd be in wireless nerd heaven.
The pairing to so easy to engage I don't mind it only connects to one thing.
Most headphones you have to power off and on again, these you only have the double press and you're good to go.

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #4,568 of 5,780
my question is in gaming the Audeze Mobius are very good??

Feb 9, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #4,569 of 5,780
So, I've been sold completely on the Argon T60RP as a sort of personal endgame... And then realized that I can only use it at my desk, and not take it with me around the house/ to a LAN without it sounding quiet and flat. I've had some oppo PM-3s I had fallen out of love with for portable use, given that they need a wire and despite being capable, felt quite narrow and lacking bass. On the other hand I've had a pair of Sony WH1000XM2s sitting around that are great for ANC, but don't feel like I can use them for much else (I wouldn't plug them into a PC), and the sound is a little boomy/muddy.

I basically traded the PM-3 for a Mobius, and holy cow, how great are these cans? The impressive subbass without too much midbass boom has been a mass improvement over the PM-3 or XM2. Soundstage width is definitely not expansive, but the newish "3D ON" fixed 3D mode definitely helps when looking for width, and it's great you can choose between the two. I feel like I could stop/pare down my collection here between the Argon and the Mobius. The Mobius looks good enough to wear out, mobile enough for a LAN party (unlike the Argon which sounds best on my emotiva A-100), and rocks out when plugged in. True jack of all trades compared to what I had been using in the past (PM-3, Fidelio X2). The only thing I worry about is the active battery requirement and durability over time...

Haven't even used them for gaming yet but I could imagine the head gestures being awesome for R6: Siege or any shooter with lean.

Feb 9, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #4,570 of 5,780
my question is in gaming the Audeze Mobius are very good??

can someone help me please/?

is it worth to buy mobius for gaming?>?

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #4,572 of 5,780
Wow - 5 minutes from asking a question to complaining of no response.

Instead of waiting for someone to spoonfeed your answer a quick browse of the thread should have given you a better idea of how the headphones operate and sound.

What sort of games?
What platform?

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #4,575 of 5,780
why noone doesnt help me??

If you want to get unpopular in a forum.. that's the way to go :)

There are tons of Youtube reviews, even real honest ones. In most of the reviews it's said that "just for gaming, you get better deals" In most reviews, the high price doesn't reflect the sound quality one would expect. You'll probably get better headphones for listening to music the same price. But they may lack quality when using them for games.
I for myself would have never bought them for around 400$ I would have been disapointed in them.

Just check the tons of reviews, read through this forum. I'd say at the end you can build your own oppinion.
Based on what do you want the rating..? I'd say a 10.. based on the fact they're sold as gaming headset.
I'd give them a 3/10 for the software they're providing...which I find very very clunky and not 2020... Yet the sound they provide is awsome compared to my old Arctis 7 which cost 1/4 of the Audeze.
What I d'like to point out you'll probably find 10 people who hype them to heaven... you'll find 10 people who find all sorts of reasons why the 150$ noname headset is better for gaming.. therefore watch / read the reviews.. Best thing would be if you'd have the opportunity to try them out. I can still return them within 14 days withoud any reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back