Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 22, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #1,906 of 5,780
So i got an used (well actually new.just tested by owner) mobius on hand.Hmmmm,what to do.I have an sony wh1000 xm3 that i have to sell to get the mobius.I like the sonys.But i also have beyerdynamic xelento that i can use instead when i need isolation (comply tips).And the sound is better then the sonys.The sonys also have some vacuum/pressure that can be a little annoying.I guess i have to decide today,so the mobius dont get sold to some other dude.

Ps:anyone compared the sound of mobius to xm3's?

The mobius is way more shouty. Less relaxing. Way better bass on the mobius. But I sold my mobius. I prefer the b&w px over the xm3 though.

Oct 22, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #1,907 of 5,780
Oh god. I'm really sorry for you.. is there any chance you've pushed them onto your head to quickly/strongly? The airflow could crinkle the driver?

It's a shame, really, I was so happy with them but now, after seeing this post, I'm too paranoid too keep them.

I suppose if anything, that would be a possibility, but I haven't been rough with them at all, I honestly couldn't say they've seen anything outside of ordinary use.

Surely they wouldn't use sealed earpads if there was a chance of someone putting them on wrong? I feel like that would have been taken into account when they were choosing the pad material type.
I mean I've only had these two weeks so far, I hope this is an isolated incident.
Will have another look through the Mobius handbook to see if there is something I've missed in there.

Excercise caution all the same.

Oct 22, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #1,908 of 5,780
I feel like I'm about to cry, and properly sick to my stomach, I'm not sure what even happened.

I used these earlier today during a drive, they were working perfectly. I just sat down to play some Witcher 3 tonight, after half an hour or so of playing I went to adjust how they were sitting, only to hear an odd rustling sound in the right ear cup.

I pulled both pads off to examine the internal parts, only to find the left diaphragm is fine, but the right diaphragm is deformed.
I don't know what could have happened, I haven't had them at a loud volume for days, generally they're set quiet enough that I'd be able to hear of someone wants to talk to me, and why only in one cup too, it makes no sense!

I have no idea what to do about this. I'm very careful about how I use these, and meticulous about always placing them back in their case when I'm not using them.

Can anyone tell me anything about why this happened?

Slight crinkle and slight wrinkles like the one you show is normal as long as there is no puncture. The crinkle is due to the diaphragm adjusting to the pressure as you press the earcups against your ear. As long as Mobius sounds the same (which it should), nothing to be concerned.

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #1,909 of 5,780
These are my first wireless headphones and i need to get another BT Transmitter as my current kinivo is too weak of a signal for where my computer is at. Curious what transmitters everyone else is pairing these to or if there are any recommendations? Win 10 PC Using these for gaming so lowest latency possible would be great.

same here, i just found out that my middle range motherboard doesnt have bluetooth, so i am very angry. at the same time, i dont really understand much about bluetooth standards; is a 4.0 bluetooth emisor okay? or i should find a LDAC one (wich i havent seen yet, not sure if it exists)?

for the record, my unity has practically no hiss. i will eventually write a review from my not-very-audiophile standpoint

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #1,910 of 5,780
I feel like I'm about to cry, and properly sick to my stomach, I'm not sure what even happened.

I used these earlier today during a drive, they were working perfectly. I just sat down to play some Witcher 3 tonight, after half an hour or so of playing I went to adjust how they were sitting, only to hear an odd rustling sound in the right ear cup.

I pulled both pads off to examine the internal parts, only to find the left diaphragm is fine, but the right diaphragm is deformed.
I don't know what could have happened, I haven't had them at a loud volume for days, generally they're set quiet enough that I'd be able to hear of someone wants to talk to me, and why only in one cup too, it makes no sense!

I have no idea what to do about this. I'm very careful about how I use these, and meticulous about always placing them back in their case when I'm not using them.

it's ok with that little dent. be careful next time.

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #1,911 of 5,780
Slight crinkle and slight wrinkles like the one you show is normal as long as there is no puncture. The crinkle is due to the diaphragm adjusting to the pressure as you press the earcups against your ear. As long as Mobius sounds the same (which it should), nothing to be concerned.

That's somewhat more comforting to hear, and you are right, I forget to mention that the sound quality did remain perfectly fine.
Given they didn't ship in this state, should we expect this will be their natural worn-in state? If it were the same in both cups it would less off putting, it's just the asymmetry that's getting me at the moment.

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #1,912 of 5,780
same here, i just found out that my middle range motherboard doesnt have bluetooth, so i am very angry. at the same time, i dont really understand much about bluetooth standards; is a 4.0 bluetooth emisor okay? or i should find a LDAC one (wich i havent seen yet, not sure if it exists)?

for the record, my unity has practically no hiss. i will eventually write a review from my not-very-audiophile standpoint

No LDAC transmitters on the market that I am aware of. Buy a Bluetooth add-on that supports 5.0.

Oct 23, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #1,919 of 5,780
I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to use the Mobius with my Windows 10 box over Bluetooth and every time I change the Input settings to "Headset Audeze Mobius 3D BT Hands-Free", it also switches the Output settings to the same which also means 1 channel sound. When I keep Input on "Headset" and disable it for Output however and select "Headphones Audeze Mobius 3D BT Hands-Free", no sound comes out of it. When I try via my iPhone using Bluetooth, it seems to work fine. O_o What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can try to provide!

Oct 23, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #1,920 of 5,780

My guess would be a faulty driver. Seems like the thing holding the membrane failed. Contact Audeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back