Audeze LCD-X
Jan 19, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #2,656 of 12,748
  Hi! I'm looking for the next logical step from a pair of Sennheiser HD650 + Bottlehead Crack and I think the LCD X is interesting. I really like the sound of the HD650 hp's but I listen to a lot of progressive rock/metal and some faster metal and feel that the HD650 have a hard time keeping up with faster music, as a comparison my Sennheiser Amperior puts up a much better pace for faster music. 
It seems the LCD-X can handle both fast and slow so that seems good. However, I would also need a new amp, considering the LCD-X is alot easier to drive than the LCD2/3 wouldn't a  Burson Soloist SL suffice, or what do you think?

I would wait for a couple of months until the new Hifiman HE-400i & HE-560 are released. The HE-560 seems to be an upgrade to the HE-500 and should be awesome for the genres you listen to. It also seems to be pretty efficient so you should be able to be able to drive it with your current set-up.

I have the LCD-X and it's utterly brilliant. It's a brilliant all-rounder. However it's pretty heavy and if i had known Hifiman were going to introduce new cans, i would have waited. Plus the HE-560 is supposed to retail around $850, half that of the LCD-X.

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #2,657 of 12,748
I've been following this thread for a while and am really intrigued by the LCD-X.  Sounds like it would suit me to a T but given budget considerations, it would be a while before I can get it.  Now that the HE-560 has been announced, I have the very same feelings. Will just have to try both down the road.

Quote:
  I have the LCD-X and it's utterly brilliant. It's a brilliant all-rounder. However it's pretty heavy and if i had known Hifiman were going to introduce new cans, i would have waited. Plus the HE-560 is supposed to retail around $850, half that of the LCD-X.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #2,658 of 12,748
I'm also waiting for the HE-560 to be released before deciding as I'm not in much of a hurry. The LCD-X seems like the perfect upgrade from the HE-500, but I just cannot ignore that lower weight on the HE-560 and if its any improvement on the HE-500 its going to be "must own" headphone, especially if is priced around $900.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #2,659 of 12,748

OMG. You are such a Nazi. This is the Internet: chill down and leave others be.

What's wrong with correcting someone's poor grammar? Isn't that how they learn and improve? I suggest if you can't handle this maybe you need to fill out this form:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/maico-matt/HURTFEELINGSREPORT_2_.jpg

LOL. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #2,661 of 12,748
  Thanks for the suggestion! I've been hearing that the Master 7 doesn't sound as well coming out of its USB port.
I have the budget for the Master 7, but don't have the budget for a Master 7 + OR5 i2s.

If you can, wait for the Ygg to come out. Should be a pretty good one-box solution. No need for a USB converter. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #2,662 of 12,748

A picture of the tests we did yesterday with a bunch of friends in Naples 

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #2,664 of 12,748
  I would wait for a couple of months until the new Hifiman HE-400i & HE-560 are released. The HE-560 seems to be an upgrade to the HE-500 and should be awesome for the genres you listen to. 

X2, you should wait for the new HiFimans before taking your final decision, I have the feeling that the HE-560 will be a very good product.

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #2,666 of 12,748
I wear them about 2 hours at a time many times over about 10 hours of every day.  I have no discomfort with them doing this and I have chronic neck issues related to an accident I had when I was young.  I do find though it forces me to sit up straight and head up and back which might even be a good thing for me in the long run.  Years ago my chiropractor tried strengthening my neck with a headband that was basically a weight belt with lead shot weights on front which in total was even heavier then the LCDs.  Call this free therapy :wink:

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #2,667 of 12,748
  I wear them about 2 hours at a time many times over about 10 hours of every day.  I have no discomfort with them doing this and I have chronic neck issues related to an accident I had when I was young.  I do find though it forces me to sit up straight and head up and back which might even be a good thing for me in the long run.  Years ago my chiropractor tried strengthening my neck with a headband that was basically a weight belt with lead shot weights on front which in total was even heavier then the LCDs.  Call this free therapy :wink:

Free never sounded so good :)

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #2,668 of 12,748

That's a good one for the marketing books!

Interesting to see all the comments about the Master 7 and Metrum Hex here. Wondering whether I should get a Master 7 before they disappear forever? At least I have a Concero that I can use as a USB->SPDIF converter.

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #2,669 of 12,748
Would I like the LCD-X or LCD-XC?

I kinda liked the LCD-2 first and thought they were even better than the LCD-3 (snappier, tighter and a bit more treble, although a smaller soundstage). But ever since getting the SR-009, HD 800 and TH-900 the LCD-2 just sounds so muffled. The upper mids are totally sucked out and I don´t like that, it´s very unnatural sound, but I understand how many like this "soft" sound.

So would I like the LCD-X or LCD-XC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back