Audeze LCD-X
Jun 29, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #12,556 of 12,748
I managed to get the values right that way! It was this little modification that I was missing! I'm just loving this EQ
Brought new life to my LCD-X
I love listening to Rock so the drums and guitar sounds were just amazing
It's amazing how these LCD-X's can change so much with an EQ
what an excellent job friend
Thank you very much, if you ever update this EQ please keep us updated
You bet, friend! Happy you're enjoying it!

-J

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #12,557 of 12,748
Anyone using any aftermarket pads with their 2021 LCD-x? I stock pads sound amazing but its too shallow for me as my ears often touch the fazor grills and causes discomfort. Dekoni solid or fenestrated lambskin pads anyone?

Thank you

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #12,558 of 12,748
Anyone using any aftermarket pads with their 2021 LCD-x? I stock pads sound amazing but its too shallow for me as my ears often touch the fazor grills and causes discomfort. Dekoni solid or fenestrated lambskin pads anyone?

Thank you
I usually point people towards the elite sheepskin pads from Dekoni, based off a lot of feedback I've seen. And users report back to me that they're happy with the change. I would look into that.

I personally use Elite hybrids from Dekoni, and while there is a slight reduction in SQ and subtle changes, the comfort improvement based off my personal preference (I'm typically not a fan of leather or faux leather touching my skin, especially in this Florida heat), is worth it. I use the LCD-X as my daily driver during work with these pads, and I'm happy.

That being said, the stock pads are definitely the best sounding, IMHO.

Jul 26, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #12,559 of 12,748
I usually point people towards the elite sheepskin pads from Dekoni, based off a lot of feedback I've seen. And users report back to me that they're happy with the change. I would look into that.

I personally use Elite hybrids from Dekoni, and while there is a slight reduction in SQ and subtle changes, the comfort improvement based off my personal preference (I'm typically not a fan of leather or faux leather touching my skin, especially in this Florida heat), is worth it. I use the LCD-X as my daily driver during work with these pads, and I'm happy.

That being said, the stock pads are definitely the best sounding, IMHO.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on the stock pads. My LCD-X, despite also owing a LCD-5 and all the Zmfs are still my daily drivers due to its serious yet fun tuning. I usually play games with it but lately ive been getting some grill marks on the outside of my ears from the fazors. I hope I made the right call by ordering the fenestrated sheepskin pads (before youre response was posted). If not, then i ll just chalk up a loss and order the elite sheepskin ones. I am a little sensitive with harsh/peaky treble and i had that issue with the 2019 LCD-X. Fingers crosses.

Thank you for your help.

Jul 26, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #12,560 of 12,748
I wholeheartedly agree with you on the stock pads. My LCD-X, despite also owing a LCD-5 and all the Zmfs are still my daily drivers due to its serious yet fun tuning. I usually play games with it but lately ive been getting some grill marks on the outside of my ears from the fazors. I hope I made the right call by ordering the fenestrated sheepskin pads (before youre response was posted). If not, then i ll just chalk up a loss and order the elite sheepskin ones. I am a little sensitive with harsh/peaky treble and i had that issue with the 2019 LCD-X. Fingers crosses.

Thank you for your help.
Oooh. I'm hoping for your sake that the fenestrated sheepskin pads don't introduce too much more treble to your listening! It may do based solely on what I've read about it. Good luck!

Blessings,
-J

Jul 30, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #12,561 of 12,748
Oooh. I'm hoping for your sake that the fenestrated sheepskin pads don't introduce too much more treble to your listening! It may do based solely on what I've read about it. Good luck!

Blessings,
-J
I have tried all the different Dekoni pads on my Sennheisers (NOT on my LCD-X) and I found, for the Sennheisers, the fenestrated sheepskin were a little light sounding (ok for 580/650, but terrible on 600) and I like the even tone and comfort of the Hybrid pads best, but that’s with the 300 ohm Sennheisers. I recall reading at some point that the Audeze in general were voiced with solid leather, and I’ve always liked the look and feel of their stock leather pads (I know, they changed them a bit) but, if I was going Dekoni for a pair of LCD-X 2021, based on my sennheiser experience, I would certainly go with the elite solid lambskin.

Lots of conjecture in there, so take it for what it’s worth.

In any event, while I’m checking in, I should mention that the more time I spend with the 2021 rev. LCD-X, the more I like them. Upgraded to vdh guitar(?) wire (for length, and because it’s good quality and I got it cheap on eBay - not looking to get into a wire debate here - but it does sound at least as good as stock), lots of lps, cds and every kind of streaming down to and including the Live Phish app, and these cans have a way of finding the music and keeping me happy, interested and comfortable all day. Yeah, I miss the super sexy tuning of the older version from time to time, but I truly believe these newer ones to be the more natural, organic headphone. At least for me. YMMV, just my $,02, etc, etc. All measurements taken by ear.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #12,562 of 12,748

Thank you for your help.
I believe that, as long as you bought them from an authorized dealer, Dekoni has a 15 or 30 day satisfaction guarantee. They’ll change them for a different type if you’re not happy with the originals. The Dekoni people were very nice about it and, as I recall from when I took advantage of the guarantee several years ago, it’s basically no questions asked. So I don’t think you need to sweat over in the slightest. At worst, it’s a learning experience. Trying everything out, even for a little while, good or bad, is part of the fun, no?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #12,563 of 12,748
I believe that, as long as you bought them from an authorized dealer, Dekoni has a 15 or 30 day satisfaction guarantee. They’ll change them for a different type if you’re not happy with the originals. The Dekoni people were very nice about it and, as I recall from when I took advantage of the guarantee several years ago, it’s basically no questions asked. So I don’t think you need to sweat over in the slightest. At worst, it’s a learning experience. Trying everything out, even for a little while, good or bad, is part of the fun, no?
Really, I didn't know that at all. I am using the fenestrated sheepskin pad at the moment but the SQ has changed a lot. Treble is a lot sharper. Soundstage is wider and imaging better. I was hoping it would preserve the original sound but unfortunately that's not the case. I might give the elite sheepskin a shot and see if it sounds any better. Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #12,566 of 12,748
Is there a reliable way to know if mine came with leather or leather free pads.
While the overwhelming majority of the out in the wild units are going to be leather, if you want to be 100% sure, you can email support@audeze.com and give us the serial number, we'll let you know what model it is.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 15, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #12,567 of 12,748
I have the Dekoni sheepskins on my LCD-XC, I like them fine except they are noticeably thicker on the back side than the stock pads. No increase in high frequencies to my ears. I bought this headphone used so it came with the old style pads & headband. I've read in the past that all of the LCD series relies on that airtight(?) "seal" around the ear to achieve their intended sound. The old pads were not sealing properly so I figured I was missing out on everything these 'phones had to offer. Once I installed the new pads & band I've gotten the proper "seal" and I now listen to the XC more than the X. I should note that I'm rather treble-sensitive and my Clears are at the absolute limit to my treble tastes.

My advice is to give the plain sheepskin a try, I believe you'll like them.
I appreciate your comment about the Dekoni sheepskin with the LCD-XC. I purchased the Dekoni sheepskin pads for my LCD-XC, but I hesitated to make the switch. Unfortunately, I have to let go of the LCD-XC - so I won't be able to try it anytime soon :frowning2:

Sep 15, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #12,568 of 12,748
Dekoni Fenestrated turned LCD-X 2021 into one of my favorite phones, eclipsing Focal Clear MG Pro and HE6SEv2.
All it needed is soundstage boost and little lift in clarity. Perfect to my ears now.

Sep 16, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #12,570 of 12,748
That is nice to hear, is the bass reduced a bit, particulary the sub bass.
It's tighter, reason there is more clarity, as the fuzzy wool does not creep into midrange. Still the most bass heavy phones in my collection spare modded Fostex TH600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back