Jul 1, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #1,501 of 4,127
LCD XC best portable synergy set up

Source : AK 240
Amp : Fostex HP V1 tube hybrid
Cable : Crystal Cable DreamLine Mini to mini
Headphone : LCD XC

My impression :
High : silky smooth extended high with very good in detail and presentation
Mid : very sweet and neutral sounding midrange , no sibilance at all male and female voices
Bass : very good in detail and very clean bass , impact is good like tube amp , not so deep but
On the right portion no more no less
Separation : very good music separation
Soundstage : wide with very good depth too

Overall :
Very clean and very good clarity and very smooth sounding music .audiophile sound quality
I can hear for longer hours never get fatigue to my ears
One of the best synergy from my portable collection to drive my LCD XC

IMO

Hey rudi,

By the look of where your headband is adjusted to, you must be a big guy!

Do you like the Fostex amp over the Hugo used only as an amp? I keep thinking about upgrading my setup with an amp or maybe even the Hugo, but I do like the simplicity of using my 240 straight into my XCs.

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #1,502 of 4,127
Audeze has achieved something special with the XC, this Fazor technology is really something.  Outside of my Stax 007, it is really the only Flagship I want to use and keep for myself. I have a question though if anyone is interested in answering for me.  I'd like to know if the screws on the front side of the wooden cups are all that holds them in place.  I'd like to snap some images of what is under the cups, but wanted to make sure I don't have to remove the earspads and go in through the opposite side to fully remove them.  

Jul 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,503 of 4,127
Good question ...

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #1,505 of 4,127
7.png

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #1,506 of 4,127

Hey rudi,

By the look of where your headband is adjusted to, you must be a big guy!

Do you like the Fostex amp over the Hugo used only as an amp? I keep thinking about upgrading my setup with an amp or maybe even the Hugo, but I do like the simplicity of using my 240 straight into my XCs.

Hugo is awesome with the XC like really end game stuff and using the ak240 as the source optically . Man its scary it so good

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #1,507 of 4,127
Hugo is awesome with the XC like really end game stuff and using the ak240 as the source optically . Man its scary it so good

Very, very tempted to go with the Hugo and 240, but man, the price! :eek:

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #1,510 of 4,127

Frank, you're killing me with your comment on the Hugo!

Not only can I use it with my 240, but the Hugo would make for a good DAC using my TEAC as a transport. Also, I like the idea of bluetooth with apt-x so I can stream my two favorite internet radio stations (Radio Paradise and Soma FM) to my main system.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #1,512 of 4,127
Has anyone disliked the look of the wooden earcups enough to paint them?  Probably not with a can of spraypaint, but you could take them to a place that does 2-pac paint for kitchen cupboards or a panelbeater/spraypainter.  You could get them to spray the cups next time they do a black kitchen or automotive repair?

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #1,513 of 4,127
  Has anyone disliked the look of the wooden earcups enough to paint them?  Probably not with a can of spraypaint, but you could take them to a place that does 2-pac paint for kitchen cupboards or a panelbeater/spraypainter.  You could get them to spray the cups next time they do a black kitchen or automotive repair?

I love my Bubingas.

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #1,514 of 4,127
So...........

After my wife took our beagle out for a walk he decided he hadn't had enough excercise so he began to tear around the house at full speed at the same time I took a restroom break from listening to my XC. I heard this horrendous yelping and I thought he had broken his leg or something while being a complete mental case running around. To my horror I rushed out of the bathroom to see my XC cord wrapped around his leg and both dog and headphones were lying on the slate floor!!! :eek:

Also, my HA-1 amp was pulled about 45° from its normal position as the balanced jack didn't pop out and it yanked the unit very hard over.

I had placed the XC on the seat cushion when I got up and he jumped up on the sofa at full speed where a cord loop had somehow caught his leg, forming an instant noose, and they both went tumbling to the ground. He was more scared than anything and he's just fine.

My headphones are fine as well!! These things are really tough and I thought for sure there would be some sort of damage considering the energy with which they hit the slate tile! Nope, they're perfectly fine :D. I'm quite impressed with the durability of the XC, and thankful that it wasn't more serious (for both dog and headphone!). Lesson learned!

This is the culprit

I love the XC, but I love the little jerk even more!

Apologies for the dog pics in a headphone thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back