Audeze LCD-X
Oct 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #182 of 12,748
Spoke to the UK distributor this morning, hopefully have some news later this week for availability and pricing for the UK market which will certainly be interesting, ordered a pair of each for demo though, I'm so weak :)

Has anyone had any experience of the two ALO cables that Audeze are advertising as upgrades on their site? be interested in any feedback, ta.

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #184 of 12,748
  Spoke to the UK distributor this morning, hopefully have some news later this week for availability and pricing for the UK market which will certainly be interesting, ordered a pair of each for demo though, I'm so weak :)

Has anyone had any experience of the two ALO cables that Audeze are advertising as upgrades on their site? be interested in any feedback, ta.

ALO cables are uselessly overpriced.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #186 of 12,748
So anyone that attended rmaf and is not head-fi staff, do u have any impressions of the lcd-x?

I stopped in to CanJam on Sunday around noon (I live in the area). Everyone must have had enough by then, as I was able to walk up to every exhibit with zero wait times... except for the woo-audio monoblocks paired with the Abyss :wink:   As soon as I walked in, I was standing right next to Jude. A while later, I stood up after a listening session, and was next to Tyll. Funny how that works. Anyhow...

I listened to both the LCD-x and xc on three separate stops. I certainly appreciated them & the Audeze house sound. I found the bass flatter, the mids/highs nicely forward. It will be interesting to see some long-term reviews, because quite frankly - I don't see the LCD-x as a replacement for the LCD-3 at all. To my ears, it's the Audeze signature sound, voiced analytical/studio. Perhaps what you'd get if you asked Audeze to design their own version of a T1.  

I was actually interested in whether the LCD-xc would be a worthy competitor to the TH900. The woodcups are certainly beautiful to look at; wish they would have done something about the headband though - it throws the whole presentation off. I left wishing I would have heard a closed-back LCD-2.r2 or LCD-3 versus the LCD-xc, because the warmer sound with full bass is what I enjoy most. There wasn't anything that told me to sell my TH900's for some LCD-xc's, though I'd love to listen to them for a long-term review. Perhaps when the headphone lending library gets them in, I'll do that. 

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #187 of 12,748
Question for anyone who has heard both LCD-3 and LCD-X, if you were to buy one of these headphones now, which would you choose?
I'm not be able to demo either one as no one stocks them locally. I want to go back to my local dealer soon to confirm my order but I don't know which one to choose :-S

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #188 of 12,748
Question for anyone who has heard both LCD-3 and LCD-X, if you were to buy one of these headphones now, which would you choose?
I'm not be able to demo either one as no one stocks them locally. I want to go back to my local dealer soon to confirm my order but I don't know which one to choose :-S

It's way too soon to get truly accurate feedback on the subject considering the X doesn't start shipping out to early adopters for another ten days or so.  Then you need another couple of weeks beyond that to truly get acquainted with a new headphone in order to achieve a proper comparison.

At this point, you would simply be making your decision based on impressions from meet conditions which is nothing but a gamble.  I would just have the dealer postpone the order for now and then re-submit it in a few weeks once you have more thorough understanding of how the two match up.

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #189 of 12,748

I stopped in to CanJam on Sunday around noon (I live in the area). Everyone must have had enough by then, as I was able to walk up to every exhibit with zero wait times... except for the woo-audio monoblocks paired with the Abyss :wink:   As soon as I walked in, I was standing right next to Jude. A while later, I stood up after a listening session, and was next to Tyll. Funny how that works. Anyhow...

I listened to both the LCD-x and xc on three separate stops. I certainly appreciated them & the Audeze house sound. I found the bass flatter, the mids/highs nicely forward. It will be interesting to see some long-term reviews, because quite frankly - I don't see the LCD-x as a replacement for the LCD-3 at all. To my ears, it's the Audeze signature sound, voiced analytical/studio. Perhaps what you'd get if you asked Audeze to design their own version of a T1.  

I was actually interested in whether the LCD-xc would be a worthy competitor to the TH900. The woodcups are certainly beautiful to look at; wish they would have done something about the headband though - it throws the whole presentation off. I left wishing I would have heard a closed-back LCD-2.r2 or LCD-3 versus the LCD-xc, because the warmer sound with full bass is what I enjoy most. There wasn't anything that told me to sell my TH900's for some LCD-xc's, though I'd love to listen to them for a long-term review. Perhaps when the headphone lending library gets them in, I'll do that. 

Thanks for this. The XC is probably as expected, at least to me.

This is a question that will never help you. You're not in the audiophile game to get the "best." You're in this to get the best for yourself. Everyone has different preferences and tastes so you'll have to read for yourself accurate unbiased descriptions and choose what you think would suit your tastes better.

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #190 of 12,748
Shaka - If you don't want to wonder, purchase the LCD-x from a vendor who has a respectable return policy - and use the Headphone Lending Library to demo a pair of LCD-3's (and an amp, if your not setup already). That way you can listen to both side-by-side for about 15 days and come to some conclusions about what fits you best. 

If that's just not an option for you (say, your outside the US) - then I'd wait until the expert reviews start rolling in, and more forum members get theirs & share side-by-side impressions. 

GG - yeah, I certainly walked in with an expectation bias for the LCD-xc. I think many folks will really enjoy both x & xc. 

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #191 of 12,748
Thanks all. I know I should wait, it's the right thing.
I may just change my order to the Burson Conductor as I was planning on getting in a months time anyway. I'll just get the LCD-? later instead, once some reviews starting coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back