Audeze LCD-X
Apr 5, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #9,229 of 12,748
  Anybody have heard the Bottlehead Crack with the Xs?

I've done a lot of research into LCD-X > Amp pairings and haven't come across anything on the Crack. I'm assuming it's because OTL amps delivery very little power to low-impedance planars like the X; they're generally much better suited for high-impedance dynamics.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #9,230 of 12,748

I've done a lot of research into LCD-X > Amp pairings and haven't come across anything on the Crack. I'm assuming it's because OTL amps delivery very little power to low-impedance planars like the X; they're generally much better suited for high-impedance dynamics.

Can you throw something of that research of yours? 
Being doing mine for a while but I'm even more undecided now.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #9,231 of 12,748

Oh is it just a plugin for a DAW? 

Rats! My music lives only on Tidal and Itunes..

Unfortunately, my answer to your 1st post would involve a hammer and a big red X on my machine.  But, that's just me.
Refering to this post, I read a lot of unhelpful posts in their FAQ site on DAWs.  What is a DAW?
As for using the Sonarworks SW or anything with their software, I think I'm going to wait at least a year to see if they attemped to harmonize their annoying licencing maize, and just get the product through a few revisions.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #9,232 of 12,748
Unfortunately, my answer to your 1st post would involve a hammer and a big red X on my machine.  But, that's just me.
Refering to this post, I read a lot of unhelpful posts in their FAQ site on DAWs.  What is a DAW?
As for using the Sonarworks SW or anything with their software, I think I'm going to wait at least a year to see if they attemped to harmonize their annoying licencing maize, and just get the product through a few revisions.

DAW = Digital Audio Workstation. Programs commonly used in the pro world for assembling and mixing recordings, as well as composing.
Biggest name is Avid's Pro-Tools

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #9,233 of 12,748

Can you throw something of that research of yours? 
Being doing mine for a while but I'm even more undecided now.

Long story short the X plays best with powerful solid state amps, or more neutral hybrid tube amps (OTL amps excluded as mentioned previously). Many people are finding the Jotunheim to be an excellent pairing with the X, lower price point aside. I was planning on getting one myself but have been thoroughly enjoying the X through my interface's headphone amp (Apollo Twin MkII) so I decided to give a tube amp a shot and got a Project Ember II instead.

The Ember isn't what I would call neutral as it's a pretty "tubey" sounding amp, but given the important caveat that I use Sonarworks to bring the X to a more neutral-ish spot I was actually looking for an amp with a bit more flavor, which the Ember brings nicely, and it has plenty of power to spare.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #9,234 of 12,748

DAW = Digital Audio Workstation. Programs commonly used in the pro world for assembling and mixing recordings, as well as composing.
Biggest name is Avid's Pro-Tools

Thanks, that clears some things up.  Hopefully, Sonarworks can get its act together so one doesn't have to be a professional to enjoy a better listening experience.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #9,235 of 12,748
can i ask please as I read some info online, does the lcd x have more bass quantity wise compared to lcd2 fazor

also how are the mids compared between the x and lcd2 fazor

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #9,238 of 12,748
Guys, anyone got any suggestions on where I can get custom cables for a reasonable price? Around $100 preferably.
What do you need that current cables aren't doing for you?

I have several cables from Venus Audio on eBay whenever I needed something longer or shorter.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #9,239 of 12,748
  Guys, anyone got any suggestions on where I can get custom cables for a reasonable price? Around $100 preferably.

Ursine Audio: https://squareup.com/store/ursine-audio

Makes wonderful braided cables on the cheap. I plan on purchasing an XLR cable for my Xs from him very soon, as the stock one is too long and has unfortunately been rolled over several times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back