Audeze LCD-X
Dec 11, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #12,601 of 12,748
Hey I wanted to post this here since more people own this headphone than my LCD GX.

The plastic screwhead on top of the left pole snapped off. I noticed it was loose, and tightened it a few days ago and I guess I broke it.

The problem is that the thread is inside the pole. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it out? Or what to do generally?

I'd probably just replace the pole but you can't buy a new pole for the GX on the Audeze website. So I really don't know what to do. If I got the thread out I also don't know what type of screwhead it is either.

Is there any reason they used plastic screws? Kind of annoying. Didn't even notice they were plastic until it broke.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #12,602 of 12,748
Hi Gung,

Contact support@audeze.com and tell them you want to order:

HDW1078-KT which is the rods for the GX, MX4, and 4Z. It's $30 + shipping (since you're UK)

Make sure the email has:

Name:
Address:
Phone:

Serial number of your headphones:
Problem: Screw broke inside rod, need replacement rods

If you're in the 2 year warranty (EU has 2 year on parts), contact your local distributor.

Zip/PostalState/ProvinceDistributor NameAddressTelephone
BN43 6NZShoreham-by-SeaK & S Technology LtdA4 Dolphin Way01903 768919

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 13, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #12,604 of 12,748
Hi Gung,

Contact support@audeze.com and tell them you want to order:

HDW1078-KT which is the rods for the GX, MX4, and 4Z. It's $30 + shipping (since you're UK)

Make sure the email has:

Name:
Address:
Phone:

Serial number of your headphones:
Problem: Screw broke inside rod, need replacement rods

If you're in the 2 year warranty (EU has 2 year on parts), contact your local distributor.

Zip/PostalState/ProvinceDistributor NameAddressTelephone
BN43 6NZShoreham-by-SeaK & S Technology LtdA4 Dolphin Way01903 768919

Yeah thanks I already sent one in and received an email back. They gave good advice to get the screw out and someone is sending a replacement plastic screw so I don't need a new rod. Thanks for telling me how to get a new rod though, should that day ever come I'll remember.

Jan 4, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #12,605 of 12,748
I really want to know what the curve of the LCD-2021 roon DSP is.

I know it can be reverse engineered via a sweep and some loopback recording and measurement. But before I decide to learn what it takes to do all of that. Does anyone here already know how to do that or does anyone at @Audeze or otherwise know the curve?

Jan 5, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #12,607 of 12,748
I really want to know what the curve of the LCD-2021 roon DSP is.

I know it can be reverse engineered via a sweep and some loopback recording and measurement. But before I decide to learn what it takes to do all of that. Does anyone here already know how to do that or does anyone at @Audeze or otherwise know the curve?
We typically do not share the curves because they are hard to replicate using PEQ and more questions arise. You can just use Reveal plugin and Equalizer APO will show you the curve.

Jan 5, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #12,608 of 12,748
We typically do not share the curves because they are hard to replicate using PEQ and more questions arise. You can just use Reveal plugin and Equalizer APO will show you the curve.
Thanks for your response. I am going to explain why I am asking in a private message.

Feb 5, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #12,609 of 12,748
Picked these up today after returning a second pair of Focal Clear MG's which were defective.

Totally different sound. From the stuff I was able to hear on the Focals briefly, they were definitely laid back, whereas the LCD-X are more in your face, not soundstage wise, but as in slightly shouty. Minor EQ'ing with Peace is really softening a few things, and the bass responds well when I add more for some of my electronic music.

Going to listen to some Zeppelin later on to hear how they handle some of those 'wall of sound' tracks.

Feb 5, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #12,610 of 12,748
Anyone using dekoni elite fenestrated sheepskin pads on their lcdx 21?

Feb 6, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #12,611 of 12,748
LCD-X 2021 EQ Revision (06-28-22)
For more punch and slam

For those of you interested the EQ profile I posted earlier has under gone several silent revisions. The latest can be found below in the 19 band iteration.

And so for deep, tight bass that sounds more resolving and moves quickly out of the way of the honestly crafted mids and meticulously shaped highs, that accentuates the LCD-X’s "punch and slam" effect with kick drums and snares.

As you can see from the overlay-ed, inverted chart of Oratory1990's Harman Compensated FR (yes PEACE can do that!) I have stuck with a lot of his mids calculations, at times even more religiously than he did. My curve (green) deviates most from his (red) in the bass and the highs, adding a couple shots of bass slam and sparkling highs that makes vocalists more realistic and up close and personal. 80Hz is exaggerated in order target kick drums and make them cut through the mix. The dip after 40Hz is there to give sub, sub bass some slam to bass guitars.

Pre Amp: -14.35 (Be sure to enter this value to avoid clipping)

Band 1: Freq 40 Gain 3.45 Q 0.69 Filter Low Shelf
Band 2: Freq 40 Gain 0.83 Q 4 Filter Low Shelf
Band 3: Freq 80 Gain 5.12 Q 1.67 Filter Peak
Band 4: Freq 90 Gain 9.9 Q 0.65 Filter Low Shelf
Band 5: Freq 120 Gain 2.2 Q 1.41 Filter Peak
Band 6: Freq 220 Gain -3.5 Q 2.2 Filter Peak
Band 7: Freq 325 Gain 3.75 Q 1.2 Filter Peak
Band 8: Freq 450 Gain -1 Q 2.7 Filter Peak
Band 9: Freq 810 Gain -2.2 Q 2.41 Filter Peak
Band 10: Freq 1235 Gain -1 Q 2.4 Filter High Shelf
Band 11: Freq 1500 Gain 8.4 Q 0.71 Filter High Shelf
Band 12: Freq 1910 Gain 1.25 Q 5 Filter Peak
Band 13: Freq 2800 Gain -3.5 Q 2 Filter Peak
Band 14: Freq 3400 Gain 3 Q 2.1 Filter Peak
Band 15: Freq 5780 Gain -4.4 Q 4.8 Filter Peak
Band 16: Freq 7350 Gain -2 Q 7 Filter Peak
Band 17: Freq 10000 Gain -1.05 Q 0.9 Filter Peak
Band 18: Freq 13000 Gain 1.85 Q 2 Filter High Shelf
Band 19: Freq 19000 Gain 0.8 Q 0.8 Filter Peak

To increase or decrease bass, adjust gain to Band 4 to taste.
To increase or decrease treble, adjust gain to Band 17 to taste.

Here’s two original tracks of mine to try this profile out with that I mastered with the LCD-X 2021 that really pushes these cans to do things previously not thought possible by me:

Jonne Haven - “Big Bad World”

Jonne Haven - “Humble Me” (Norah Jones Cover)

It's been said already, but I must add that I've been working on EQing the LCD-X 2021 everyday for over 7 months now and I find that it responds to EQ settings superbly and with the greatest of resolution. Even the smallest of changes are reported, with minute detail and without distortion, the best of any headphone I have EQ'd.

Blessings,
-J

Can you export this and post the file so we can easily import it into Peace?

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #12,613 of 12,748
Sure thing. Here it is.

Blessings,
-J

Thanks. I actually downloaded a different one from you which I tweaked a bit and love it for certain music.

In all my reading reviews from users and discussions about these I did not hear these related to classical music - it was always about EDM and rock/metal. I don't listen to classical much but I put some on today with the LCD-X and wow it is something else.

These cans really EQ so well it's a lot of fun. I have a few EQ's for them now. One for classical, one for more my indie rock, one with some extra bass for electronic, and then just one kind of do it all EQ

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #12,615 of 12,748
does one black small bolt on both sides on lcd is for tighten or loose headband changing power size ?
There's a bit of a language barrier, but I will try to cover everything.

The metal screw on the bottom of the post is what holds the post on the bracket and the plastic or nylon screw on the top of the post is to keep the bracket from slipping all the way off when you adjust it all the way to the end. I believe that the hexagonal allen screw on the side of the black colored block with the audeze logo is to adjust the tension required to make an adjustment, but it should be set correctly from the factory and might have thread locking compound on it to keep it from shifting. If it's working correctly it's best to leave it alone.

If I'm wrong about anything someone can correct me. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back