Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 14, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #571 of 5,780
On the other hand, 3D for music does provide a unique experience but with 3D off you are absolutely getting the clarity of an Audeze planar in Bluetooth mode. I’m doubly impressed considering all of my listening on the Sine and EL-8 was with lossless files.

Over-ear design is excellent as well. I’ve never used an over-ear headphone that sealed as well or was this stable.

I haven’t really gotten a lot of chances to experience the 3D but I did buy a PS4 Pro. Mostly for Spider-Man (first game I’ll play in five years) but the USB output to Mobius is promising. No 7.1 output yet but it’s technically possible and I can compare the headset to direct feed from the console.

Mobius would have been great for the price even if it was just a Bluetooth headphone but it’s cool that we also get a 3D gaming headset/multimedia headphone. :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #572 of 5,780
I don’t get all these Sine comparisons. Are you guys not watching any movies or games with surround sound?

That’s what this was built for. If you’re making a choice between the sines and these based on just listening to music then you really might as well keep your other options. I bought these to have surround sound when watching a movie by myself at night or playing a game and afterward I can put on some music before bed. Perfect for all of that.

I think it’s because as of right now this replaces Sine in the lineup, and ultimately provides a stronger value.

Sep 14, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #573 of 5,780
I am curious does anyone know how the Lcd2c compair to the Mobius. I currently have them pre-ordered and was thinking about cancelling it to purchase the Lcd2c. I do a bit of gaming and a small amount of music, but idk if the 3D alone is worth it, not sure how often I would use it with 1 monitor or sitting on the couch with a switch or ps4, I don't watch movies with headphones. I currently have the hd58x, hd6xx, dt770, dt1990 I was thinking of selling a couple to buy the Lcd2c.

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #574 of 5,780
Having some weird issues on Windows 7. As mentioned previously. When switching to 2ch hi-res i sometimes i lose mouse. Lately, when plugging in the head phones they do not show up in device manager/playback devices. I have to disconnect and reconnect.

I have had my head phones cut-out and then start playing (like crap) on my hifi speakers.

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #575 of 5,780
I am curious does anyone know how the Lcd2c compair to the Mobius. I currently have them pre-ordered and was thinking about cancelling it to purchase the Lcd2c. I do a bit of gaming and a small amount of music, but idk if the 3D alone is worth it, not sure how often I would use it with 1 monitor or sitting on the couch with a switch or ps4, I don't watch movies with headphones. I currently have the hd58x, hd6xx, dt770, dt1990 I was thinking of selling a couple to buy the Lcd2c.

No mobius to compare, and have the LCd2.2f. My end game LCD makes me forget that I have the mobius on order.

Sep 15, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #576 of 5,780
Having some weird issues on Windows 7. As mentioned previously. When switching to 2ch hi-res i sometimes i lose mouse. Lately, when plugging in the head phones they do not show up in device manager/playback devices. I have to disconnect and reconnect.

I have had my head phones cut-out and then start playing (like crap) on my hifi speakers.

I had some pause/interrupts happening at one point, when I would open other apps or when some web pages would load. I switched to a USB port that was not on the same USB controller and the mouse and keyboard and it cleared up. Not sure if you are on a desktop or laptop, for desktop move to a front USB port (if you have one) and for laptop move to the opposite side of the laptop (if you have ports on both sides). If you have a USB-c you could try using that one for Mobius.

I had to get longer cables for my desktop setup. I tried a 6' usb-a to usb-c and a 10' usb-c to usb-c and have had good results with both. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C2MWDKS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CV7MPB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sep 15, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #577 of 5,780

Not surprised with issues using Win7. It was a pretty flawed OS and therefore hard to troubleshoot. If possible, I suggest you update to Win8.1 or later. The cutouts could be a hardware issue and as suggested above moving to a different port might address it. It could also be an OS issue where insufficient resources are allocated to manage the workload of the USB port.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #578 of 5,780
I had some pause/interrupts happening at one point, when I would open other apps or when some web pages would load. I switched to a USB port that was not on the same USB controller and the mouse and keyboard and it cleared up. Not sure if you are on a desktop or laptop, for desktop move to a front USB port (if you have one) and for laptop move to the opposite side of the laptop (if you have ports on both sides). If you have a USB-c you could try using that one for Mobius.

I had to get longer cables for my desktop setup. I tried a 6' usb-a to usb-c and a 10' usb-c to usb-c and have had good results with both. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C2MWDKS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CV7MPB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased the second of the cables you listed. It isn't flexible at all. I wasn't thrilled with it.

Sep 15, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #579 of 5,780

I currently have it setup as such. Front ports used for Mobius and back ports used for everything else. I think im going to move the mobius back to the back. As i did have it there for a few days with no issues.

Not surprised with issues using Win7. It was a pretty flawed OS and therefore hard to troubleshoot. If possible, I suggest you update to Win8.1 or later. The cutouts could be a hardware issue and as suggested above moving to a different port might address it. It could also be an OS issue where insufficient resources are allocated to manage the workload of the USB port.

This is not an option for me. I cant stand windows 10 and definitely not upgrading to any variation of 8. If the issues persist then i'll have to think of another solution for audio.

Sep 15, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #580 of 5,780
I purchased the second of the cables you listed. It isn't flexible at all. I wasn't thrilled with it.

The Aukey cable is rigid as well but not nearly as rigid as the WGGE. The 10' (WGGE) provides me better desk cable routing options.

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #581 of 5,780
I currently have it setup as such. Front ports used for Mobius and back ports used for everything else. I think im going to move the mobius back to the back. As i did have it there for a few days with no issues.

This is not an option for me. I cant stand windows 10 and definitely not upgrading to any variation of 8. If the issues persist then i'll have to think of another solution for audio.
The only deal-breaker for Windows 10 for me was the start menu. Downloaded a program called Classic Shell and now it looks like classic Windows start menu.

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #582 of 5,780
I don’t get all these Sine comparisons. Are you guys not watching any movies or games with surround sound?

That’s what this was built for. If you’re making a choice between the sines and these based on just listening to music then you really might as well keep your other options. I bought these to have surround sound when watching a movie by myself at night or playing a game and afterward I can put on some music before bed. Perfect for all of that.
Point is to see how the Mobius compares to other phones. This is an impressions thread. Comparisons is a common way to establish an "impression." I happen to own a pair of Sines (which Audeze also makes) so I compared to those. Mostly with music only, cause that's my use case.

To your point, maybe a comparison to another phone that can do 3D and surround sound will make more sense. My guess is - good luck to another mfg. anytime soon matching the Mobius for that. The 3D effect is amazing.

For me personally, I have a H.T. with a 119" screen, 7.1 surround sound, etc...that I can game and watch movies on. So I only need a headphone for music listening at work, which I do a lot of. I was very curious to see if the Mobius could trump the SINE with just music listening. I figured other people might be also. I decided it doesn't, so now I've sold them. For other people, the more prominent lower end and mids of the Mobius may be preferred over the more revealing high end and clarity and sharp impact of the SINE. And of course all those other excellent features...

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #583 of 5,780
The only deal-breaker for Windows 10 for me was the start menu. Downloaded a program called Classic Shell and now it looks like classic Windows start menu.

I have a surface with windows 10. I like classic shell but i thought startdock 10 was "neater."

I have my issues with 10. One being the auto-updates. Many other reasons but i am not here to persuade or complain (too much).

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #585 of 5,780
Got mine. Need time to decide. I do like them and will keep them. Quick notes jump out to me. I crank music. I'm a basshead. Surely have hearing damage. Keep that in mind. Anyway, I play these loud. When the volume goes up I literally can smell the hot electronics. Anyone else?

I have an Essential phone and play music via LDAC which as others have stated sounds great. No tracking in bluetooth? Will have to refresh my reading... Also with my phone when it switches to a phone call of any sort the sound is all garbled and digitized. I think I called someone else about this but I mean it's garbled and inaudible. Will have to look into this as I cannot use these with this phone in LDAC bluetooth paired mode. I'll have to try the USB out of my phone next. Forgive me if I don't update. Spending time playing with these.

Hot. Yes. As others have noted. I'm in the Arizona desert so it stands to reason. Haven't played games yet on pc but things sound good on my computer via USB.

No hiss that I can really detect, although I'm sure my hearing isn't what it used to be. I think I may hear something, but I may just be trying too hard and am hearing silence. LOL. Regardless, I feel I hear no hiss.

Just my quick and dirty observations. They're keepers but I really do need to figure out the calling issue over my phone or how to change modes to get it to work.

ETA: I like listening to music 7.1 with tracking 3d in auto mode, but that's just me.
Second ETA: A tad bass light against my liking but I'm one not afraid to colorize via EQ bumps...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back