Audeze LCD-X
Feb 5, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #11,221 of 12,748
Hi all, I am planning to buy Klipsch heritage amp headphone for my lcd x! Has anyone tried to combine them yet? I chose heritage amp because it has coaxial input and usb audio! I also heard that the heritage amp's sound is clean, detailed. i don't know if it will help lcd x have better bas. I have not heard of the combination because I no longer have an heritage amp! someone who has ever tried to listen to heritage amp or have ever combined with lcd x let me feel ! Thanks !

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #11,223 of 12,748
Hi everyone , I want to know how it works audeze LCD-X with Schiit Jotunheim is it good combination
Hi, although I am less and less listening to full-sized headphones, the LCD-X and Jotunheim amp is my to-go setup if I want to listen to my CDs or Vinyls. Jotunheim is a very decent amp with a nice warm sound that suits the LCD-X. Check your sources also. Mine are quite old but full revised (Marantz CD60 and Pioneer PL-600X), analog sounding par excellence.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #11,226 of 12,748
Hi, after six months of intensive listening to LCD-X, I've come to the conclusion that they sound significantly better on high gain. It's not a matter of power, my Asgard 2 has quite enough power in low gain. IMO, high gain gives much more dynamics, mids become livelier, fuller, they aren't subdued at all. One more thing - here where I live temperatures are extremely high during the summer period and Asgard gets too hot, I can't leave it turned on for more than a couple of hours. Do you think that JDS Labs Atom pairs well with LCD-X? I need an amp that doesn't get too hot and that sounds nice.

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #11,227 of 12,748
umm... so I've had mine for a few hours and... umm... wow!

Really badass these things...

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #11,228 of 12,748
Hi, after six months of intensive listening to LCD-X, I've come to the conclusion that they sound significantly better on high gain. It's not a matter of power, my Asgard 2 has quite enough power in low gain. IMO, high gain gives much more dynamics, mids become livelier, fuller, they aren't subdued at all. One more thing - here where I live temperatures are extremely high during the summer period and Asgard gets too hot, I can't leave it turned on for more than a couple of hours. Do you think that JDS Labs Atom pairs well with LCD-X? I need an amp that doesn't get too hot and that sounds nice.

used the Atom w X for abt 2 months,

loved every minute of it

Despite the weight after 2hrs of course

Feb 26, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #11,229 of 12,748
Hi there,

I have a Hifiman HE-1000V2, HE-6 and HE-500. And I am considering buying the LCD-X. For that I would have to sell a Hifiman. Probably the HE-500. Or does it make no sense if you have the HE-1000V2?

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #11,231 of 12,748
Is the LCD-X soundstage as bad as users make it out to be? Some describe it as "in your head" and others as "being in a room with a small monitor setup." Who has the faulty ears here? I'm considering the X's as an alternative to the Arya's which have a wide soundstage but I am drawn away by the weak Impact/slam & the price of course. Is it feasible with imaging? I've read about users paring it with Audeze's reveal plugin.

Mar 13, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #11,232 of 12,748
Is the LCD-X soundstage as bad as users make it out to be? Some describe it as "in your head" and others as "being in a room with a small monitor setup." Who has the faulty ears here? I'm considering the X's as an alternative to the Arya's which have a wide soundstage but I am drawn away by the weak Impact/slam & the price of course. Is it feasible with imaging? I've read about users paring it with Audeze's reveal plugin.
I would not describe LCD-X soundstage bad. Also, I've noticed that soundstage depends on how loud I listen. If it is regular listening - the soundstage is alright, has a decent depth, imaging is very good. If I am in a mood to listen for a few songs very loud, then it is a bit different - it reminds me like you standing close to very big loud speakers, and overall sound is big, but everything is very close. It kind of makes sense actually.
Personally, I would like my next headphones to have bigger/wider soundstage. Although I do not know if I decide to get something new in two years, or 10 :)

Mar 13, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #11,233 of 12,748
I have the LCD-X and the Arya. They are very very different sounding headphones but I like both. After listening to the Arya, the LCD-X definitely sounds inside the head for a while.

Mar 28, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #11,235 of 12,748

Users who are viewing this thread

Back