Audeze LCD-X
Mar 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #3,541 of 12,748
Yeah it was a trade with a forum member so that's $1700 down the drain

damn, that's like a kick in the stomach, or lower, maybe something can be done, good luck !

Mar 23, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #3,542 of 12,748
Yeah I plan to contact usps on Monday to complain. Unfortunately the person I traded with didn't get insurance or signature confirmation so I'm really at the whims of my neighbors now

I experienced the similar situation twice:

- The 1st time the tracking said delivered but as I checked my frond door camera, the USPS guy came to my house, rang my bell but no one open the door, so he left. No notice left by the way. He delivered it 2 days later.

- The 2nd time the package was insured with signature confirmation. The USPS guy came and no one sign the package and he left a note. But yes, the tracking status said delivered.

'So, I hope nothing went bad with your package.

Mar 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #3,544 of 12,748
Yeah not sure probably because it would have cost extra

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #3,545 of 12,748
That seems pretty unusual that they don't sound anything like the X's since they are both using the new Fazor tech, I literally just thought it was the same exact headphone just in a closed version.

From speaking to Audez'e, you are correct that they are basically the same design with the exception of the cups, but those cups dramatically change the sound signature. The upper mids and treble are MUCH more forward with the XC's in much the same way as the HD800’s. They also lack some of the bass depth and slam of the X's. They (the XC's) are, in my opinion, the perfect orthodynamic for HD800 fans. They offer some of the HD800 imaging magic along with those brilliant highs but add the ortho liquidity in the mids and lower register.

For me, I am not fond of the HD800 signature and while I like the XC's a little more, especially with a lush warm amp like the Schiit Lyr, I absolutely prefer the X's.

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #3,546 of 12,748
Well, I was expecting delivery of my LCD-X's today but USPS must have delivered them to the wrong address because I never got them even though the tracking numbers shows as being delivered. I hope one of my neighbors shows up with them tomorrow or I am SOL.

USPS tracking doesn't always work that well, but if you have a tracking number showing as being delivered, at least the package was sent using priority mail.  My guess is that they will just get delivered a day or so late.  I've had similar experiences, with the item showing as having been delivered; it was on the mailman's truck, and just didn't get dropped off at my house until a day later.  The delivered status may have just meant it got as far as the local post office, and was put on the truck for delivery.

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #3,547 of 12,748
USPS tracking doesn't always work that well, but if you have a tracking number showing as being delivered, at least the package was sent using priority mail.  My guess is that they will just get delivered a day or so late.  I've had similar experiences, with the item showing as having been delivered; it was on the mailman's truck, and just didn't get dropped off at my house until a day later.  The delivered status may have just meant it got as far as the local post office, and was put on the truck for delivery.

That's kind of what I am hoping because I was tracking it all day long and then all the sudden it showed as being delivered when I looked at 5:45pm, and the delivery time showed as being 12:06pm, when both my wife and I were home, something doesn't seem right but it did show being delivered so who knows.

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #3,548 of 12,748
Could you please explain me what is the fazor technology ? I'm really curious about that one, is that a plate that embed to the magnet arrays or something else ? And how it could help to improve the sound quality ? 

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #3,549 of 12,748

That's kind of what I am hoping because I was tracking it all day long and then all the sudden it showed as being delivered when I looked at 5:45pm, and the delivery time showed as being 12:06pm, when both my wife and I were home, something doesn't seem right but it did show being delivered so who knows.

i just remembered , i did have the same thing happen, it wasn't a $1700 pair of headphones, but it was something i was expecting, it had an estimated delivery of a saturday
on that saturday i was here, at the computer, keeping my eye the window, to see the mail lady come. a signature was required .
i saw the mail truck pull up to the mailbox then i drive, so i figured the package didn't make it, it was just late.
the next time i checked tracking to see if there was a new deliver by date, there was "attempted to deliver, and left notice to pick up at post office", i actually saw the mail truck come and go
with no "attempt" made at delivery. 
so monday i go to the post office to pick up my package as per the "notice left"
i have no notice just the tracking number, had it to the worker, they look and look, they can't find it.
they find my regular weekday mail carrier, she's great, and she's already little peeved at her saturday replacement , and then when i tell her my story, she's pissed ! lol
she and the other worker assure me that they'll find it., that afternoon, our regular carrier arrives, with package in tow, they found my package, with several others, that were supposed to be delievered on that saturday, just sitting in the mail truck.
moral of the story, there are good postal workers, and ones that suck !  but we all kinda knew that i guess

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #3,550 of 12,748
I guess I'd rather have it left on the truck and arrive a day late then to have them leave it in my driveway in the rain, though.  Hopefully the OP will receive his headphones today.

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #3,553 of 12,748
I went to Headfi meet in Socal this past weekend. I got a chance to listen to the X's and XC's at the Audeze table. I was constantly switching back and forth between the two. I'm a newbie but these are my impressions.

The X's and XC's do have a different sound. As mentioned in this thread, the XC's upper range is much more prominent. The Audeze folks were really nice and answered any questions my newbie self had. Audeze was explaining how the closed ear cups create a resonance chamber which is responsible for that upper range. With the XC's the music is closer to your head. For some music I like "in your face", but I couldn't listen to the XC's long. After 2-3 songs, XCs made my head felt "congested."

I switch back to the Xs and my congestion went away. My ears were able to breathe. The soundstage opens up.

Nothing I can add to what already has been said about the mids. LCDs are known for their mids and its what they deliver.

To be honest, I liked XC's sound signature more than the Xs. But I know I'm going to have long listening sessions, so my choice goes to the Xs. I got myself the 20% off coupon from Audeze at the Socal Meet and instantly ordered a pair of Xs that night.

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #3,554 of 12,748
  I got myself the 20% off coupon from Audeze at the Socal Meet and instantly ordered a pair of Xs that night.

I there a way for  anybody else to get 20% off, say somebody stuck in freezing Northern Virginia?

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #3,555 of 12,748
  I there a way for  anybody else to get 20% off, say somebody stuck in freezing Northern Virginia?

Yeah....I'm another Northern VA resident who'd snag a LCD-X with one of these 20% off coupon:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back