Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 24, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #3,588 of 5,780
Trying some other pads wasn't top on my list, as there seems no good way to mount them until the original frame becomes available, but comfort improvement would be welcome, so ...
I'll give the Gel Pads a shot once I can have them from Amazon, then I have a pair to rip appart.

Can you give me a link to the exact version of the Brainwavz pads please?

The nice thing about the Brainwavz is that you just take the normal earpads of via the clip mechanism and then you put the Brainwavz around.
Here is the requested link: Ohrpolster Brainwavz HM5 - Kunstleder - angewinkelt - schwarz (earpads - pleather - angled - black)
von HEADSOUND
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0148TR6QE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_0BnWCbF4NAY8T

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #3,589 of 5,780
I also took @Zenvota advice and picked up a pair of Brainwavz sheepskin angled pads with the felt and plastic rings. Slightly more clamp for me but overall much more comfortable.

The clamp lessens over time and I havent noticed any strain or wear on the yokes headband or any connecting pieces joints.

You like the sheepskins? they were a little bright for me, but i roll off the treble more as well with the pleathers and music preset.

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #3,590 of 5,780
Apr 24, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #3,591 of 5,780
BTW I did not use and additional rings and I am already happy. Do you feel they are a necessity?

With music playing, push the cans against your head, do you notice them seal and the sound improve? that was the issue i had, just wrapping the pads on wasnt attaining seal.

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #3,593 of 5,780
Where would you get the plastic from?
If you're old enough you probably have old cd jewel cases lying around ;] and the felt is any old 1mm craft felt

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #3,595 of 5,780
It's my ability to cut them smoothly that puts me off, won't they shatter?
The clear plastic top for the ones i have did, but the bottoms were ok. If you have any experience with a dremel that makes quick work of it. but i did it with scissors just fine. They also dont have to be perfect, you can cut them in half and tape them together and glue to the felt.

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #3,596 of 5,780
heres a rough example
20190424_181113.jpg

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #3,597 of 5,780
Apr 24, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #3,599 of 5,780
The clamp lessens over time and I havent noticed any strain or wear on the yokes headband or any connecting pieces joints.

You like the sheepskins? they were a little bright for me, but i roll off the treble more as well with the pleathers and music preset.

Yeah, the clamp doesn't bother me much. The band is pretty flexible. However, I did notice that after removing the headphone the band would retain a slightly wider shape and not adjust to its original position. Not a big deal, I put it back in the case and it goes back to normal.

I mostly listen using the Default setting and didn't find them bright, at least not to the point where it would cause any fatigue, even after long listening/gaming sessions. The bass while using the Warm preset is a bit muddy.

I plan to pick up the pleathers to compare.

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #3,600 of 5,780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back