Audeze LCD-X
Apr 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,811 of 12,748
I don’t know for sure, but I seriously doubt the new LCD 3 will be more efficient by having fazors.
That's okay. I was just daydreaming how nice a pair of LCD-3's would look next to my Grado RS1's. The X's with the micro suede cups are still top of the to-do list.

Apr 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #3,813 of 12,748
Articnoise, with the LCD-3's having fazors for 2014 do you know if the overall efficiency of the 3's has been increased to anything close to that of the LCD-X's?

I have the LCD-3 and the LCD-XC and the LCD-3 requires noticeably more cranking of the volume dial.

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #3,815 of 12,748
The "Fazors" are just waveguides, basically a piece of machined metal with little triangular wings that guide the sound waves as they travel out of the slits of the driver assembly. It's not something magical or invasive.

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #3,817 of 12,748

Finally got around to trying this.  Awesome and thanks for sharing it. 
beerchug.gif

my pleasure 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #3,818 of 12,748
...the gunmetal itself looks nice, the combination with black leather still ok, just if wood comes into the game it's simply getting a bit too much, at least for my taste..... let's see, since there was obviously quite some demand, they might even re-animate the gunmetal... who knows...

The dealer I bought my LCD-X's from told me that the all black color was to be discontinued to be replaced by the gunmetal design as standard?

He either got his facts wrong or maybe was told this by Audeze only for them to change things around?

Personally, I prefer the all black look, but there's no right or wrong preference, its all subjective, but not anymore if the gunmetal is no longer an option, its either black or black.

On the plus side, its one less thing to agonize over for new customers of the LCD-X...

Apr 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #3,819 of 12,748
must be audeze changed things around in regard to the supply, or maybe the luxury market, which cares more about looks than sq, digs more the black

anyway i read too in more than one place that the black was meant to be the limited edition, last time while watching headroom's headphone samurai lcd-x review, lol, he urged to buy the limited black before it runs out of supply
biggrin.gif

in the end all but the black and bubingaaaa! resulted discontinued limited editions
cool.gif

booooriiiing
rolleyes.gif

edit: now imagine all those that bought the "limited" black to fetch a higher resale value later on, bubiiiingaaaa !!!

Apr 14, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #3,820 of 12,748
Does anyone have problems wearing the LCD-X's with eyeglasses while using a laptop for long periods of time?

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #3,821 of 12,748
Does anyone have problems wearing the LCD-X's with eyeglasses while using a laptop for long periods of time?

doesn't bother me in the least

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #3,822 of 12,748
doesn't bother me in the least
Thank you jaywillin for the reassurance as I walk like a condemned man inexorably toward the procurement of the prized Audeze LCD-X's.

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #3,823 of 12,748
Thank you jaywillin for the reassurance as I walk like a condemned man inexorably toward the procurement of the prized Audeze LCD-X's.

but do you have a sly smile on your face ??
cool.gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #3,825 of 12,748
Yes, if you purchase a new one they will now be equipped with Fazors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back