Audeze LCD-X
Aug 25, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #12,376 of 12,748
I enjoy LCDX on my relatively “neutral” tube amp but I also prefer pairing with Phonitor2 which has tons of “air”/detail, slightly flashed out mids and robust bass response. It’s certainly an overkill as LCDX are extremely easy to drive so pairing it with amps of moderate power rating is a sound proposition. I am not very experienced with those but something like Schiit’s Jot2 or slightly “warmer” Rebel amp could be an interesting pairing

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #12,377 of 12,748
Still very thrilled with the 2021 LCD-X. For listening and audio engineering work. Incredible sound. No EQ.
RME Babyface Pro>RNHP>LCD-X

DSC02443.jpg
DSC02449.jpg

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #12,378 of 12,748
Nice class A little amp.

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #12,380 of 12,748
Still very thrilled with the 2021 LCD-X. For listening and audio engineering work. Incredible sound. No EQ.
RME Babyface Pro>RNHP>LCD-X

DSC02443.jpgDSC02449.jpg
Awesome pics!

Enjoyed the LCD-X last night when foobar went through my music library randomly... whether it was indie rock, punk, death metal, jazz, classical... the LCD-X is never shouty, always smooth sounding and hyper-detailed with an awe-inspiring low-end!

Loving the LCD-X (2021!)

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #12,381 of 12,748
Nice class A little amp.
I think it's class A/B biased towards class A and not a true class A design. That's about the only information about it that I've seen. It doesn't get much mention.
Magnificent headphone, can't get enough too. 2021 revision also, if not the weight tho... But i'll go for the carbon fiber headband :D
It is a bit heavy indeed. The 2021 got more of a weight reduction out of the gate that is more significant than the CF headband upgrade was good for. I have thought about the CF headband, but it's only a very small weight reduction for a large amount of money. 30 grams or something like that(I'm going from memory which is often wrong not a guaranteed accurate number don't feel like researching again). If you have the 2021 and then get a CF headband, you have the lightest LCD-X ever.

I rest my head back while listening and it makes the weight mostly irrelevant. But when I am doing audio engineer and musician things, I'm straight up and supporting that weight. I can get lost in a long session that goes for hours and get some neck soreness. I have noticed that I can go a good many hours without issue though. One thing to watch is posture. If you lean forward or look down, the strain is intensified. Sit straight up all alert and proper and you're good for a while.
Awesome pics!

Enjoyed the LCD-X last night when foobar went through my music library randomly... whether it was indie rock, punk, death metal, jazz, classical... the LCD-X is never shouty, always smooth sounding and hyper-detailed with an awe-inspiring low-end!

Loving the LCD-X (2021!)
I agree. If it's a great sounding recording, it sounds great, any genre. For someone like me who isn't really a collector and just wants one good all rounder, it's perfect.

Jazz, folk, hip hop, metal, dance, electronic, soundtrack, world, choral, classical, rock etc. I listen all over the place and I'm never even thinking about anything other than the music. It just projects it into my brain and it all sounds great.

I think that fact is revealing of how neutral they are. You play music, there it is in all of its glory. If it sounds bad, it's the recording that's the issue no doubt.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #12,382 of 12,748
I think it's class A/B biased towards class A and not a true class A design.
Could be. I just remember reading about it and it being a class A was mentioned a lot. Regardless. Its a nice, simple design that will serve you well for year's to come.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #12,384 of 12,748
I wondered can anyone let me know their thoughts on LCDX v Fostex TH900 MKII which I currently have on demo?

I was set to keep the Fostex as I love the crisp sound and impactful bass, but seeing as the LCDX are within the same price bracket I am tempted to demo these also.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #12,385 of 12,748
I wondered can anyone let me know their thoughts on LCDX v Fostex TH900 MKII which I currently have on demo?

I was set to keep the Fostex as I love the crisp sound and impactful bass, but seeing as the LCDX are within the same price bracket I am tempted to demo these also.

I enjoy both, they complement each other nicely. TH900 is amazing for EDM type of music, movie soundtracks etc. Incredible bass, very detailed but can get too tiring for me. The LCD-X is my preference when I wanna sit back and enjoy music. LCD-X is far smoother, darker, better mid-range and a more natural/ realistic tonality. It doesn't have the same mid-bass impact of the TH900, but it's pretty close. At the same time LCD-X sounds fuller. TH900 is much more comfortable to wear. If I only could keep one I'd go for LCD-X.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #12,386 of 12,748
is it true the 2021 lcd-x is less punchy in the bass then the 2021 lcd-2 fazor? and the weight of the lcd-x pretty much the same as the lcd-2 fazor now?

and can anyone describe the differences between the both 2021 models please? like does the lcd-x have much more treble then the lcd-2 fazor or is about the same?

and can anyone suggest an eq to try and see what the treble is like on the lcd-x to try on my 2021 lcd-2 fazor or just and eq to raise the treble somewhat on the 2021 lcd-2 fazor?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #12,387 of 12,748
is it true the 2021 lcd-x is less punchy in the bass then the 2021 lcd-2 fazor? and the weight of the lcd-x pretty much the same as the lcd-2 fazor now?

and can anyone describe the differences between the both 2021 models please? like does the lcd-x have much more treble then the lcd-2 fazor or is about the same?

and can anyone suggest an eq to try and see what the treble is like on the lcd-x to try on my 2021 lcd-2 fazor or just and eq to raise the treble somewhat on the 2021 lcd-2 fazor?
LCD-X is MORE punchy in the bass and the bass itself is quite a bit more accurate. LCD-2 has MORE bass itself and it's not as well controlled.
LCD-X has a clearer treble, more detailed, LCD-2 sounds a bit warmer.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #12,388 of 12,748
The 2021 pads are so damn comfortable. After the first two weeks I wiped them down with some distilled water on a tissue, let it dry off and applied just a dab of leather conditioner. The pads are so damn soft and supple. Love the LCD-X21!

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #12,389 of 12,748
The 2021 pads are so damn comfortable. After the first two weeks I wiped them down with some distilled water on a tissue, let it dry off and applied just a dab of leather conditioner. The pads are so damn soft and supple. Love the LCD-X21!
Can't say the same. I swapped through 3 sets of the new pads thinking I had received a bad batch. The foam is just to squishy and my left ear would constantly touch the fazors. Almost came to the point of selling it. Thank God for Dekoni.

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #12,390 of 12,748
Big fan as well. Closest I’ll get to being inside a Bentley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back