AUDEZE LCD XC
Jan 9, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,831 of 4,151
IT looks like it took a little physical trauma. I don't know if it's under their warranty or if the warranty is transferable, but you could probably bend each of these back into place, or at the very least get a new yoke from audeze and replace it.

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #1,832 of 4,151
  I also just noticed this 
mad.gif

Same thing with my pair I bought after Christmas. I immediately notified the store after I tried it on for the first time. They're trying to get a hold of Audeze but it's been almost two weeks and I'm starting to get worried.

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #1,835 of 4,151
I fell victim to the included Audeze 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor failing on me.

My LCD-XC we're exhibiting noise in the left earcup and I was stressing about the driver failing. Then I remembered other members identifying the same issue and switched it out for my Grado adaptor and everything is playing cleanly again. Too bad the quality of the cable doesn't match the quality of the headphones.

I wonder how many returns Audeze deals with based on a faulty adaptor.
blink.gif

Sorry, I'm behind on this thread, but I had the same adaptor failure soon after purchasing my LCD-X.  I e-mailed Audez'e and they sent a replacement within a few days.  No questions, no charge.

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #1,836 of 4,151
Sorry, I'm behind on this thread, but I had the same adaptor failure soon after purchasing my LCD-X.  I e-mailed Audez'e and they sent a replacement within a few days.  No questions, no charge.

Good to know, I'll give 'em a ring. Thanks!

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #1,837 of 4,151
Does anyone have any issue with Static Electricity and the LCD XC? I am using the balanced connection a Violectric 281 amp. The XC doesn't have any issue with my Woo Wa7, and the amp has no issues with any other headphones in balanced or non-balanced - so it's difficult to figure out the culprit.

I have purchased a new balanced cable from Moon Audio as this is the only thing I haven't tried (and it's a good excuse to buy an aftermarket cable for my LCD XC)

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #1,838 of 4,151
I haven't had any static issues with my XCs but I used to own the LCD-2s and the stock single ended headphone cable failed about two weeks after I purchased them. I called Audeze and a replacement cable was priority shipped to me thar I received a couple of days later. Audeze even told me that If I wanted I could return the faulty cable to them at their cost which I did so they could investigate why it had failed. So in my brief experience Audeze did a good job of taking care of me.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,839 of 4,151
Browsing Audeze's revamped website yesterday,  I noticed that the efficiency/sensitivity of the XCs is now listed at 100db.  Prior to the website re-design and when I last visited their site which was about a week ago, the XCs sensitivity was listed at 95db.  Does anyone know the reason for this? I can only guess that there was typo or that Audeze has released an updated version of the XCs or that the XCs were measured again by the manufacturer. 

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #1,840 of 4,151
New owner here.

They are a great step up from my HE-500s in detail retrieval but for me I needed the isolation as my work environment is noisier than it should be. I'm using them with a Marantz HD-DAC1.

For me, the comfort is also off the charts. I never felt great wearing the 500s; always something was itchy or just not sitting right on my head. The XCs feel like i'm being hugged by two soft pillows and I look forward to putting them on.

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #1,841 of 4,151
  Browsing Audeze's revamped website yesterday,  I noticed that the efficiency/sensitivity of the XCs is now listed at 100db.  Prior to the website re-design and when I last visited their site which was about a week ago, the XCs sensitivity was listed at 95db.  Does anyone know the reason for this? I can only guess that there was typo or that Audeze has released an updated version of the XCs or that the XCs were measured again by the manufacturer. 

That is absolutely a typo on their part. My B&W P7s are far more sensitive, yet they are measured at 101.7 dB:

http://stereos.about.com/od/StereoHeadphoneReviews/ss/Bandw-P7-Measurements.htm

I swap between my P7s and LCD-XCs at home on a regular basis to help diagnose tube noise, since they are so much more sensitive.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,843 of 4,151
Good news (for me). My local retailer has finally got a hold of Audeze and a replacement headset is on its way, hopefully early next week. I'm gonna double check to make sure the replacement headphone is properly aligned and if it has any defects.

I wonder if all the complaints about discomfort is not because of the weight, but because it's defective in the first place.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,844 of 4,151
Audeze should get Beyerdynamic's advise on how to design headphones stem/yoke etc. 
I love how Audezes sound but not really a big fan of their flimsy Grado-style stems.
Hifiman recently introduced a new design for their 500 series model and
it looks far sturdier than their older models.
Audeze should re-design their yoke & headbands.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #1,845 of 4,151
  Audeze should get Beyerdynamic's advise on how to design headphones stem/yoke etc. 
I love how Audezes sound but not really a big fan of their flimsy Grado-style stems.
Hifiman recently introduced a new design for their 500 series model and
it looks far sturdier than their older models.
Audeze should re-design their yoke & headbands.

They did get BMW to help design the new EL-8. Maybe we'll see a redesign or replacement of the current LCD line in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back