Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 25, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #1,098 of 5,780
Haven't received mine yet (retail preorder) but reading the comments here is giving me serious second thoughts about canceling. I might wait to see if any of it gets resolved.
For all intents and purposes they work fine. Of course there’re some small things that could be improved but that happens with all headphones. I’ve not seen other headphones with the 3D effect the Mobious have (under thousands of dollars).

Sep 25, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #1,099 of 5,780
I have both, and will try to give a comparison. Purely as a virtual surround process, I think the gsx is better. I get better positional cues, and I get a more out of head experience with the gsx, whether thats due to the actual processing or being able to use open backed headphones (I used sennheiser game one with it). I also find that it does it best without the need of adding extra reverb, though the option is there.

The mobius on the other hand definitely needs your proper head measurements to sound its best as anything else can end up sounding metallic. I find the positioning very good, especially with the head tracking. And the head tracking definitely adds another dimension to the positional cues, so its very nice for that. So the head tracking is good, and I definitely get really good positional cues, but to me it feels like the soundfield is inside my head. Its 3d and surround, but I personally am not getting much of a feeling of space with the mobius.

On vss alone, I would give it to the gsx. But as an overall package, the mobius is pretty great. Have any other questions about the differences between them? I will be happy to answer anything specific you might want to know.

Thank you for clarifying specifically that the battery behavior I am seeing is by design and not an error or issue. Though I do still think some of the behavior is a bit weird even if by design. As a pc centric headset, I am probably going to be using it most that way. So having to unplug it every time I shut the PC off still seems a bit counter intuitive. Since this has clearly led to my battery dying more than once. Which then seems to cause another strange issue. The mobius does not resume charging at that point once the PC is switched back on, requiring me to unplug and plug it back in. Either way, thank you for clarifying, I at least now know the proper way to use it to avoid the issue I had been seeing.

Also this is a silly question, but I just want to verify, you have mentioned 1A chargers, most of the chargers I have are more than 1A, I just want to absolutely make sure that if I use a 2A charger that it wont cause any issues.

Using a charger rated for greater than the required amperage cannot harm your devices. A chargers rated amperage is merely the amount of amperage available to be drawn, the device will only draw as much as it is designed to draw.

Voltage, on the other hand, is very important to have an appropriate amount of for your device.

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,100 of 5,780
Guys, I'm in trouble.

I tried Mobius on some 3D and 2D games and no problem, the 3D (manual) works perfectly.
I'm playing a cRPG game which just released a few hours ago, Pathfinder: Kingmaker and... I have no 3D. When i turn my head Mobius reacts as a good old $20 and 2ch headphone.

What is the matter?
Is it a problem of the game? The settings of the Mobius are all unchanged, all is well from this side apparently :/

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,101 of 5,780
Guys, I'm in trouble.

I tried Mobius on some 3D and 2D games and no problem, the 3D (manual) works perfectly.
I'm playing a cRPG game which just released a few hours ago, Pathfinder: Kingmaker and... I have no 3D. When i turn my head Mobius reacts as a good old $20 and 2ch headphone.

What is the matter?
Is it a problem of the game? The settings of the Mobius are all unchanged, all is well from this side apparently :/

If the mobius was set to 7.1 before you launched the game, and there are no sound options to set the game to 5.1 7.1 surround w.e, then the game only has stereo audio.

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #1,103 of 5,780
So, I just got them. I have to say I am not impressed at all. They are shouty and boomy. I wonder if they improve with some burn-in. I have watched a movie with them as well. I think the sound for that was great. However, they are super uncomfortable. And the hiss. It annoys the hell out of me. It is practically impossible for me to use the analog cable. Well, will give them a couple of more days then maybe sell them. Not recommended at this point.

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #1,104 of 5,780
If the mobius was set to 7.1 before you launched the game, and there are no sound options to set the game to 5.1 7.1 surround w.e, then the game only has stereo audio.
Just a volume control of the sound, no effects, yes. But some others games do the same and it works...

Sounds like you disabled the 3D function, long press the 3D button and it should come back.
No the 3D is here, I just alt-tab, launched a music for a test and 3D worked well.

Probably as Zenvota said so...

Edit: Ok I played more... in fact it's "just" the voices of the characters/companions/npc. The other sounds/musics are well in 3D... weird, no?

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,105 of 5,780
Just a volume control of the sound, no effects, yes. But some others games do the same and it works...

No the 3D is here, I just alt-tab, launched a music for a test and 3D worked well.

Probably as Zenvota said so...

You should still get virtual stereo with 3d on though, that parts confusing.

Sep 25, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #1,106 of 5,780
Using a charger rated for greater than the required amperage cannot harm your devices. A chargers rated amperage is merely the amount of amperage available to be drawn, the device will only draw as much as it is designed to draw.

Voltage, on the other hand, is very important to have an appropriate amount of for your device.

I thought so, I just wanted to make sure since they were very specific about the 1amp chargers.

Sep 25, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,108 of 5,780

Let me explain this, there are certain games that allow you to change how many speaker channels options, such as left 4 dead 2 you can select 7.1 in game option, however there are other games such as The Witcher game series, Tomb raider these games support upto 7.1 & these auto detect your default playback device. Which for most will be the Audeze Mobius then it will check how many speaker channels it supports.

Now Pathfinder Kingmakers sounds like it does not support surround sound and only offers 2.0. So your Audeze Mobius is working fine.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #1,110 of 5,780

^^ This is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back