Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 11, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,431 of 5,780
Oh, so in stereo mode doesn't it improve the '' virtualization '' or '' positioning'' of the audio? I though this '3D Audio' did works even on 2.0 about the positioning and with so, the immersivness of the audio.. I did not get it. They call it headtracking ok, but even 3d audio.. Mhh.. (I'm interest in 2.0 because on consoles i can't get 7.1 or more)

No, it's still stereo, the Mobius isn't doing any upmixing. The headtracking fixes the virtual speakers in place so when you move your head they don't move like an actual speaker.

There are other devices that can take an optical 5.1 signal from the ps4 and virtualize it for headphones.

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #2,432 of 5,780
No, it's still stereo, the Mobius isn't doing any upmixing. The headtracking fixes the virtual speakers in place so when you move your head they don't move like an actual speaker.

There are other devices that can take an optical 5.1 signal from the ps4 and virtualize it for headphones.
:frowning2: So i'll try to take Sound Blaster g6 amplifier that seems to go 5.1 dolby in optical.. But, does the headphone Will work perfectly with 3d stuff connect ed via aux in other dac/amps?

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #2,433 of 5,780
:frowning2: So i'll try to take Sound Blaster g6 amplifier that seems to go 5.1 dolby in optical.. But, does the headphone Will work perfectly with 3d stuff connect ed via aux in other dac/amps?

You can do virtualization processing before the Mobius and send that 2.0 signal to the Mobius through the aux connection. You won't have the headtracking function, but the Mobius' drivers will benefit the virtualization processing, and the Mobius EQ modes will still function.

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #2,435 of 5,780
Apparently the Nintendo Switch which utilizes USB-C works with USB DAC’s in docked mode.

I’ll have to test when I get some games later this week if it will also work with USB headphones in handheld mode if I switch Mobius to 2-channel mode.

Mobius... pulling adults back into their childhood. :wink:
I hadn’t played a video game in years until I got Mobius.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #2,436 of 5,780
I apologized if i missed it but has anyone posted measurements of the new Warm preset vs Default/Music.
Music, Default, and Warm EQ preset relative to Flat EQ:
IMG_0905.PNG

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #2,439 of 5,780
Apparently the Nintendo Switch which utilizes USB-C works with USB DAC’s in docked mode.

I’ll have to test when I get some games later this week if it will also work with USB headphones in handheld mode if I switch Mobius to 2-channel mode.

Mobius... pulling adults back into their childhood. :wink:
I hadn’t played a video game in years until I got Mobius.

Mobius USB works on switch in both handheld and docked. Just make sure its set to 2.0 or it wont work. It sounds great. I've been playing smash with the Mobius, which is pretty intense.

Dec 12, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #2,440 of 5,780
I am sooo torn on getting these. I want some Planar Headphones but cant decide if it's worth getting these over something like a HIFIMAN offering 400i, 400s, 560... I am still having a hard time buying into the DSP on these...

Can anyone compare the surround sound effect on these VS. like a set of different Planars with Dolby Atmos add on? or even the Sonic for Headphones add on?

I currently have Audio Technica 700x open back with Fiio 10k with a Bravo Audio for a bit of tube. I am fairly happy with these sound, but it does lack bass. Decisions Decisions. Most my use will be on PC for gaming and movies, and then the occasion ipad movie in bluetooth mode and maybe some music from time to time on Android.

Anyone with these got any advice at all for me? Worth the upgrade? Thanks fellas.

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #2,441 of 5,780
I am sooo torn on getting these. I want some Planar Headphones but cant decide if it's worth getting these over something like a HIFIMAN offering 400i, 400s, 560... I am still having a hard time buying into the DSP on these...

Can anyone compare the surround sound effect on these VS. like a set of different Planars with Dolby Atmos add on? or even the Sonic for Headphones add on?

I currently have Audio Technica 700x open back with Fiio 10k with a Bravo Audio for a bit of tube. I am fairly happy with these sound, but it does lack bass. Decisions Decisions. Most my use will be on PC for gaming and movies, and then the occasion ipad movie in bluetooth mode and maybe some music from time to time on Android.

Anyone with these got any advice at all for me? Worth the upgrade? Thanks fellas.

I never liked dolby headphone, atmos for headphones, windows sonic, razer surround, etc. You get a slight surround compared to standard stereo headphones and loose alot of fidelity. Waves NX is much better and gets out of your head and keeps fidelity intact for music. With the Mobius you get the added bonus of headtracking which improves realism of the virtualization and bluetooth capability.

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #2,442 of 5,780
Music, Default, and Warm EQ preset relative to Flat EQ:

Thanks a lot for the measurements.

That looks way to warm. I did think they were muffled and a lot more "Subwooferish" when i used the warm preset. almost thx00 sounding.
I hope audeze develops a custom EQ preset one day. Kinda would like a middle ground between default and warm.

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #2,444 of 5,780
Thanks a lot for the measurements.

That looks way to warm. I did think they were muffled and a lot more "Subwooferish" when i used the warm preset. almost thx00 sounding.
I hope audeze develops a custom EQ preset one day. Kinda would like a middle ground between default and warm.
Music EQ is somewhat inbetween, "Racing" too.
Remember, the curves do only show the differences of the EQ presets in relationship to the "Flat" preset.
Absolute values look much different, but don't make too much sense here as they largely depend on the coupler and compensation used.

I agree that the "Warm" preset sounds a bit muffled, but I think that was intended for all those who like that.
I cannot follow your concept that this sounds "Subwooferish", the enhancement goes way too much into the upper bass - lower midrange for this.
I would like to have a preset that is more "Subwooferish", which would mean boost only in the really low range 120 Hz and below.

Here is another comparative measurement showing the difference betweeen Mobius with "Music" EQ, to the EMU Teak (a better relative to the THX00), which looks astonishingly close, and in fact this is how it sounds.
IMG_0910.PNG

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,445 of 5,780
Mobius USB works on switch in both handheld and docked. Just make sure its set to 2.0 or it wont work. It sounds great. I've been playing smash with the Mobius, which is pretty intense.

Awesome, they only advertised it as working via 3.5mm. I’ve been using Mobius on PS4 and it works really well too. Volume varies widely by game but it’s sufficient with all the games I’ve tested. (Make sure to use maximum dynamic range with Spider-Man and not the headphone setting.) I’ve found I prefer using Ballistics with games but am looking forward to trying the Warm preset as well.

So Mobius does work well with all modern consoles. I don’t even need to charge it anymore since I’m using USB when I play games. Nice for Audeze.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back