Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 25, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #2,837 of 5,780
So basically you want to disable one of the surround options (either the Xbox software or Mobius wizardry) and let the other do the work? I guess what I want to know is which would likely perform better? It is really hard to do direct comparisons, especially with dynamic games.

Perform better? Idk... it's comparing surround sound to stereo it's very different. Better placement with the Xbox's Atmos, more externalization with the Mobius.

My best advise is instead of trying to do a quick a/b, play a game for a while with one, then switch and try to play the same thing.

Jan 25, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #2,838 of 5,780
We have just updated the Audeze HQ app, this version has better (human readable error reporting) and also a recovery option if your Mobius morphs into 'Realtek USB 2.0 Headphone' and you are not able to proceed with update.
@scarfacegt -- Did support try to find if DFU driver was installed on your PC?

Jan 25, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #2,839 of 5,780
We have just updated the Audeze HQ app, this version has better (human readable error reporting) and also a recovery option if your Mobius morphs into 'Realtek USB 2.0 Headphone' and you are not able to proceed with update.
@scarfacegt -- Did support try to find if DFU driver was installed on your PC?

Thank you Audeze . After updating the HQ app, I was able to update the drivers .

Edit - This is strange, but after installing the HQ app and updating the driver for the Mobius, almost all the other programs I had in the directory I chose to use for the HQ app, are now missing . I did not use the default C: drive . This happen to anyone else?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #2,840 of 5,780
Which EQ do you use out of interest?
it varies, usually default. lately i have been using RPG with Dark Souls III and have been enjoying it.
the games i play are mostly single player though and i find the Mobius' 3d is more immersive than the Atmos.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #2,842 of 5,780
Perform better? Idk... it's comparing surround sound to stereo it's very different.

Aren't we just comparing two different methods of virtualising a stereo track into surround though? In the case of the Xbox the stereo track is being processed into surround by the Xbox and the Mobius is doing no work, whereas if you just push the 2.0 to the Mobius and let it process it on it's own behalf, it is creating the phantom surround there? It's like comparing two different methods of achieving the same goal?

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #2,843 of 5,780
I get this constant robotic buzzing like a clock mismatch when using the Mobius for Bluetooth calls on my iPhone. The other party says they hear constant static as well. It works fine in A2DP for music.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #2,844 of 5,780
Aren't we just comparing two different methods of virtualising a stereo track into surround though? In the case of the Xbox the stereo track is being processed into surround by the Xbox and the Mobius is doing no work, whereas if you just push the 2.0 to the Mobius and let it process it on it's own behalf, it is creating the phantom surround there? It's like comparing two different methods of achieving the same goal?

Nope. The Mobius doesn't do any upmixing. If you feed the Mobius stereo it outputs stereo, only it's virtualized stereo loudspeakers, think more like sitting at a desk in front of two studio monitors. If you feed the Mobius the 2.0 xbox atmos for headphones this will be surround sound but it's not as externalized as the Mobius' builtin engine.

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #2,845 of 5,780
No i dont think they did.

I have provided a snapshot from our troubleshooting guide. This has happened before, sometimes the DFU driver does not get installed and you may have trouble updating.

To check if the required drivers are installed, first disconnect Mobius. Then got o Device manager, go under view and enable 'Show hidden devices'. See if you can find the 'GD32 Device in DFU Mode' anywhere. If you do not find then the driver was not installed. When this happens (due to some driver incmpatibility related to your PC), the only solution we have found is to try another PC.

upload_2019-1-26_13-39-33.png

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #2,846 of 5,780
Nope. The Mobius doesn't do any upmixing. If you feed the Mobius stereo it outputs stereo, only it's virtualized stereo loudspeakers, think more like sitting at a desk in front of two studio monitors. If you feed the Mobius the 2.0 xbox atmos for headphones this will be surround sound but it's not as externalized as the Mobius' builtin engine.

Which would you use of the two options?

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #2,847 of 5,780
Which would you use of the two options?

when using the XBox
for music, movies and immersive games the Mobius' 3d
for competitive games atmos for headphones in order to get some rear effects advantage.

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #2,848 of 5,780
Firmware update worked for me. Was the 3D without tracking removed from this update? I thought I saw that was a feature recently.

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #2,849 of 5,780
Firmware update worked for me. Was the 3D without tracking removed from this update? I thought I saw that was a feature recently.
It (turning off tracking) requires a larger update and we found it not to be very stable during Beta testing. So we are working on improving the update procedure and hope to make it available at a later point.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #2,850 of 5,780
It (turning off tracking) requires an larger update and we found it not to be very stable during Betat testing. So we are working on improving the update procdure an dhope to make it available at a later point.
Cool. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back