Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 26, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #1,951 of 5,780
Yes, that's a pity that it seams there is no other way to get 7.1 sound (music and videos) into mobius other then from a computer.
No TV or DVD player (HDMI, SPDIF optical or coax), not even from iDevices.
Currently I use a long active USB extension to plug Mobius into a PC, but mostly using it on an iPhone dedicated for music, in plain stereo with Mobius 3D.

Any better ideas anyone?

Optical in with wireless headphones and surround virtuaization is limited to like sony and turtle beach devices. And wired headphones to something like dspeaker headspeaker

Oct 26, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #1,952 of 5,780
Optical in with wireless headphones and surround virtuaization is limited to like sony and turtle beach devices. And wired headphones to something like dspeaker headspeaker
I have an "AKG Hero 999 Audiosphere" with optical in and Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoder to HRTF "3-D", optional wired or wireless usable.
The HRTF does not sound good to me, strange coloration and not much 3D effect.
There were and are several systems on the market doing 5.1 out of Dolby Digital, but non of those sound as convincing as Mobius.

Oct 26, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #1,953 of 5,780
Apple TV 4k via Bluetooth has audio sync issues. This has already been covered, correct? Any fixes?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #1,955 of 5,780
Does the Mobius work with the Nvidia Shield via USB and is 5.1/7.1 available? Don't have the Shield yet but thinking of purchasing it.
No. The Nvidia Shield only does 2.0 over USB. However there is LDAC (stereo) on the shield and it is actually really good on Bluetooth.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 26, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #1,956 of 5,780
No. The Nvidia Shield only does 2.0 over USB. However there is LDAC (stereo) on the shield and it is actually really good on Bluetooth.
Thanks! It sounds like 2.0 works via USB and that is enough to make me happy, assuming it can get up to a decent volume unlike the PS4

I'll try LDAC but I'd guess there will be an audio delay. Will have to see...

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #1,958 of 5,780
could the nvidia shield be used as a bluetooth transmitter if I connect it to my PC? They are pretty inexpensive to buy and would be good to pair the mobius with if I use the optical out from my Asus STX soundcard to connect it with.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #1,960 of 5,780
Going back to my HD700's and DAC until this headtracking drift bug is fixed. it's becoming too much of an annoyance having everything come out of one ear cup during long gaming sessions. How are console owners finding it with Red Dead Redemption 2?

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #1,961 of 5,780
Going back to my HD700's and DAC until this headtracking drift bug is fixed. it's becoming too much of an annoyance having everything come out of one ear cup during long gaming sessions. How are console owners finding it with Red Dead Redemption 2?
So put 3D on automatic instead of manual if it's an issue.

I've never had this tracking issue unless I"m looking around a lot during gameplay. In which I just reset center.

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,964 of 5,780
Yesterday I finally received my Mobius after being sent a second pair, since the first one got lost in customs. So far I'm impressed with the sound quality after having listened to some music and played some games, but I have yet to hear any real differences between the different EQ-presets. Interestingly my Mobius came with the Warm-preset without needing a firmware upgrade (it was sent directly from their facility in California).

Unfortunately my headset suffers from channel imbalance (the right ear cup has higher volume). It was literally the first thing I noted when I put them on, at first I thought the left ear cup was broken but thankfully it wasn't! The imbalance persists across all modes (7.1, 2.1 and Hi-res) as well as across all EQ-presets and also affects the female information voice and the noise floor. I even put the headset on rotated 180 degrees to make sure I wasn't imagining it, the right ear cup is definitively louder in my pair. I know this was discussed a few pages back in relations to the measurements by Rtings and KaiSc, but I'm really surprised that it hasn't been brought up much. Do only some of the headsets have this imbalance or are we only a few who find it super annoying?

I really hope that this can be fixed through firmware updates, sending them back to the states for a replacement after all this time would be a nightmare-scenario. On the plus side I can re-balance the audio myself through software when listening to the Hi-res mode but I won't work for the 7.1-mode due to the headtracking. The imbalance hurts the 3D-emulation as well since sounds appear to come more from the right than they are supposed to.

I can also confirm the mic-issues others have reported before me, the volume is very low (even after I unmuted the mic, lol) and cuts of the beginnings of sentences. When the mic is at max volume I can hear the sidetone loud and clear but windows (7) receives almost no volume. I realize this will be solved in the next firmware update, but felt I might as well mention it.

To summarize, I think the Mobius sounds great and has a huge potential if the imbalance and the mic-issues are sorted out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back