Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #3,437 of 5,780
how long does it take for the firmware process to take effect. i tried the firmware again and this time i seemed to get further with the update. It did not complete -i had a message that the update was in progress but this stayed on screen for around 10 minutes before i cancelled it as it did not seem to be going anywhere. still not updated but may try again if i should leave it longer. I am actually tempted to get another set for my son. amazon are selling a couple of customer return versions in the UK. Is there anything i should be aware of in getting a second hand pair. For example my new set are silent - no hiss. Is the hiss noticeable only when connected to a source or just when they are switched on and not connected to anything - no usb or bluetooth

Apr 11, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #3,438 of 5,780
how long does it take for the firmware process to take effect. i tried the firmware again and this time i seemed to get further with the update. It did not complete -i had a message that the update was in progress but this stayed on screen for around 10 minutes before i cancelled it as it did not seem to be going anywhere. still not updated but may try again if i should leave it longer.

Mine took less than 10 mins, but longer than I expected, more like 3-5.

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #3,439 of 5,780
how long does it take for the firmware process to take effect. i tried the firmware again and this time i seemed to get further with the update. It did not complete -i had a message that the update was in progress but this stayed on screen for around 10 minutes before i cancelled it as it did not seem to be going anywhere. still not updated but may try again if i should leave it longer. I am actually tempted to get another set for my son. amazon are selling a couple of customer return versions in the UK. Is there anything i should be aware of in getting a second hand pair. For example my new set are silent - no hiss. Is the hiss noticeable only when connected to a source or just when they are switched on and not connected to anything - no usb or bluetooth
Just contact our support and we will be able to help you. There are multiple chipsets (DSP, USB, Bluetooth) and the update time depends on which chips need to be updated

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 11, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #3,444 of 5,780
It takes 3 seconds of holding the power button to turn on the Mobius. After that it takes about 4 more seconds for it to finish booting up, but you can let go of the power button in that time. I would like to see the time spent holding the power button reduced to about 1 to 1.5 seconds and obviously the remaining 4 seconds reduced as much as possible.

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #3,445 of 5,780
panicking now - tonight for the first time i did what i have done on may occasions and plugged a set of headphones into my dennon x2200 amplifier which all my home media runs through. however as i wanted to try and hear what the aux sounded like i plugged my mobius in . The volume of the amp was off and i slowly turned it up until i had a decent sound through the headset. The volume wheel on the mobius was on full as it made a beep.

did this for a few minutes until i realised that what i was doing i assume is what audeze tell you not to do ie use an amp

there was no clipping or any distortion and the headphones sound ok now .

if damage is caused by using an amp then how do you know - is it obvious - i am a bit freaked out now

the amp was on about40% of my normal listening volume when using my ordinary headphones

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #3,446 of 5,780
panicking now - tonight for the first time i did what i have done on may occasions and plugged a set of headphones into my dennon x2200 amplifier which all my home media runs through. however as i wanted to try and hear what the aux sounded like i plugged my mobius in . The volume of the amp was off and i slowly turned it up until i had a decent sound through the headset. The volume wheel on the mobius was on full as it made a beep.

did this for a few minutes until i realised that what i was doing i assume is what audeze tell you not to do ie use an amp

there was no clipping or any distortion and the headphones sound ok now .

if damage is caused by using an amp then how do you know - is it obvious - i am a bit freaked out now

the amp was on about40% of my normal listening volume when using my ordinary headphones
Raising the volume slowly like you did, your Mobius will be OK. We caution against exposing your Mobius to high voltage levels some amps are capable of. Line-level voltages (up to 2V) is OK. If you were listening at levels where you did not experience clipping or distortion, you were are at safe levels, nothing to be concerned.

Apr 11, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #3,447 of 5,780
I thought the turning on delay was just me, I've often said to friends while playing overwatch that a mere 10 seconds can feel like an eternity in the moment so I assumed it was just me but maybe they do actually take ages to fire up

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #3,448 of 5,780
Raising the volume slowly like you did, your Mobius will be OK. We caution against exposing your Mobius to high voltage levels some amps are capable of. Line-level voltages (up to 2V) is OK. If you were listening at levels where you did not experience clipping or distortion, you were are at safe levels, nothing to be concerned.

I am not sure what the dennon amplifier line level voltage is. as i have my ps4 and xbox running through the dennon i was going to plug my mobius into the amplifier through aux and use that for my console gaming needs. Provided i keep the volume on the amp relatively low is this ok to use with the mobius

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #3,449 of 5,780
I just realized that the best and "correct" way to make Mobius a fully integrated head-tracking gaming headset is to develop a Waves NX spatial sound format provider like Windows Sonic for Headphones or Dolby Atmos for Headphones. It would accept object-based audio directly from games & apps that use the spatial sound API, and the provider would render them using the head-tracking information from the Mobius. The Mobius itself would run in stereo mode.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #3,450 of 5,780
I just realized that the best and "correct" way to make Mobius a fully integrated head-tracking gaming headset is to develop a Waves NX spatial sound format provider like Windows Sonic for Headphones or Dolby Atmos for Headphones. It would accept object-based audio directly from games & apps that use the spatial sound API, and the provider would render them using the head-tracking information from the Mobius. The Mobius itself would run in stereo mode.

I'm currently trying to get Atmos for Headphones to work with the Mobius (Hi Res Stereo mode) but even after paying for it, it doesn't appear the options.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Dolby app and the Atmos app, but still nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back