Audeze - MM-Series - MM-500
Jul 8, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #61 of 379
I wonder if that headband is compatible with other LCD series headphones like the LCD-X.

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #62 of 379
I wonder if that headband is compatible with other LCD series headphones like the LCD-X.
Probably with some amount of modifications to get the yokes mounted… but then again anything is compatible with anything if you mod it enough

Jul 8, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #63 of 379
Looking at this review of CanJam Chicago 2022:

https://headphone.guru/canjam-chicago-2022-coverage-sponsored-by-underwood-hifi-part-4/

The pictures highly suggest that the MM-500 ear pads are between 90mm-100mm, which is smaller than the 110mm that many previous full-size Audezes were to decrease the overall weight:
02audeze0.jpg

02audeze1.jpg

Just look at the size of the cable connectors to the size of the ear cups. The MM-550 ear cups are about the size of the Beyerdynamic T5p series, which was about 90mm-100mm. This is very promising for those who thought that full-size Audezes were too heavy to wear for many hours at a time.

Jul 9, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #68 of 379
You can voice your opinion to @Audeze or @KMann and see if they will consider it.
Not KMann. He isn't an employee of Audeze, believe it or not. He is a university professor and consultant who does all audeze's dsp work. For his very good friend, the founder and ceo of Audeze. Who is the one that told me this at CanJam NYC this year, much to my extreme surprise. So just saying, I too have written to KMann discussing or asking for all sorts of things as if he was an employee. He doesn't correct any of us. But after what I was told the other month, I'll stop bothering him with things that aren't DSP specific.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #69 of 379
Im really looking for the 500 Series.
Ive heard the Audeze LCD X with a burson 3 XP.
They very good stock without EQ but but quiet heavy.

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #70 of 379
I don't think they are compatible. The angle of the vertical adjusting rods and position of the yoke is different. The newer headband has the rods almost vertical when on your head, the old headband has the rods more parallel with the headband. You would have to remove the cups and retrofit onto the newer yokes and the MM-500 is smaller so maybe you can adapt the LCD-5 to fit but not worth the effort in my opinion.

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #71 of 379
Looking at this review of CanJam Chicago 2022:

https://headphone.guru/canjam-chicago-2022-coverage-sponsored-by-underwood-hifi-part-4/

The pictures highly suggest that the MM-500 ear pads are between 90mm-100mm, which is smaller than the 110mm that many previous full-size Audezes were to decrease the overall weight:
02audeze0.jpg
02audeze1.jpg

Just look at the size of the cable connectors to the size of the ear cups. The MM-550 ear cups are about the size of the Beyerdynamic T5p series, which was about 90mm-100mm. This is very promising for those who thought that full-size Audezes were too heavy to wear for many hours at a time.
The MM-500 cup is smaller than the LCD series and I did not think they were too small. I have pretty big ears and did not fee any discomfort. I thought the MM-500 were excellent and compared them to the entire LCD lineup at Canjam and am planning to buy a pair.

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #74 of 379
MajorHifi review is up. Sounds promising. Hoping to see how the mm500 takes eq to the bass shelf as more people start to receive their units.
https://majorhifi.com/audeze-mm-500-review/
MajorHifi isn't what I would call a reliable reviewer (conflict of interest: they're a vendor and write advertisements) but it's nice to see these getting out in the wild.

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #75 of 379
Almost everyone who used them comments on strong heaband clamp, same story as with stock LCD-5 headband.
Wonder if Audeze will provide similar replacement option or may be give a choice of headband size during ordering, which would be the ideal scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back