Audeze LCD-X
Nov 13, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #9,707 of 12,748
Going to get lcd x for a while, all I have is a mojo as far as dac/amp goes, is the Mojo sufficient for the lcd XC?
Let say it like this :
It is "OK". I mean, you are going to get somethings loud enought and stuff.
I used an Samsung Galaxy S5 with my X. It was totally "OK".

But, if the question is : "Am I going to get the best my X can give me ?". The answer is definitly "NO". You can use awesome amps with it before having to upgrade the headphone to have something better.

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #9,708 of 12,748
The change in sound will be very marginal, though. I drive my LCD-X at work from a Mojo, and it's fairly sufficient (the X is loud enough driven straight from my phone but it's a little muddy/congested, so I added a Mojo to get a leaner sound). At home, I drive it with my Auralic Taurus MK II.

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #9,709 of 12,748
The change in sound will be very marginal, though. I drive my LCD-X at work from a Mojo, and it's fairly sufficient (the X is loud enough driven straight from my phone but it's a little muddy/congested, so I added a Mojo to get a leaner sound). At home, I drive it with my Auralic Taurus MK II.

If you were to describe the difference from mojo to your taurus with the lcd x in percentage. What would you say Thr difference is in percent?

Also would you say The lcd x has forward clear engaging midrange?

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #9,710 of 12,748
If you were to describe the difference from mojo to your taurus with the lcd x in percentage. What would you say Thr difference is in percent?

Please don't bring numbers onto something as subjective as high end audio. IMHO, you shouldn't base your preferences on completely made up percentages.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #9,711 of 12,748

i had lcd 2 and heard lcd3 for a long time, and in the end bought lcd x mine was made in 2017 and its absolutely the best I heard among all lcds

but its heavy and that is its main backdraw

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #9,712 of 12,748
LCD-X + carbon fiber headband = perfect comfort in my experience.

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #9,713 of 12,748
LCD-X + carbon fiber headband = perfect comfort in my experience.

how much weight difference would that account for

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #9,714 of 12,748

I can't say if one combo is better than the other. My point was that the diff would be very small unless you spend your time nitpicking the diffs. The Taurus is a neutral amp so if anything it'd preserve the sound signature from the LCD-X and the Mojo. I believe the Taurus does a good job at instrument separation, but the tonal balance of the X is not changed.

The X's midrange, along with other parts of the frequency spectrum, is quite balanced. Nothing seems to stand out / is forward. It is engaging, yes, but may be not as much as the HD 650. But then again after spending some time with the X, I become a bit sensitive to the 650's forward mid.

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #9,715 of 12,748
how much weight difference would that account for

Is it not about reducing much of the weigh, the difference is not that great (have not measured it), but it is all about weight distribution on top of the head. It is for people who suffer from the "hot spot" (pain caused by concentrated pressure on top of the head) myself included. The CF headband has more area and spreads the pressure a lot better.

Nov 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #9,717 of 12,748

I disagree. The Mojo vs the Deckard is pretty noticeable. It's by no means bad, hell it's really awesome, but it's not what really opens the X up.

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #9,718 of 12,748
It seems Mojo's capability to drive planars are pretty good. But, can we say that it's output is a bit lean, outputting clearer, cleaner sound? Perhaps too lean and clean? I guess if I use the word lean, some people may interpret as being bass light, and that's not what I mean. Lean in a sense, the sounds are lacking a bit of body, but still drives the low-end no problem, and the headphone in general sounds to be driven properly.

I have a good suspicion that Mojo's characteristic is mids light, and this is probably what makes it sound lean. Hugo 2 on the other hand has added warmth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back