Audeze MM-100
Jan 31, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #1,412 of 1,445
"Average" - neither very good nor very bad.

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #1,413 of 1,445
Fair enough. In EU however they cost close to 575$.
Oh wow yea at $575 equivalent that’s a different story lol! But I still think at least build wise they feel better than some the higher price stuff I’ve tried. I definitely agree about the headband but thankfully one of the positions fits me perfectly

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #1,414 of 1,445
In EU, where quality matters, so far no hype.
Right. There's absolutely no marketing of any products in the EU. Everything is objective. :unamused:

After all, there's been no hype from Sennheiser (German company) for the release this month of its new 490 Pro. It has just slipped under the radar, and no one is talking about it. There's only 20 pages of discussion and breathless hype -- including people from the EU -- about it in a thread that's nine days old. Sennheiser already has released four videos on its YouTube channel in the last week hyping the 490 Pro.

Did Meze (Romanian company) release any new headphones last year? I must have missed them; there was zero marketing and PR. :unamused:

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #1,415 of 1,445
I dunno, a lot of audiophile headphones skimp on build quality for sonic value, so for me the MM-100 is definitely better than average for the price, even within the sub-$1000 range. How many of them use magnesium in the chassis to reduce weight? Not a whole lot. I mean if you don't value that stuff you're better off with a HFM.

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #1,416 of 1,445
Right. There's absolutely no marketing of any products in the EU. Everything is objective.

You totally missed my point.

There is plentry of marketing in the EU (as elsewhere). There is just no hype for the MM-100.

In fact market reaction in general has so far been quite lukeworm. And rightly so (IMHO).

Feb 2, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #1,419 of 1,445
You totally missed my point.

There is plentry of marketing in the EU (as elsewhere). There is just no hype for the MM-100.

In fact market reaction in general has so far been quite lukeworm. And rightly so (IMHO).
Yes, well at $575 and with availability being slow to begin with, that’s not surprising. In fact, here in the US, there were quite hard to get at first and with less “hype” than “drama,” what with some noted internal wiring issues. 😅

In fact, I was a pre-order and had one of the initial units with the messed up internal wiring — but they did promptly replace them for me.

I am very pleased with them now for the price and build and sound - with the one very mine gripe being the adjustment strap.

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #1,420 of 1,445
So why do we need 'hype' for a pair of headphones? Should we buy headphones purely based on hype? Surely a forum like this one is where you would go for honest opinions by people who have tried them and compared them to other products.

MarekM you said in post #1412 "Average - neither very good nor very bad". Your opinion of course but you haven't qualified it it any way. I wrote a review stating what I thought to give others an idea of what these cans might be like. I also stated how I came to my conclusions which included extensive listening? You've not done that in any way. Do you want to correct that?

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #1,421 of 1,445
I shared my initial impressions in Post 1,399

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #1,423 of 1,445
That is obvious. I am no reviewer. Was a potential customer, but probably no longer.

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #1,424 of 1,445
I have now had more listening time now (about 5 hours now of actual listening) and have decided to move on to another headphone. I'm reminded of my previous (apparently I've forgotten) search regarding a "neutral" and somewhat heavier headphone. Which is exactly what I got with the mm-100's...and how that's not what I was wanting or looking for. They fit comfortably on me for about 1 1/2-2 hours then I'm pretty much done enjoying them. My predisposition of neck issues is a major factor. I've been watching and following the mm-100's with the intent of just checking them out since September I believe. Then when a pair was made available from a reputable dealer, I jumped, as I usually do.
The sound signature is not a problem, my likes and preferences are... They are well built, I was surprised at that. And for the most part (to most everyone) very comfortable. I played my go to tracks looking to find my preferred sound (nirvana?). Here is the list of the music I listened to. Roxy Music: Mother of Pearl, Depeche Mode: It's No Good, The Eagles: Desparado entire album, Fleetwood Mac: I'm So Afraid (live version) and The Chain, Led Zeppelin I: You Shook Me, Pink Floyd: Fearless, Astronomy Domine (Live),Wish You Were Here, and Shine On You Crazy Diamond pts VI-IX, Pet Shop Boys: West End Girls, Russian Circles: Station, The Cure: The Kiss, The Smiths: How Soon is Now, YES: Close to the Edge (the Steven Wilson Remixes). All that to say this, none of those songs really moved me with the exception of one song, The Kiss. I had hoped these headphones would have suited me much more than they have, so I'll be moving them on...
Thanks for reading all this nonsense. The search continues. Darn
PS
Possibly a trade for another similar headphone: SJY Audio Moonlight, Umi, or Sash Tres se...

Cheers

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #1,425 of 1,445
I have now had more listening time now (about 5 hours now of actual listening) and have decided to move on to another headphone. I'm reminded of my previous (apparently I've forgotten) search regarding a "neutral" and somewhat heavier headphone. Which is exactly what I got with the mm-100's...and how that's not what I was wanting or looking for. They fit comfortably on me for about 1 1/2-2 hours then I'm pretty much done enjoying them. My predisposition of neck issues is a major factor. I've been watching and following the mm-100's with the intent of just checking them out since September I believe. Then when a pair was made available from a reputable dealer, I jumped, as I usually do.
The sound signature is not a problem, my likes and preferences are... They are well built, I was surprised at that. And for the most part (to most everyone) very comfortable. I played my go to tracks looking to find my preferred sound (nirvana?). Here is the list of the music I listened to. Roxy Music: Mother of Pearl, Depeche Mode: It's No Good, The Eagles: Desparado entire album, Fleetwood Mac: I'm So Afraid (live version) and The Chain, Led Zeppelin I: You Shook Me, Pink Floyd: Fearless, Astronomy Domine (Live),Wish You Were Here, and Shine On You Crazy Diamond pts VI-IX, Pet Shop Boys: West End Girls, Russian Circles: Station, The Cure: The Kiss, The Smiths: How Soon is Now, YES: Close to the Edge (the Steven Wilson Remixes). All that to say this, none of those songs really moved me with the exception of one song, The Kiss. I had hoped these headphones would have suited me much more than they have, so I'll be moving them on...
Thanks for reading all this nonsense. The search continues. Darn
PS
Possibly a trade for another similar headphone: SJY Audio Moonlight, Umi, or Sash Tres se...

Cheers

Yes, well at $575 and with availability being slow to begin with, that’s not surprising. In fact, here in the US, there were quite hard to get at first and with less “hype” than “drama,” what with some noted internal wiring issues. 😅

In fact, I was a pre-order and had one of the initial units with the messed up internal wiring — but they did promptly replace them for me.

I am very pleased with them now for the price and build and sound - with the one very mine gripe being the adjustment strap.
Does anyone know what came in the little cut out between the headphones in the foam insert in the box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back