Audeze MM-100
Aug 5, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #602 of 1,445
When are these supposed to finally release? I'd assume Fiio is going to frontrun Audeze at this point with their FT5 any day now.
Pre-orders are supposed to begin shipping the week of 7 August 2023. Those FT5 sure do look interesting, may be priced a tier above.

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #604 of 1,445
Pre-orders are supposed to begin shipping the week of 7 August 2023.

So, did they start shipping or are we still in limbo :scream:

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #605 of 1,445
Aug 8, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #607 of 1,445
Give it a rest. The HD series has been around for decades. If there were a high failure rate, it would be easy to expose and would certainly be posted on head fi. Everyone knows that, even though they are plastic, they hold up very well over time. You can watch and read hundreds of reviews where their build quality is addressed. Yes they’re plastic and yes they last forever.

Now let’s move on.
Does Audeze have a higher failure rate than Sennheiser?

I think its common knowledge on Head-Fi that reducing 6X0 uber clamp requires patience otherwise youre liable to snap the headband.

Forum perception of Audeze as having higher headband failure rates than Sennheiser might be because a greater percentage of Audeze consumers are more likely to be users of internet forums so complaints are louder.

People (whether owner or speculator) might be more sensitive to Audeze headband failure because of the expectations and risk associated with a higher dollar headphone.

Tangent: Interesting that USA companies KOSS electrostats and ZMF planars are the only headphone companies selling exotic drivers with a life time warranty.

seem = assertions based on incomplete info which is @HipHopScribe ‘s point.

Now lets keep this hype thread hype.

=============

Im disappointed by the newest heavier weight estimates for MM-100. I found LCDX weight a neck deal breaker so was hoping that MM-100 would be a more acceptable compromise of sound quality vs weight. Certainly MM-100 will not sound as nice as LCDX (pre determined by pricing and single side magnet array) but maybe preferable to 6X0 as a semi-portable headphone.

Aug 8, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #608 of 1,445
Does Audeze have a higher failure rate than Sennheiser?

I think its common knowledge on Head-Fi that reducing 6X0 uber clamp requires patience otherwise youre liable to snap the headband.

Forum perception of Audeze as having higher headband failure rates than Sennheiser might be because a greater percentage of Audeze consumers are more likely to be users of internet forums so complaints are louder.

People (whether owner or speculator) might be more sensitive to Audeze headband failure because of the expectations and risk associated with a higher dollar headphone.

Tangent: Interesting that USA companies KOSS electrostats and ZMF planars are the only headphone companies selling exotic drivers with a life time warranty.

seem = assertions based on incomplete info which is @HipHopScribe ‘s point.

Now lets keep this hype thread hype.

=============

Im disappointed by the newest heavier weight estimates for MM-100. I found LCDX weight a neck deal breaker so was hoping that MM-100 would be a more acceptable compromise of sound quality vs weight. Certainly MM-100 will not sound as nice as LCDX (pre determined by pricing and single side magnet array) but maybe preferable to 6X0 as a semi-portable headphone.
I don’t think anyone was saying that Audeze build quality is poor or that they have more headband failures than Sennheiser. I think most would argue that Audeze has great build quality, in general, and certainly better than Sennheiser.

But that doesn’t mean that Sennheisers are built poorly or that they frequently break. They don’t. They use high quality plastic that lasts forever. But at the end of the day, they’re still plastic. I prefer Audeze build quality to Sennheiser. I’ll take metal, leather, and carbon fiber over plastic all day. My only gripe with Audeze is with their choice to use glued on earpads.

Aug 8, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #609 of 1,445
I don’t think anyone was saying that Audeze build quality is poor or that they have more headband failures than Sennheiser. I think most would argue that Audeze has great build quality, in general, and certainly better than Sennheiser.

But that doesn’t mean that Sennheisers are built poorly or that they frequently break. They don’t. They use high quality plastic that lasts forever. But at the end of the day, they’re still plastic. I prefer Audeze build quality to Sennheiser. I’ll take metal, leather, and carbon fiber over plastic all day. My only gripe with Audeze is with their choice to use glued on earpads.
My car’s build quality would be better if all the plastic parts were replaced by metal, leather, or carbon fibre. Downside would be that my car would be muuch heavier and muuch more expensive. The weight would also make the car worse in most ways related to actual usage. Some say Audeze’s high weight makes it worse for actual usage.

I dont remember for sure, but I think a third party leaked the original weight info. Im wondering if Audeze reps let us believe the incorrect info so preorders and hype would stay strong. I know the Audeze rep in this thread ignores my unflattering but important and relevant questions so perhaps thats his MO. Maybe the third party leak regarding weight specs was Audeze’s idea and Audeze used a third party leak so they could deny any accusations of deceit later on.

fyi Im a fan of Audeze products but not so much their marketing.

Aug 8, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #610 of 1,445
My car’s build quality would be better if all the plastic parts were replaced by metal, leather, or carbon fibre. Downside would be that my car would be muuch heavier and muuch more expensive. The weight would also make the car worse in most ways related to actual usage. Some say Audeze’s high weight makes it worse for actual usage.

I dont remember for sure, but I think a third party leaked the original weight info. Im wondering if Audeze reps let us believe the incorrect info so preorders and hype would stay strong. I know the Audeze rep in this thread ignores my unflattering but important and relevant questions so perhaps thats his MO. Maybe the third party leak regarding weight specs was Audeze’s idea and Audeze used a third party leak so they could deny any accusations of deceit later on.

fyi Im a fan of Audeze products but not so much their marketing.
I completely agree about their weight and comfort. Those issues will be subjective to every individual. I was only commenting on their build quality, which is very good.

Aug 8, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #611 of 1,445
Aug 8, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #613 of 1,445
My estimated ship date from Audeze changed from this week to September on the status page for my order.

I custom ordered a set of hand made headphones from SASH in Ukraine on June 11. They shipped today.

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #614 of 1,445
My estimated ship date from Audeze changed from this week to September on the status page for my order.
Curious -- where do you get to this status page? I've logged into the Audeze web site and can see my orders and it shows no expected shipping date, just a claim that I still owe them money (remainder after deposit which I paid back in April), which I emailed support about, and they assured me that I would be charged automatically when it ships.

But there are no expected shipping dates for me. When did you preorder? 😅

1691531721829.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back