Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 3, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #3,316 of 5,780
Well now that I have them I can honestly say that these cans beat the bose into a tin hat, their rendition if Uyama Hiroto's Waltz for Children or Fox Capture Plan's Butterfly Effect is simply magical, even given the comments here I'm genuinely stunned that you can get such a beautiful sound for this kind of money. Well done audeze you have blown me away

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #3,317 of 5,780
Well now that I have them I can honestly say that these cans beat the bose into a tin hat, their rendition if Uyama Hiroto's Waltz for Children or Fox Capture Plan's Butterfly Effect is simply magical, even given the comments here I'm genuinely stunned that you can get such a beautiful sound for this kind of money. Well done audeze you have blown me away

bose and mobius don't seem that far away, bose sounds with more emphasis in the bass, mobius in the right setting sounds more serious. but in the movies there are no comparisons. mobius dominates

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #3,318 of 5,780
I couldn't argue more strongly against, the strings are more forward and ring with a clarity I've only heard from decent speakers and the drums and hats are crisper, if anything I'd say the magic here is not in the bass but the mids and highs but sound is always subjective I guess

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #3,319 of 5,780
Got the new earpads for the Mobius. They feel great and extremely comfortable. I even had my glasses on without any issues. I did not notice any negative impact on the overall sound, but I was only playing games on the PC, not listening to music. Need to try other formats but so far impressed with the new earpads.

Do these help with sweaty ears.. I assume you mean the replacement Gel Earpads thats available.. If they are cooler to wear with them then i think i might have to invest, least once they are available in this country (UK).

Could you be a little more specific, I have a USB-C to USB-C 3 metre cable being delivered today that sounds promising. If it turns out fine, i will link to give you an idea if thats the type your after.

On the commuter train and already I notice that the Mobius offers much less noise isolation than my LCD-2CB's..

The new pads are definitely a nice improvement over the originals, theyve got a bit of weight to them xD Better seal and with it better sound, not a big change in tonality just some fullness. Also better isolation and better leakage. The pads themselves stay cooler but they are still not breathable velours so your ears will get warm, no gettin around that. Ill still be using the brainwavz angled but this gives me the ability to cannibalize the mounting rings on the original pads and experiment more ;]

Apr 3, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #3,321 of 5,780
How would you describe this fullness?

Is it in a particular frequency range or more overall?

Best way to describe would be listen with the stock pads, and break the seal, youll notice a ... lack of fullness ;] the better seal of the new pads improves on that further.

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #3,323 of 5,780
Would glasses break that seal when wearing them?

they didnt for me but the arms on my glasses are fairly thin and I dont have that problem with any pads.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #3,324 of 5,780
I am using the V3 bios yes.
@KMann said any beta users should message him about updating their bios.

I mentioned above that I didn't expect Atmos to feature in the Mobius, but I feel that the planars, (possibly with an open backed design) would be a great platform to feature support for codecs like Atmos, most likely in a future product.
For PC gaming I use the W10 Atmos plugin anyways. Metro Exodus has Atmos sound and it is incredible immersive. The Division 1 also sounds great using it. Wildlands is not very convincing though. No chance to spot a helicopter by the sound alone.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #3,325 of 5,780
I am curious. Are folks enabling the 3D option while listening to music only?

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #3,326 of 5,780
Apr 3, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #3,327 of 5,780
For PC gaming I use the W10 Atmos plugin anyways. Metro Exodus has Atmos sound and it is incredible immersive. The Division 1 also sounds great using it. Wildlands is not very convincing though. No chance to spot a helicopter by the sound alone.
The game outputs an atmos bitstream like for a home theater system, and then you use the windows built in dolby atmos for headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back