AUDEZE LCD XC
Jul 6, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,516 of 4,151
I remember when my dog was puppy eating the AK701 cable had to replace the cable-now I am lucky with three dogs they stay away from  my gear now. Glad  the XC were not damaged that would been upsetting for sure.

It was entirely my fault for leaving them on the sofa cushion. I can't blame him for having too much energy!

I'm absolutely blown way there wasn't any damage. None!

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #1,518 of 4,151
  Has anyone disliked the look of the wooden earcups enough to paint them?  Probably not with a can of spraypaint, but you could take them to a place that does 2-pac paint for kitchen cupboards or a panelbeater/spraypainter.  You could get them to spray the cups next time they do a black kitchen or automotive repair?

eek.gif
   INCONCEIVABLE! 

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,519 of 4,151
Any chance the XC's can be driven by the AK240 alone (I'm planning on getting the Red Wine Audio upgrade version). I know it's easy to drive but can a reference class DAP drive it on it's own or should I go for a custom iem? I just don't want a portable amp, I'd rather carry it all in my pocket.

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #1,520 of 4,151
  Any chance the XC's can be driven by the AK240 alone (I'm planning on getting the Red Wine Audio upgrade version). I know it's easy to drive but can a reference class DAP drive it on it's own or should I go for a custom iem? I just don't want a portable amp, I'd rather carry it all in my pocket.

I find the 240 works beautifully with my XCs. I'm also a fan of simplicity.

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #1,521 of 4,151
I second that,I love listening to my xcs with just the ak240.they are lovely with each other.

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,522 of 4,151
I also like the idea of a one box solution for the LCD's - is there much difference in the amp section in the AK100 and AK120?  I know the AK240 is a higher quality build, and plays back DSD in it's native state, but is the amp part of them the same?

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #1,524 of 4,151
I did a search & didn't find it mentioned before, so just thought I'd post it in case anyone is considering this pairing. The XC's sound amazing on Master 9 & WA22 (with upgraded tubes).

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,529 of 4,151

I find the 240 works beautifully with my XCs. I'm also a fan of simplicity.

I second that,I love listening to my xcs with just the ak240.they are lovely with each other.

Thanks, but why do I keep on seeing people with iems using portable amps, if there are headphones out there that can be used without portable amps, why would people who choose to use iems then choose to throw in a portable amp? The XC really do seem to be the the most convinient option on because the advantages it offers in alot of areas, not to mention the SQ, my dilemma has been XC+ALO Reference 16+RWAK240 or Noble K10+ Wagnus Cable (Japanese company)+ RWAK240, don't sure if this makes my choice all that much easier though.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back