Audeze LCD-X
Mar 2, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #9,856 of 12,748
I know most here do not do this with their X, but did anyone try to gaming with them? Is it good?

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #9,858 of 12,748
It's been awhile since I posted here, but thought this might be helpful to someone considering whether or not to do business with Audeze.

I bought the LCD-X headphones 3 years ago. They are by far the best headphones I have ever purchased. I do all my mixing on them.

Anyway, a week ago, the left side stopped working. I feared the worst - in two ways, 1. that the driver was dead and 2. that they would tell me they were out of warranty.

I had purchased these from an authorized reseller and couldn't find the receipt. But I had registered them immediately upon receiving them.

So I was possibly just a few days before the warranty was over or as much as a week past the warranties end. I didn't know, but expected the worst.

I wrote in to the company explaining the problem. Even telling them I was sure I was right at or even a little past the end of the warranty. They didn't bat an eye.

Jaren, in their customer service immediately issued a service order and gave me details on how to send them back. I did. I figured it would take a few weeks to get repaired. But low and behold, 24 hours later, they had sent a Fedex number and it was on it's way back to me.

They changed out both drivers. They told me they would never change just one as the sound might not be balanced.

And they changed the ear pads. Wow. Just wow. Talk about going above and beyond any expectation I had.

I'm thrilled with my Audeze LCD-10 headphones and even more thrilled with the service I've received.

This is a fantastic company to work with. They have a customer for life.

Thanks again, Jaren. You were beyond helpful.

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #9,861 of 12,748
Is anybody else using DSP correction with their LCD-X? I use Roon for my music playback and because Audeze provides presets for all of their HPs. I know they have other options for DSP correction for their HPs. I used to be an audio purist but with Roon and RoomPerfect with my surround processor (McIntosh MX150), I've become a DSP/equalization convert. My LCD-X are my go to HP and it's been making me think how I can acquire an LCD-4 just so I can see what that brings to the table.

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #9,862 of 12,748
Just saw LCDX MCS version and it had new headband and cable as LCD2C. I think LCDX in this version for this price is best Audeze headphone today, hope this offer will not end.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #9,863 of 12,748
Just wanted to chime in to add props for Jaren & Chris in support. Good, knowledgable and helpful guys. Glad to hear they took care of you.

Also and FWIW, yes, I just got my X's a few weeks ago and they to my surprise arrived with spring steel suspension headband & new cable.
I ordered a headband seperatly not know they'd come this way so, guess I'll list/sell the extra headband.

Mar 21, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #9,864 of 12,748
Is anybody else using DSP correction with their LCD-X? I use Roon for my music playback and because Audeze provides presets for all of their HPs. I know they have other options for DSP correction for their HPs. I used to be an audio purist but with Roon and RoomPerfect with my surround processor (McIntosh MX150), I've become a DSP/equalization convert. My LCD-X are my go to HP and it's been making me think how I can acquire an LCD-4 just so I can see what that brings to the table.

Wish I could try reveal w/ the X but I need to be on Mac OS 10.9.5 for studio reasons.
It's only for 10.10 on.

Mar 21, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #9,866 of 12,748
I've given up on all that VST garbage for getting any professional EQ modifications to work. Someone was kind enough to send me some EQs he worked out for the Xs and FB2K.

There are some very good VST EQ options other than reveal, sonorworks etc. Still, I tend to not EQ for headphones.
That said, curious to hear more bout the EQ for the X's you mentioned. A plug or hardware or?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #9,867 of 12,748
Just realized during my time with the LCD-X CE I didn't even touch the Reveal plugin. Did I miss something wonderful by not installing it? I found the highs to be just a bit too fatiguing, I fear that the plugin might've corrected that. I loved the headphone overall except for the weight.

Mar 21, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #9,868 of 12,748
Just wanted to chime in to add props for Jaren & Chris in support. Good, knowledgable and helpful guys. Glad to hear they took care of you.

Also and FWIW, yes, I just got my X's a few weeks ago and they to my surprise arrived with spring steel suspension headband & new cable.
I ordered a headband seperatly not know they'd come this way so, guess I'll list/sell the extra headband.
That is superior service. Jaren told me they replaced my ear pads - which I didn't expect. Would be incredible if they put the nicer, suspension headband on them. I'll know in about 2 weeks when they arrive here in Central America.

I've just not seen service like this, ever, anywhere.

It really makes one realize the value is far beyond the asking price. Well, if one is inclined to spend this kind of money, at least they can do it knowing they will be very well cared for.

Looking back over my old emails, I found one I sent when I was considering buying. I told them I had heard of a lot of driver failures and was concerned. They wrote back saying not to be concerned. If they failed, they would replace them and extend the warranty 3 more years. And they did precisely that.

Jaren, if you are reading this... thank you so much for your help. You must be proud to work for such a wonderful company. You make me even more proud to be an owner of one your headphones.

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #9,869 of 12,748

I do, but I always use DSP so it's not like I use it specifically for the X. I guess I can live without DSP on the X, but it'd only be for non-classical listening stuff. With classical, DSP has to be turned on for me (Android, JetAudio, Bongiovi DSP).

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #9,870 of 12,748
It's been awhile since I posted here, but thought this might be helpful to someone considering whether or not to do business with Audeze.

I bought the LCD-X headphones 3 years ago. They are by far the best headphones I have ever purchased. I do all my mixing on them.

Anyway, a week ago, the left side stopped working. I feared the worst - in two ways, 1. that the driver was dead and 2. that they would tell me they were out of warranty.

I had purchased these from an authorized reseller and couldn't find the receipt. But I had registered them immediately upon receiving them.

So I was possibly just a few days before the warranty was over or as much as a week past the warranties end. I didn't know, but expected the worst.

I wrote in to the company explaining the problem. Even telling them I was sure I was right at or even a little past the end of the warranty. They didn't bat an eye.

Jaren, in their customer service immediately issued a service order and gave me details on how to send them back. I did. I figured it would take a few weeks to get repaired. But low and behold, 24 hours later, they had sent a Fedex number and it was on it's way back to me.

They changed out both drivers. They told me they would never change just one as the sound might not be balanced.

And they changed the ear pads. Wow. Just wow. Talk about going above and beyond any expectation I had.

I'm thrilled with my Audeze LCD-10 headphones and even more thrilled with the service I've received.

This is a fantastic company to work with. They have a customer for life.

Thanks again, Jaren. You were beyond helpful.

I've had this exact same experience very recently as well but with my right driver that stopped working for whatever reason. Funny thing is it happened right before the 3-year mark for the warranty to expire which was in January of this year (bought my X's back in January '15). It was Chris Berens that helped me out and the turn around time was about week when I was expecting my cans to return to me in a month or so. Both drivers replaced and also new ear pads. Not something I was expecting but wow, they went over the top with the repair! Felt like I've had a brand new pair of LCD-X's in my hands. Such an amazing customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back