Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 5, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #272 of 5,780
Is anyone experiencing any issues with the mic not working well when paired to a device with bluetooth, but also plugged into a computer via the USB cable (USB-C in my case)? When I answer the bluetooth call, the mic is hard to hear for the other party but as soon as I unplug the USB cable from the computer, the mic is clear for the other party. I haven't tested this on a separate bluetooth device just yet to see if I can reproduce this.

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #273 of 5,780
Sep 5, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #274 of 5,780
So dumb question but how do I know what channel mode it is in? In my sound menu it’s listed as AUDEZE MOBIUS 8CH. Does that mean the 7.1 setting?

Sep 5, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #275 of 5,780
So dumb question but how do I know what channel mode it is in? In my sound menu it’s listed as AUDEZE MOBIUS 8CH. Does that mean the 7.1 setting?
Yesm mhm the .1 is the LFE( low frequency effects) channel

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #277 of 5,780
014F4108-28AD-42FC-A8A2-E4A8DCD3519D.jpeg
Made a custom walnut stand for 2 sets (Mobius not depicted).

Edit: Good lord this is huge on PC.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #278 of 5,780

Yes it is in 7.1 when it says 8CH, when in 2 channel or HiRes modes it will change to say AUDEZE MOBIUS 2CH.

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #279 of 5,780

Yea, but those headphone stands are branded $10-15 ones you can find on ebay and amazon. :) I have one of those at home, at least one that is generic branded and it works fine. The base is really lightweight though, so can easily move it around when removing and putting headphone back on. The one I linked has a very heavy, solid metal base.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #280 of 5,780
I'm really loving the "Music" eq setting with the high definition mode. The only thing lacking here is soundstage.

I've been going back and forth with the various modes, and I think my favorite for music has been the "Music" eq setting with 2ch mode, 3D Manual. I love the increased sense of space in the imaging. Feels a bit like listening to a proper hifi system, but without the side effect of driving everyone else out of the room.

I listened a while in High Res mode, but wasn't fond of the 'music is inside your head' quality. I think I'm very much a speaker person, and the Mobius really gives me that feeling without the inconvenience for other people.

For PC gaming, the 7.1 mode with 3D Manual was impressive as hell.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #281 of 5,780
I've been going back and forth with the various modes, and I think my favorite for music has been the "Music" eq setting with 2ch mode, 3D Manual. I love the increased sense of space in the imaging. Feels a bit like listening to a proper hifi system, but without the side effect of driving everyone else out of the room.

I listened a while in High Res mode, but wasn't fond of the 'music is inside your head' quality. I think I'm very much a speaker person, and the Mobius really gives me that feeling without the inconvenience for other people.

For PC gaming, the 7.1 mode with 3D Manual was impressive as hell.

I have been switching back between the two as well. The hi-res traditional mode is very good. It does sound better with better detail than the 3D mode, but the 3D mode does provide some immersion quality that is hard to replicate with any other headphone that I've tried. There are definitely WOW moments and the feeling that I am listening to speakers.

I prefer the Default setting, which is a tad brighter. But I prefer neutral/bright signatures. The music one seems closer to the old LCD pre-fazor signature, though maybe not quite as dark.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #282 of 5,780

If your primary use is in 3D mode for Music, use the windows app to calibrate to your head size and also interactively adjust the room size to your liking. I highly recommend doing this. The settings are stored on the Mobius and the app need not be running once you are done.

The release of Mac app is not far behind. We hope to release it in 4-6 weeks.

9-5-2018 2-17-10 PM.jpg

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #283 of 5,780
If your primary use is in 3D mode for Music, use the windows app to calibrate to your head size and also interactively adjust the room size to your liking. I highly recommend doing this. The settings are stored on the Mobius and the app need not be running once you are done.

https://www.audeze.com/audeze-hq-application

I didn't even know it was available...

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #284 of 5,780

Yea the app is fun to mess around with. If you change the Ambience setting to closer to 100, it sounds like you're at a medium-sized concert hall. If you drop it very low, you'll be in some weird vacuum chamber box, where sound completely cuts out if you turn your head quickly.

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #285 of 5,780
I'm excited to try the Mobius out with a couple games I own (Doom, Destiny 2, Batman: Arkham Series, Mass Effect Series, Skyrim) and at least one game I don't, but have pre-ordered (Anthem.. It'll be a while, but still excited). Looking forward to hearing how the D2 players experience goes with the Mobius though.
Mine should be here by the weekend. I'm also excited to try out the Batman: Arkham Series and the Mass Effect Series with them. I guess it's a race then to see who can try them out on those series first! :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back