AUDEZE LCD XC
Jan 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #1,802 of 4,151
I believe they are connected via double sided sticky tape. So you need new tape rings, but not new pads

ah, yes, that makes sense.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,803 of 4,151
On another topic, is anyone here knowledgable about wood finishing?

I just noticed a blemish on one side of my purple heart XCs. I used a high quality wax to try and buff out the blemish, but to no avail. I don't feel any indentation or scratch where the blemish is other than the round area most noticeable in the picture. It appears only the lacquer coating is scratched.

Any ideas on what's going on here and how to repair the finish?

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #1,804 of 4,151
thats painful to see.......was it there when u received it? 

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #1,805 of 4,151
New Audeze headphone at CES 2015, the el-8.

Check it out here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743713/audeze-el-8

And here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/749214/audeze-el-8-the-el-8-is-a-must-hear-at-ces-2015/15#post_11190297

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #1,806 of 4,151
  thats painful to see.......was it there when u received it? 

no, no, it was mint. I must have bumped it on something which caused the blemish. There must be a way to work out the blemish, but I don't know much about wood finishing, so I was hoping for someone to respond who might know of a way to fix the blemish.

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,808 of 4,151
Can you feel the blemish? Or is it still smooth?

No, there is no feel to the blemishes other than a tiny indentation on the round blemish.

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #1,811 of 4,151
I think you
  On another topic, is anyone here knowledgable about wood finishing?

I just noticed a blemish on one side of my purple heart XCs. I used a high quality wax to try and buff out the blemish, but to no avail. I don't feel any indentation or scratch where the blemish is other than the round area most noticeable in the picture. It appears only the lacquer coating is scratched.

Any ideas on what's going on here and how to repair the finish?

You need apply a new layer of varnish.
But I think the best way it is to contact Audeze, ask them if it is cover by the warranty and if not what kind of varnish you should use.

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #1,812 of 4,151
  I think it might have some thing to do with the rotation of the cups. one side lock inplace and the other does not. does any one know how to fix this. 

I had this issue with my LCD--X. After some back and forth, Audeze sent me replacements for the black squares that hold the yoke rods (they initiallythought it was the rods themselves). I could see the right one was not halting its rotation, so it lifted off slightly at the back. It seems pretty minor but it was quite annoying. Much better now.

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #1,813 of 4,151
  I think you

You need apply a new layer of varnish.
But I think the best way it is to contact Audeze, ask them if it is cover by the warranty and if not what kind of varnish you should use.

Thank you, kazcou, for your suggestion. I didn't consider contacting Audeze since the blemish was caused by something I did, so there is no warranty. But I will call since it's unlikely I'm the only one who has marred ear cups, and Audeze will probably have a good suggestion to return my XCs to new condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back