Audeze LCD-X
Jan 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #2,612 of 12,748
  I personally think their headband design is ingenious and elegant.  Very minimalistic yet flawlessly adjustable and robust.  

+1 , I think the headband is excellent as well, comfortable and very adjustable. A little bulky looking but since these are for use at home I don't see that that matters.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #2,613 of 12,748
Jan 18, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2,614 of 12,748

+1 , I think the headband is excellent as well, comfortable and very adjustable. A little bulky looking but since these are for use at home I don't see that that matters.

Actually think they look a bit sparse considering the size and weight of the drivers the headband is very discrete.  Very classy and understated to be honest.  I guess what I am saying is i'm not sure they could have designed it with less bulk and still provide the same comfort and smooth operation all around.  This is a timeless design that will age very well unlike the T1 design for example which has thick foam that starts looking funky with use.

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #2,615 of 12,748
When I first had these I thought they were very uncomfortable. There was a pressure point right at the center of the head band that was so bothersome it was all I could think about.

After a couple weeks the material softened out, and I got used to the fit. Now the weight doesn't bother me at all and I can wear them hours on end. I feel them, but I don't notice them. 

Now they are very comfortable. A firm but soft fit that doesn't budge easily. I dig it. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #2,616 of 12,748
  When I first had these I thought they were very uncomfortable. There was a pressure point right at the center of the head band that was so bothersome it was all I could think about.

After a couple weeks the material softened out, and I got used to the fit. Now the weight doesn't bother me at all and I can wear them hours on end. I feel them, but I don't notice them. 

Now they are very comfortable. A firm but soft fit that doesn't budge easily. I dig it. 

That's how I felt about the 2s when I had them a couple months ago. Audeze seems to do a great job of distributing the weight of the headphone in such a way that, as you said, it doesn't become bothersome. I love the feel of the leather and it stayed generally cool on my ears, so I can't wait to get the Xs on my head when they arrive on Tuesday. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #2,617 of 12,748

I'm not particularly bothered by heavy headphones. I found the pressure point you mention more of a mild irritation than a major issue. I adjusted the gimbals a little and it discomfort vanished altogether. I think the weight distribution is spot on. Wear them right and they're the most comfortable headphones going.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #2,618 of 12,748
I'm not particularly bothered by heavy headphones. I found the pressure point you mention more of a mild irritation than a major issue. I adjusted the gimbals a little and it discomfort vanished altogether. I think the weight distribution is spot on. Wear them right and they're the most comfortable headphones going.

+1 - absolutely no pressure points anywhere for me, head or against the ears.  just well balanced firm cushy comfort.

Jan 18, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #2,622 of 12,748
In my opinion the HD800's are the most comfortable I've worn, they almost feel like they're floating on your head, sometimes you don't even notice they are there. The LCD's are definately very comfortable too, but you certainly can't forget they are on your head. That being said, I actually kind of prefer that plush feeling of the LCD's over the weightless feeling of the HD800's, but I could definately listen longer with the HD800's if that makes sense.

Jan 18, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #2,624 of 12,748
I will usually listen up to 2 hours at a time with my LCD-2's, that's sitting upright at my computer desk though, could be longer if I had a recliner setup, which I hope to have eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back