Audeze LCD-X
May 22, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #12,152 of 12,748
Anyone have the latest X and latest LCD-3 for any bulletpoint comparisons....?
Looking at both just now.

May 22, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #12,153 of 12,748
I just bought the LCD-X! The 2021 update makes this a no brainer. This is my first “next level” set of cans, I can’t wait! I sure hope I can crank the volume and the treble doesn’t get too shrill
I‘m quite treble sensitive and I like to play my 2021 LCD-X at high levels from time to time. Some recordings can sound shrill on them but that’s the fault of the recordings themselves (I like a lot of Metal music which can often have overtly hot treble)

But by and large they are quite neutral with no frequency range standing out above the others.

May 22, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #12,154 of 12,748
I‘m quite treble sensitive and I like to play my 2021 LCD-X at high levels from time to time. Some recordings can sound shrill on them but that’s the fault of the recordings themselves (I like a lot of Metal music which can often have overtly hot treble)

But by and large they are quite neutral with no frequency range standing out above the others.
Good to know. I was thinking about going the ifi dac/amp route since I only do portable, and trying out the X-bass feature on those metal recordings that may be a bit shrill.
I’ve heard good things about the Ifi anyhow

May 26, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #12,155 of 12,748
Good to know. I was thinking about going the ifi dac/amp route since I only do portable, and trying out the X-bass feature on those metal recordings that may be a bit shrill.
I’ve heard good things about the Ifi anyhow

iFi micro iDSD black label and signature are both great options. Don’t forget to try out the firmware with the GTO filter option, it sounds amazing.

May 27, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #12,156 of 12,748
I had to send them back. I may have gotten a bad set. There was hardly any bass at all. Tried with 2 amps. EQ can only do so much. There just wasn’t much impact or slam.

sucks because for the price it has some really cool features, accessories and build quality. A hefty headphone like that you’d think would have some thunder

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #12,162 of 12,748
Ordered the LCD-X 2021 Creator’s Edition yesterday. For those who use Roon is the LCD-X preset sufficient or do I need to EQ on top of that?

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #12,163 of 12,748
Ordered the LCD-X 2021 Creator’s Edition yesterday. For those who use Roon is the LCD-X preset sufficient or do I need to EQ on top of that?
They sound ok from box. Just add what you need. I added more bass ofc for shaking and slam. Old X preset is not for this X 2021.

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #12,164 of 12,748
The Audeze Reveal presets are meant to be quite conservative just to bring all of their existing headphones to a similar target. If you want something more “conventionally neutral” you may need to use their parametric EQ. Resolve from Headphones.com has an EQ preset and there is video on Youtube showing how he got there.

looking at the measurements of the LCD-X you shouldn’t need much EQ at all if any.

Jun 5, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #12,165 of 12,748
Due to the revision, old presets no longer apply. The 2021 is good to go without eq.

Most presets or all presets out there will be boosting at 4k trying to counter the dip that was previously there, but no longer is.

I run mine with no eq at all and it aligns with my preferences.

If it doesn't align with yours, you would be better off actually making your own to suit your preference, which might be as simple as a bass shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back