Audeze LCD-X
Mar 12, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #7,622 of 12,748
Thought up a new question. I plan to baby these headphones. Like, they'll either be on my head or on the stand, 100% of the time.

That got me thinking. Wouldn't it start to collect dust?

Do you all have any suggestions on any sort of cloth or cover I can put on it that will look GOOD and prevent dust? I was thinking a nice high quality black satin sheet to cover the stand and headphone. What
Do y'all think?

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #7,623 of 12,748
Thought up a new question. I plan to baby these headphones. Like, they'll either be on my head or on the stand, 100% of the time.

That got me thinking. Wouldn't it start to collect dust?

Do you all have any suggestions on any sort of cloth or cover I can put on it that will look GOOD and prevent dust? I was thinking a nice high quality black satin sheet to cover the stand and headphone. What
Do y'all think?

I got the following wooden storage box from a 2nd hand shop (or maybe it was an auction, can not remember exactly as it was years ago).

$2 was the cost.

In the base of the box I placed several pieces of cloth (cotton), about 2 inch thick , effectively making a pillow for them.

Prevents dust when I'm not wearing them, also humidity changes (not that I have a real problem with either).

I also cut out a small inlet on the left side of the box, so I can close the box without crimping the headphone cable.

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #7,624 of 12,748
I got the following wooden storage box from a 2nd hand shop (or maybe it was an auction, can not remember exactly as it was years ago).

$2 was the cost.

In the base of the box I placed several pieces of cloth (cotton), about 2 inch thick , effectively making a pillow for them.

Prevents dust when I'm not wearing them, also humidity changes (not that I have a real problem with either).

I also cut out a small inlet on the left side of the box, so I can close the box without crimping the headphone cable.

Oh wow, that looks really cool! Very unique. I'll have to get creative and create some sort of upright coffin than in cases both the x and stand. Who knows..

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #7,626 of 12,748
I keep mine in a drawer or on the stand, covered with a dish towel.  Well, kind of a nice dish towel...

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #7,629 of 12,748
  I use a McDonald's paper bag. It is very light and easy to put it on/off, works great. Just ask them for a new one so it doesn't smell like a Big Mac.

10/10.

Best post today.
gs1000.gif
I love ya work.

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #7,632 of 12,748

$2 was the cost.

That is stunning.
beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #7,634 of 12,748
Thanks! I'll be running it with the O2+ODAC for the time being until I can afford better amp.

In the mean time, I'll just keep annoying my family by listening to my JBL LSR305s :)

Honestly that is a great amp and dac for the x. I have that as well as a highfi m8 and notice little to no difference between the two until I start playing with the treble and bass settings on the m8. The odac combo is a nice neutral presentation with low distortion and plenty of power for the x.

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #7,635 of 12,748
ARRRRRRGGGH!!!

Apparently while I was in the shower, the mail came and gone and didn't deliver my package because nobody was at the door! So I'm left with this note saying "Sorry we missed you!"

I have never screamed so loud..  
mad.gif
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back