Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 4, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #241 of 5,780
Haven't recieved mine yet but have a question regarding hiss. If those who hear a hiss when nothing is playing, could you play a track where there is silence in the recording(not a tape master) and see if you hear anything? For those who have recieved their mobius and use HeSuVi(version 2 is out!!), how does it compare? +1 for custom eq stored on headphone across all inputs :)

I'm enjoying them, they're nice for gaming (I actually like the FLAT setting for gaming). The 7.1 emulation is pretty good, just as good as the creative soundblaster e5 solution I've used. I wish they would've put dolby atmos in these, because I play a lot of overwatch and prefer to put them in hi-def mode with atmos enabled in game. But then again not all games have atmos.

Pros:
Ldac is great as always for bluetooth.
Most comfortable closed cans I've ever used (even with my TMJ)

Gripes:
I do hear a slight hiss when nothing is playing through them, not terrible
I was hoping for more bass
I keep wishing these were open back for better soundstage
The 3d tracking goes weird sometimes and I have to reset it a lot in their recommended mode for gaming (manual)
Controls are confusing...

Are they worth the money? Well, strong yes at the early bird pricing I paid, slight no for the full price I would say. But then again, I don't know of a wireless headphone that also has a built in dac/amp, built in ldac bluetooth, equalizer settings, 7.1 emulation, and a nice mic. It has potential for more too because they're going to release a windows application to update the firmware (hoping for custom eq and the ability to disable sidetone)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #242 of 5,780
Each mode in Mobius shows up as a different device on Windows. Mobius volume control is directly tied to windows volume control. As far as volume is concerned, Windows is the master and windows sets it at 100% just like it would any other device when you first plug it in. But Windows remembers the last volume you used the last time with ta specific mode.
That's what i wanted to know, thanks!

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #243 of 5,780
If anyone finds a USB-C to USB-C cable that is like 9ft with decent cable phonics let me know. I bought the amazon basics 9ft one and it isn't great.

Massdrop had some visually pleasing usb cables on sale with a variety of choice of cable ends and lengths. I'm getting mine today, but no mobius yet to try it out so just charging duties for now.

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #244 of 5,780
can someone confirm that Mobius always defaults to 100% volume when powered on?
No. When powered on it appears to be at the same volume as what I left it when powered off.

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #246 of 5,780
I'm enjoying them, they're nice for gaming (I actually like the FLAT setting for gaming). The 7.1 emulation is pretty good, just as good as the creative soundblaster e5 solution I've used. I wish they would've put dolby atmos in these, because I play a lot of overwatch and prefer to put them in hi-def mode with atmos enabled in game. But then again not all games have atmos.

Pros:
Ldac is great as always for bluetooth.
Most comfortable closed cans I've ever used (even with my TMJ)

Gripes:
I do hear a slight hiss when nothing is playing through them, not terrible
I was hoping for more bass
I keep wishing these were open back for better soundstage
The 3d tracking goes weird sometimes and I have to reset it a lot in their recommended mode for gaming (manual)
Controls are confusing...

Are they worth the money? Well, strong yes at the early bird pricing I paid, slight no for the full price I would say. But then again, I don't know of a wireless headphone that also has a built in dac/amp, built in ldac bluetooth, equalizer settings, 7.1 emulation, and a nice mic. It has potential for more too because they're going to release a windows application to update the firmware (hoping for custom eq and the ability to disable sidetone)

i wished i could have the gripes. however, still haven't received the toys while Audeze claimed that all has been shipped. :frowning2:***

i am just wondering if it's a mule that is carrying my toys around the whole world now.

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #247 of 5,780
I wish they would've put dolby atmos in these, because I play a lot of overwatch and prefer to put them in hi-def mode with atmos enabled in game. But then again not all games have atmos.

If they used atmos for headphones it would only be upmixing to an atmos track, very few games have atmos, last I looked it was just overwatch and star wars battlefront. Also, I don't think head tracking would've worked.

For those who have recieved their mobius and use HeSuVi(version 2 is out!!), how does it compare?
I didn't like the processing done by hesuvi for w.e reason when i tried it last. For instance comparing the ooyh preset on hesuvi to actually using ooyh was a huge difference in fidelity.

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #249 of 5,780
wouldn't it be great if there's auto off mode after being idle for certain time? doable through firmware update?? @Audeze
This is already present. If there is no active connection for more than 3 minutes, Mobius will shut off to prevent battery drain. So in these cases, there is probably an active connection through either Bluetooth or USB. We can certainly fine tune these things in future updates.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 4, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #250 of 5,780
i wished i could have the gripes. however, still haven't received the toys while Audeze claimed that all has been shipped. :frowning2:***

i am just wondering if it's a mule that is carrying my toys around the whole world now.
Please no shipping talk in this thread. See ya.

Sep 4, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #251 of 5,780
For sure. It's pretty rare that I'll use the HeSuVi ooyh setting. Sometimes on a movie or dark leaning mix. My faves atm are GSX, SSC, and CMSS. The revised version impresses me the more I investigate. What I especially like about HeSuVi is the ability to switch presets on the fly depending on my mood and mastering.Left/right switching comes in handy as well. Now that I'm more familiar with Voicemeeter(needed to get 2ch dacs running HeSuVi), I'd like to see if it is possible to run mobius(3d) simultaneously and in sync with my Earstudio(HeSuVi). This way I can have a friend or two share the surround experience over their respective dac/headphone and compare in realtime Fun times ahead!

I didn't like the processing done by hesuvi for w.e reason when i tried it last. For instance comparing the ooyh preset on hesuvi to actually using ooyh was a huge difference in fidelity.

Sep 4, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #252 of 5,780
Yes because both would look for a host. The OTG cable let's the Android device be a host.
I have a USB-B OTG adapter so I can't prove this unfortunately.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. In hindsight it makes lots of sense. Don't know why it tripped me up when I tried reading up on it.

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #253 of 5,780
Now that I'm more familiar with Voicemeeter(needed to get 2ch dacs running HeSuVi), I'd like to see if it is possible to run mobius(3d) simultaneously and in sync with my Earstudio(HeSuVi). This way I can have a friend or two share the surround experience over their respective dac/headphone and compare in realtime Fun times ahead!

I've been curious about this for running the mobius via usb with a bass shaker system. On my current system i split the signal out of the dac with emotica xbal and jensen iso max. But with voicemeter you can have 2 of the same usb audio streams at the same time?

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #254 of 5,780
What surround (5.1, 7.1, etc, anything the Mobius can consume) have you guys used so far (e.g. Netflix, particular games)? I wanna prepare myself for The Mobiusing

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #255 of 5,780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back