Audeze - MM-Series - MM-500
Jun 3, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #32 of 380
Both the design and the driver reminiscent of LCD 5. Veeeery curious about the tuning. Less upper mid and more treble version of LCD 5 maybe ?

How about a Cross between the LCD-X and the MX-4.

More then likely, will sound nothing like the LCD-5, as the tuning is designed to be "studio", and the LCD-5 is not.
Also, they are not going to give the $4500 LCD-5, a in house competitor at $1699.00.
I just hope it does not sound like their Gaming Headphone., the GX.
My high hopes for this one are "slightly muted" and i'll to wait and get past the first reviews that will all "love it", and all the PRO reviews that are just marketing hype to sell it.

I hope that Hifiman is about to release a ... Susvara JR, or some other HE1000 that is "New tech". "beyond STEALTH"
How about a HE2000 ?????
Or just another flagship, will be very welcomed., as they have covered all the midrange now, with the XS and the Arya V3 STeath.

Need some NEW.... UPPER END GAME, ..from Fang and Hifiman.
Its quite overdue.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #33 of 380
If they sound as good as they look, then these are going to be great headphones.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #34 of 380
Need some NEW.... UPPER END GAME, ..from Fang and Hifiman.
Its quite overdue.

Not in an Audeze headphone thread we don't. Every HiFiMan headphone I've bought has been a mistake and a regret. Having 100 headphones in your product list where only two of them are any good is not a way to run a headphone company.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #35 of 380
Not in an Audeze headphone thread we don't. Every HiFiMan headphone I've bought has been a mistake and a regret. Having 100 headphones in your product list where only two of them are any good is not a way to run a headphone company.
Just curious. What two are you suggesting as good?

I'm not a fan of HiFiMan and I use my Arya's the least out of what I own but I think they have a bonkers line-up in terms of price to performance in multiple tiers.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #36 of 380

I'm not a fan of HiFiMan and I use my Arya's the least out of what I own but I think they have a bonkers line-up in terms of price to performance in multiple tiers.
Susvara 2.5mm and Susvara 3.5mm versions?

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #37 of 380
Susvara 2.5mm and Susvara 3.5mm versions?
Ha.

I was going to say:

HE-6
Code X
Sundara 2020
Edition XS
Arya Stealth
HE1000V2
Susvara

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #38 of 380

I don't want talk of HiFiMan headphones in an Audeze headphone thread. I have little interest in HiFiMan headphones. Too many of them don't sound right to me. And the few that do sound right require special amplification needs beyond the amps that I have. I have Cavalli amps like Liquid Fire and Liquid Glass and the Monoprice Cavallis. If the Liquid Glass isn't powerful enough to drive the headphone then I don't want the headphone. So HE6 and Susvara are out. And those are the two good headphones from HiFiMan.

Jun 3, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #40 of 380
Excited to see how this compares the LCD-5!
Aren't they in very different classes? One is msrp $4500, the other is $1700.

I'm on a hunt for one of the folks who professionally reviews and measures hp & iems who had access to an early sample but was embargoed from releasing the measurements until the product release.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #44 of 380
This may be of help:
636123B1-95AD-463C-A4E7-7749147A4766.jpeg

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #45 of 380
Aren't they in very different classes? One is msrp $4500, the other is $1700.

I'm on a hunt for one of the folks who professionally reviews and measures hp & iems who had access to an early sample but was embargoed from releasing the measurements until the product release.
They are. I daily drive the LCD-5s and adore them, so I selfishly want a comparison. Knowing me I'll pick up the MM-500s anyway to compare for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back