Audeze LCD-X
Mar 21, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #9,167 of 12,748

People here told me to contact Audeze for support, I will be 100% honest, I didn't expect them to help.

Not one penny of my purchase went to Audeze, I expected they would ask me to pay for any accessories that might help me.

Instead, They sent me spacers (100% on their expense!, They arrived really fast!), Which create distance between your ears and the fazor, Hence fixing the problem.

I must admit I was 100% they are not going to be of much help.

To think they provide this kind of assistance when I am not even a direct customer!

Hat's off to you Audeze! 
beerchug.gif

Unfortunately the spacers didn't fix the problem, The pain in my left ear is completely gone, But my right ear is screaming for help.

I would hate to sell these! I am in love with the X's sound signature 
biggrin.gif

I will be happy to hear ANY suggestion (changing pads, headbands / ANYTHING) that will help fix this problem.

To Audeze - I sent you another mail, I am willing to do anything because I really want to keep these!

Thanks you again for your amazing support!

I told everyone I know about you :)

Thanks,

Daniel.

Bend the headband slightly behind the blocks that the rods go through. Just sounds like too much compression squishing the pads.
The headband won't snap, don't worry.
Push with thumb on inside (2), grip outside with fingers (1).

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #9,169 of 12,748
I had an issue with comfort as well with my LCD-Xs. Before you go about ordering new headbands and other things make sure the screw at the bottom of the headband is really screwed in. It has a tendency to undo itself and that leads to great pain. Once I screwed both sides they fit like a glove. 

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #9,171 of 12,748
The weight is not reduced, but the distribution of the pressure with the higher area of the headband strap makes all the difference in overall confort. Highly recommended.

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #9,172 of 12,748
One thing to note with the carbon fiber headband is that it doesn't stretch or deform like other materials. It's a little tight on my head and unlike plastic or metal materials where you can just stretch them a bit over time, the CF always returns to it's original shape.

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #9,175 of 12,748
Ditto on the cf headband. You might feel really dumb while ordering it but you'll feel really smart when you're wearing it.

I still don't know why they (or a third party) doesn't release an identical headband with aluminum in place of carbon fiber and pleather instead of leather for half the price. The carbon fiber (and to an extent the leather) raises the price for the sake of raising the price, in my opinion.

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #9,177 of 12,748

I keep delaying to buy it because ± 200 euros is just crazy for a headband.

We have all been there... And yet here we are, proud owners of the headband, recommending it.

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #9,178 of 12,748
  We have all been there... And yet here we are, proud owners of the headband, recommending it.

Yes but how do we mitigate my OCD of having vegan pads with a leather headband strap from the carbon fiber headband?

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #9,179 of 12,748

Yes but how do we mitigate my OCD of having vegan pads with a leather headband strap from the carbon fiber headband?

Take more drugs!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back