AUDEZE LCD XC
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #3,546 of 4,127
I have to say they sound pretty darn nice. I'll have to spend more time with them, but with both the 888 and hp8 they sound fantastic. And no sound leakage while wife slept next to me last night! Mission accomplished.

I guess you slept on her def side. Lol. :wink:

Hey guys, what cable do you recommend for the xc to get some length. The stock is too short. No esoteric ridiculous priced suggestions please.

CustomCans U.K is good and as mentioned by another the Grado extension cables are a steal. :)

All my stuff is SE except the new 888 amp. I'm good with SE.

consider getting balanced because that amp offers a balanced output. Between balanced and standard output there is no better it just depends on the amps topology and if of course an amp supports balanced you should utilize it.

After spending some time with the xc they have my full 5 star recommendation. Incredible cans. They sound downright beautiful.

right on. I feel the same. They have their dark spots but for what they do and where they’re priced at? Amazing. :)

The ear pads are leather correct? I have the music creator edition.

yessim. :wink:

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #3,550 of 4,127
I ordered the XC. I want the bass! And my wife is happy with a closed back. And the xc reviewed better on head fi
I've tried the XC, driven by a Schiit Fulla 2. It was quite nice! @dmdm ... you're in our nation's capital, yes? Were you tempted to pick up a Dan Clark Audio (ex-MrSpeakers) Ether 1.1 Closed Back? [link]...
May I ask why you chose the XC? I'm in a similar boat... I want a flagship headphone, that's closed back (for the sake of my spouse's sanity). And I'm willing to pay the premium.

:ksc75smile: Unfair question to the thread: Audeze LCD-XC versus Ether 1.1 Closed Back. Splitting hairs or significantly different 'phones? :ksc75smile:

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #3,551 of 4,127
Dec 7, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #3,552 of 4,127
I've tried the XC, driven by a Schiit Fulla 2. It was quite nice! @dmdm ... you're in our nation's capital, yes? Were you tempted to pick up a Dan Clark Audio (ex-MrSpeakers) Ether 1.1 Closed Back? [link]...
May I ask why you chose the XC? I'm in a similar boat... I want a flagship headphone, that's closed back (for the sake of my spouse's sanity). And I'm willing to pay the premium.

:ksc75smile: Unfair question to the thread: Audeze LCD-XC versus Ether 1.1 Closed Back. Splitting hairs or significantly different 'phones? :ksc75smile:
Honestly I just wanted an audeze set. Mr speakers just isn't on my radar.

And yes, Ottawa Ontario!

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #3,554 of 4,127

Users who are viewing this thread

Back