Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 18, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #1,832 of 5,780
Thanks. What about the Apple Lightning to USB-C cable, do you think that would work? I don’t even know if it’s supposed to work that way and I can’t find any info.
Apple USBC to Lightning will not work. It requires a Lightning Audio Module (LAM) in the cable to get audio out. The only way to work with Iphone is through bluetooth or using the CCK for USB.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #1,833 of 5,780
Apple USBC to Lightning will not work. It requires a Lightning Audio Module (LAM) in the cable to get audio out. The only way to work with Iphone is through bluetooth or using the CCK for USB.

Thanks. I really appreciate your engagement with the community and willingness to answer questions.

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #1,835 of 5,780
You could try rooting your phone

As far as I know, Blackberry can't/hasn't been rooted as it's locked down at the hardware level. Root of Trust prevents any unauthorized OS from being installed, and BB Integrity Detection also seems to do something when system files are altered.. probably bricks it. So it's AAC for me, or new device.

@Audeze, any suggestions for using 3D mode during calls on my lowly non-LDAC phone or can I only use 3D off over AAC?

Also discovered this: if I take a call on my phone over BT then end the call while USB to PC is connected, the gypsy muse no longer announces anything on button presses. The headphone still seems to switch modes, but I don't know which mode I'm in until I restart Mobius and replug USB.

Oh and whenever I power up Mobius, I always have to switch back to 3D auto. Is the new firmware supposed to remember which 3D mode I was in before shut down? I think it's also forgetting previous EQ mode in some cases but I'd have to test that again.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #1,836 of 5,780
Just got my units this week. They are in the shops in Hong Kong. Very nice.

Just a thought: those with microphone problems:

Are you using it with the microphone symbol facing you, and the "Audeze" facing away from you? The hole in each side is for noise cancellation. It may not make a difference if this a single directional microphone giving a mono signal, but if there is more to it, the side facing you may matter.

Oct 19, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #1,837 of 5,780
Just got my units this week. They are in the shops in Hong Kong. Very nice.

Just a thought: those with microphone problems:

Are you using it with the microphone symbol facing you, and the "Audeze" facing away from you? The hole in each side is for noise cancellation. It may not make a difference if this a single directional microphone giving a mono signal, but if there is more to it, the side facing you may matter.
I believe the way the microphone was intended to be used was with the Audeze logo facing forward, so as to be seen by a third party, and thus the microphone inlet would be placed appropriately on the inside to face the mouth.

Oct 19, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #1,839 of 5,780
Hey guys.

I will buy the PS4 pro for Red Dead Redemption 2.

If I want the most features of Mobius with, what is the best use of it? Is it compatible in the first time? (I don't have the console yet).

Oct 19, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #1,841 of 5,780
What settings/mode would you guys suggest for the best positional audio in games?

And how does the Mobius positional audio compare to something like the GSX 1000?

I like the Warm preset for gaming with room ambiance turned up around 40-50%. That gives a very punchy sound with great positioning. I can’t direct compare with the GSX1000 but it is miles better than SBX, any of the filters in HeSuVi, WavesNX on my LCD2.
I’ve been trying virtual surround since the days of Aureal3D and I’ve never had the same same sense of enveloping surround as I do with the Mobius.

Oct 19, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #1,842 of 5,780
I like the Warm preset for gaming with room ambiance turned up around 40-50%. That gives a very punchy sound with great positioning. I can’t direct compare with the GSX1000 but it is miles better than SBX, any of the filters in HeSuVi, WavesNX on my LCD2.
I’ve been trying virtual surround since the days of Aureal3D and I’ve never had the same same sense of enveloping surround as I do with the Mobius.

Do you game in 7.1 channel, 2 Channel or Hi res? 3D and tracking on or off?

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #1,845 of 5,780
Do you have trouble with audio cues behind you? Or being able to accurately tell where things are?

Zero issue localizing sound from behind. Playing Blackout last night I was able to accurately tell where an enemy was while I was crouched in a garage. I could hear him outside running around the building and knew when he got to the door and perfectly timed a flashbang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back