Audeze - MM-Series - MM-500
Jun 3, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #46 of 380
So how easy are these to drive?

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #51 of 380
Wondering if it will be a comfort vs audio quality thing. Or like for like in audio (with only some tuning changes for marketing purposes) together with better comfort.

Don’t see how it could go for better audio (dynamics, soundstage etc) and comfort so close to the LCD-X price point without completely torpedoing the LCD-X line.

Jun 4, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #53 of 380
Someone just needs to compare it against the LCD-X 2021. That's the important thing.
They are. I daily drive the LCD-5s and adore them, so I selfishly want a comparison. Knowing me I'll pick up the MM-500s anyway to compare for myself.

Exactly the two comparisons I’m interested in. I was gonna buy the LCD-X 2021 this month but now I may hold off until we get a better overview of how this headphone fits in. I am specifically looking for a more rumbly, fast-paced sub-bass without making the rest of the bass muddy.

Jun 4, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #54 of 380
Exactly the two comparisons I’m interested in. I was gonna buy the LCD-X 2021 this month but now I may hold off until we get a better overview of how this headphone fits in. I am specifically looking for a more rumbly, fast-paced sub-bass without making the rest of the bass muddy.

Same here, I was also temped to grab an LCD-X as I wanted something a bit more neutral sounding but I'll holding off now, especially after trying the LCD-5's on a couple of weeks ago, the weight was heaven compared to my LCD-2's!

Very eager to see how the MM-500 stacks up against the LCD-X.

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #56 of 380
Same here, I was also temped to grab an LCD-X as I wanted something a bit more neutral sounding but I'll holding off now, especially after trying the LCD-5's on a couple of weeks ago, the weight was heaven compared to my LCD-2's!

Very eager to see how the MM-500 stacks up against the LCD-X.
If you have the 2f it’s more “neutral” than the LCD-X in my opinion especially if you consider Harman neutral

Jun 8, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #57 of 380
If you have the 2f it’s more “neutral” than the LCD-X in my opinion especially if you consider Harman neutral
I wouldnt consider harman neutral, "neutral", and they definitely aren't tuning it to that. It's probably going to be a more precise LCD-X.

Jun 8, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #58 of 380
I wouldnt consider harman neutral, "neutral", and they definitely aren't tuning it to that. It's probably going to be a more precise LCD-X.

LCD 2f is closer to harman and has better low end imo. LCD-X has better everything else. Just my opinion. I know others have had different experiences.

Jun 16, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #59 of 380
Finally Audeze start making lighter and easier to drive headphones, a welcome change.

I love the build, but still I have to see how it compare to Hifiman Arya stealth and Focal clear mg pro in terms of sound and accessories.

Hello Manny Marroquin, I am curious if you blindly receive all of these 3 headphones for mixing, which one do you pick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back