Audeze LCD-X
May 6, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #11,311 of 12,748
I use the CMA600i with my LCD-X (until recently :sob:) and really enjoy the combination. Haven't heard the 400i though.

May 6, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #11,312 of 12,748
tnx
I was thinking to buy Questyle Audio CMA400i it have good review, anyone have it and how good is it?

Have tried all variants of questyle desktops, and I think they pair well with most of audeze headphones. However, personally I will try to get 600i rather 400i if possible.

and make sure use xlr 4 pin, the difference in result is not small.

May 7, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #11,314 of 12,748
I can get very chip Audio-gd in my country , is Audio-gd better than Questyle , Burson ?

- AUDIO-GD D-27.28 Dual ES9028Pro DAC 32bit / 384kHz DSD512 Amanero TCXO Class A Discrete Headphone Amplifier 1 183,00 €
- AUDIO-GD D-28.38 ES9038Pro DAC 32bit / 384kHz DSD512 Amanero Crystek Accusilicon Class A Discrete Headphone Amplifier 919,00 €

- AUDIO-GD R-28 2020 EDITION DAC R2R DSD Natif Amanero / Preamplifier / Headphone amplifier 1 239,00 €

May 9, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #11,317 of 12,748
May 11, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #11,319 of 12,748
Has anyone ever tried to remove the fazor from the X?

I couldn't resist a good deal and blind bought the X. I actually prefer the 2C to many more expensive headphones, mostly due to the Audeze bass. I heard both the LCD3 and LCD4, but never had a chance to audition the X. Will be interesting to finally try.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #11,320 of 12,748
LCD-X vs. LCD2C:

IMG_20200514_175727462.jpg

Intro:
I have tried most available headphones and owned many. For the best bass experience I keep returning to Audeze. Bass is really important with my music, it has to extend to the lowest registers, has to be clean and layered but also with good energy, authority and impact. It can't bleed into the mids and I am also not a fan of mid-bass emphasis. I had a chance to try the LCD2f, LCD3 and LCD4 but never the LCD-X. I really like the LCD2C, I think it is a great value for money even with its imperfections.

This post will be a brief comparison between the LCD2C and the LCD-X both driven by the RME-ADI2 DAC. The LCD2C retails for £599-£649, the LCD-X in the creator edition is around £1099-£1199. On the secondhand market it is not impossible to find a really good LCD-X for around £750-800 which I think is exceptional price to performance ratio.

Build and comfort:
Both of the headphones are extremely well built. Yes, they are not light but this is not everyone's problem. The LCD2C is around 550g while the LCD-X is around 600g. If you can cope with the LCD2C weight, you will be fine with the X too. (For reference: LCD3 - 550g, LCD4 - 730g, Empyrean - 430g, Utopia - 490g, Susvara 450g)

The gigantic Audeze memory foam earpads make these headphones actually quite comfortable. I always liked the feeling how they hug my ears/head. The clamping force on the X is a little bit stronger than it is on the 2C but still fine with me.

Sound:

First impressions:
It is immediately obvious how much more detailed the X is compared to the 2C. The X outperforms the 2C in each and every technicalities without breaking a sweat. The X is tighter, faster, more precise, more open, much more focused and more detailed.

Bass:
They both share the awesome Audeze bass, although the X's bass is much cleaner and extends to the lowest notes in a more effortless and more obvious way. The X's bass is a bit more honest. While the 2C always has some bass quantity, the X demonstrates a higher level of fidelity to the recording. When there is bass in the recording, you get it with spades, but with the 2C even 'bassless' recordings have some level of bass presence. The 2C's bass is still very nice and fun, but the X is just so much cleaner and clearer. More focused and more layered with the same (if not bigger) amount of punch and impact when needed. The X's bass is more balanced with stronger sub extension. The 2C is a little bit weaker under 80-100Hz and feels hazier in the mid-bass.

Mids:
This is the only thing where the 2C might have the edge over the X to me. The 2C's vocals are a bit sweeter and warmer, they have a little more life. Vocals on the X however are much more detailed, but a little bit more sterile versus the warmth of the 2C. The difference is not huge, but noticeable.

Treble:
This is no contest at all. The treble on the 2C feels flat, veiled and bland compared to the X. The X opens up here giving the impression of a bigger 'breathing space'. Treble details and spaciousness are miles ahead of the 2C.

Other thoughts:
The 2C is bit of a relaxed listen, but it doesn't even come close to the resolution and details the X offers especially in the bass and treble. The X is also more dynamic and punchier. With the 2C I feel I am missing a lot of information from the music after listening to the X. The 2C is warmer and softer, the X is more neutral and more energetic.

These are just my first impressions after listening for a couple of hours. I will give the X a few weeks to see how it is to live with them. I think the more relaxed and warmer but less detailed and slower 2C and the technically much more capable energetic detail hunter the X actually complement each other quite nicely.

May 15, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #11,321 of 12,748
These are just my first impressions after listening for a couple of hours. I will give the X a few weeks to see how it is to live with them. I think the more relaxed and warmer but less detailed and slower 2C and the technically much more capable energetic detail hunter the X actually complement each other quite nicely.

Lovely review!

Very true about the statement above, LCD 2 Classic, together with ZMF Aeolus, are headphone with highly engaging and musical feel that always "comfort" me when listening music for fun. May not the best in technicality, but character wise, they are one of the best out there personally.

May 21, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #11,323 of 12,748
would the soundstage be bigger on the lcd-x compared to the focal clear? and how does the imaging compare between the two?

please and thanks
I don't have my Clear anymore but from memory the soundstage is bigger on the X. Imaging qualities are equally good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back