AUDEZE LCD XC
Dec 9, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #1,771 of 4,151
I really have to comment on how impressed I am with the XC's. I have owned some great headphones (to include the Sony MDR-R10s), and the detail presented with the XCs is the best in my experience. I know most of my albums well, and the level of detail, especially in the bass regions is outstanding. That old saying about hearing things I never heard before is more than accurate.

Really wonderful headphones, these.

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #1,772 of 4,151
I couldn't agree more ...

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #1,773 of 4,151
Well...after all the listening and reading, I have decided on the Audeze ( I think!)

Now the only, final question in my mind is the new McIntosh HP. I have a long history of liking, admiring and desiring their gear. I have read amazing things of their HP amp and surely wonder about their recently released HP.

OH, and what about the 'giant killer' MrSpeakers Alpha Primes!

I heard the new McIntosh is a rebadged HP from another company, perhaps Beyer. Yuck.

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #1,774 of 4,151
I looked into the Mintosh HP forum. Seems Beyerdynamic did provide the basic architecture for the HP but the fact that bushed product is supposedly far superior in every way to whatever it started out as.

But I know what you mean.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #1,775 of 4,151
  I really have to comment on how impressed I am with the XC's. I have owned some great headphones (to include the Sony MDR-R10s), and the detail presented with the XCs is the best in my experience. I know most of my albums well, and the level of detail, especially in the bass regions is outstanding. That old saying about hearing things I never heard before is more than accurate.

Really wonderful headphones, these.

Agree.  They are great closed cans.

I am listening to the Pentatonix music with the XC right now, driven only by my Macbook pro and AQ dragonfly.  The sound is really good - excellent voicing.  This music doesn't need much power to shine.

Last night, I listened to the same album with the uber Birfost / HDVA600 / HD800 rig, and tonight it sounds better.  These LCD cans are just exceptional.

Best -
RCB

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #1,776 of 4,151
Can I drive the Audeze LCD-XC with the Schiit Fulla? Currently using the Schiit Lyr, but looking for something to use with my Macbook on the move. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #1,777 of 4,151
Dec 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #1,778 of 4,151
  Can I drive the Audeze LCD-XC with the Schiit Fulla? Currently using the Schiit Lyr, but looking for something to use with my Macbook on the move. 

That should not be a problem, based on the Fulla specs.  I don't have experience with the Fulla, but my Asgard2 drives the XC pretty well.  For a portable rig, the Fulla looks good.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #1,779 of 4,151
Dec 19, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #1,780 of 4,151
I fell victim to the included Audeze 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor failing on me.

My LCD-XC we're exhibiting noise in the left earcup and I was stressing about the driver failing. Then I remembered other members identifying the same issue and switched it out for my Grado adaptor and everything is playing cleanly again. Too bad the quality of the cable doesn't match the quality of the headphones.

I wonder how many returns Audeze deals with based on a faulty adaptor. :blink:

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #1,781 of 4,151
I fell victim to the included Audeze 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor failing on me.

My LCD-XC we're exhibiting noise in the left earcup and I was stressing about the driver failing. Then I remembered other members identifying the same issue and switched it out for my Grado adaptor and everything is playing cleanly again. Too bad the quality of the cable doesn't match the quality of the headphones.

I wonder how many returns Audeze deals with based on a faulty adaptor.
blink.gif

It would be interesting to know... they sent me a functioning one and I was all happy.

With the bad one, the signal would cut in/out but the out was like 50% volume and tinny.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #1,782 of 4,151
Can someone give me a break down of how they feel the LCD-XC compares to the LCD-3 and the HD800?

I am looking at buying headphones mostly for my desktop. It will be paired with a high end dac/amp unit from audio-gd (Haven't decided which model yet). I am considering the HD800, LCD3 and LCD-XC. I am mostly interested in the LCD-XC because it is closed. Sealing sound is why I am considering the LCD-XC. If the seal is not great, I will opt for the LCD-3/HD800. Outside of how well it seals, how does it compare to the LCD-3/HD800?

The prices locally for the HD800/LCD-CX/LCD-3 are $1,200/$1,995,/$2,195.

I would like the LCD-XC because it is closed. But if it fails to seal well, I'd prefer to save my money and get the HD800. However, if it the LCD-3 is really that much better than the HD800 that is can justify the additional cost, I am willing to spring for that.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #1,783 of 4,151
Can someone give me a break down of how they feel the LCD-XC compares to the LCD-3 and the HD800?

I am looking at buying headphones mostly for my desktop. It will be paired with a high end dac/amp unit from audio-gd (Haven't decided which model yet). I am considering the HD800, LCD3 and LCD-XC. I am mostly interested in the LCD-XC because it is closed. Sealing sound is why I am considering the LCD-XC. If the seal is not great, I will opt for the LCD-3/HD800. Outside of how well it seals, how does it compare to the LCD-3/HD800?

The prices locally for the HD800/LCD-CX/LCD-3 are $1,200/$1,995,/$2,195.

I would like the LCD-XC because it is closed. But if it fails to seal well, I'd prefer to save my money and get the HD800. However, if it the LCD-3 is really that much better than the HD800 that is can justify the additional cost, I am willing to spring for that.

I'm a big fan of the LCD-XC, but if you don't need a closed headphone, I would go with either the LCD-X or LCD-3. But if you need a closed can, the XCs are a great choice. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #1,784 of 4,151
i tot the isolation on the XC is great, tested it for half an hour...better than the TH900.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,785 of 4,151
Listening to the XC now and I can slightly hear what my wife is watching, but my wife can't hear what I'm listening to if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back