Audeze LCD-X
Oct 5, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #9,586 of 12,748
2 is bassier/fun ?
X more neutral / detail and punchier?
I suppose so. I like the LCD-X, but I fell in love with the LCD-2F even though it's not the most neutral or has the most detail at least to my ears and through my gear. I'll have to try out some other musical genres and see how the X fares

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #9,587 of 12,748
I suppose so. I like the LCD-X, but I fell in love with the LCD-2F even though it's not the most neutral or has the most detail at least to my ears and through my gear. I'll have to try out some other musical genres and see how the X fares

Sounds bout right. I swapped the 2F for the X because of the same thing and my preference just landed on the other side of yours. Both are stunningly good products, though.

Oct 7, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #9,589 of 12,748
Sounds bout right. I swapped the 2F for the X because of the same thing and my preference just landed on the other side of yours. Both are stunningly good products, though.
+1 to that - stunningly good products

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #9,592 of 12,748
Feeding my LCD-X with the Pass HPA-1 last two days.. who said "God is in the details"?? he was correct.. As stated, the Audeze LCD-X scales up nicely. Deep, wide soundstage, detail retrieval, accurate imaging, rendering difficult passages, hair on the neck raising musicality, just some of the newness.. So far the LCD-X/Pass HPA-1 marriage is on a honeymoon high..

Oct 9, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #9,594 of 12,748
Anybody had success with the Sonarworks True-Fi application? It's a system-wide EQ, and it has the LCD-X as one of their presets. I've been using it via their 10-day trial and I'm impressed for sure. The upper-midrange darkness seems corrected and I did notice some harshness on certain songs that has been completely eliminated... So I've been cranking that volume and having a really nice listen.

Try it out!

Would anyone else recommend another EQ? I use Tidal about 99% of the time.

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #9,595 of 12,748
Anybody had success with the Sonarworks True-Fi application? It's a system-wide EQ, and it has the LCD-X as one of their presets. I've been using it via their 10-day trial and I'm impressed for sure. The upper-midrange darkness seems corrected and I did notice some harshness on certain songs that has been completely eliminated... So I've been cranking that volume and having a really nice listen.

Try it out!

Would anyone else recommend another EQ? I use Tidal about 99% of the time.

I tried it but didn't like the preset. What system are you using? There's a systemwide free solution for MacOS that is small but works just fine.

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #9,596 of 12,748
On another topic but some may find interesting, I just received the Etymotic ER15 custom made protectors.

7Rf6SGe.jpg

Sorry for the picture size.

I test them using under the LCD-X and they have almost flat response!
This is going to be great for live concerts.

Oct 9, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #9,600 of 12,748
Chiming in that I also really wasn't a fan of Sonarworks. Their "presets" aren't what they seem. They aren't there to "enhance" anything, basically it's an EQ setting that's intended to run symmetrically to the frequency curve of the headphone so it sounds "flat." Now, I don't know about y'all, but if I'm buying an Audeze headphone, it's because I want the Audeze sound, and I really do not understand the appeal in purchasing headphones just to try and EQ their charms away. I can get the idea of EQ'ing a few issues out if you generally like the sound, but SW advertising itself as flattening every headphone to a linear response makes no damn sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back