Audeze LCD-X
Nov 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #1,081 of 12,748

I recently did a little mod where you buy a Sennheiser HD650 headband pad ($7 or so) and double sided tape it to the headband of the Denon D7000. It made them even more comfortable than they already were and removed the pressure on the top of the head (since it has the gap right at the top of the head). I'm wondering if this could work with an Audeze headphone (probably with the gimbal extension). It looks quite good, especially on a black headband and is very easily reversible.

If I end up with an Audeze headphone soon (I'm trying!), I'm most likely going to try it.

My pair of LCD-3 have the Senn headband cushion and it works pretty well. Not as good as some other headphones I've tried it on, but it does relieve some of the discomfort on top of the head. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #1,082 of 12,748

I know, but the pad is an already available option that's cheap and non-invasive. A suspension strap mod would be nice if someone figures out the specifics.

I would say the beyer headstrap (also cheap and widely available) is more effective than the Senn headband addon, especially if you install those with only the buttons at the very ends snapped in. It just has more surface area.

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #1,084 of 12,748

Did you need to grab the extended rods from Audeze, or did the headband fit with the stock gimbal rods?

I already had the extended gimbal rods installed so I would say it depends on how long and wide the individual's head is. I would need them for sure. The extended rods are good to have because before I got them I was using the highest set and the headphones themselves started to feel a bit flimsy. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #1,086 of 12,748

HD800 king of soundstage? Vocals more forward and soundstage is big but overall not natural for me which is big disadvantage.

And soundstage of LCD-2 is natural, right? 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,088 of 12,748
Guys, I will post an update about LCD-X 's soundstage. The laid back sound of LCD-3 might have fooled me.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #1,093 of 12,748
  i remember back in the 80s a good rule of thumb was to sort hifi components in respect to their weight, the heavier the better.

Quote:
  good for components, bad for stuff you put on your head! 
o2smile.gif

reviewers seems to tend to confirm it's still valid, at least in the case of the lcd-x... and lcd in general... and really its less of a problem if you are comfy in a nice 45 degree armchair, like it was practice in the 80s, nowadays everyone is at the computer, including me, people are in pain cos of a wrong posture, and than ofc weighty hp are gonna only aggravate this, so the lcds could easily become a general measure for physical condition!

btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrying_on_the_head

edit: not happy until "Off Topic Over 9000!" is achieved
cool.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #1,094 of 12,748

reviewers seems to tend to confirm it's still valid, at least in the case of the lcd-x... and lcd in general... and really its less of a problem if you are comfy in a nice 45 degree armchair, like it was practice in the 80s, nowadays everyone is at the computer, including me, people are in pain cos of a wrong posture, and than ofc weighty hp are gonna only aggravate this, so the lcds could easily become a general measure for physical condition!

It's not so much the weight, it's the poor distribution of the weight.  I wear heavy hard hats while visiting jobsites, and they don't bother me one bit because of the suspension straps on the inside.  If that hard hat had a single padded strap on the inside that didn't contact my head in multiple places, it would be torture.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,095 of 12,748
in that aspect the lcds were just a little worse than the hd800 for me, but yes with the lcds a good part of transparency get lost in the itchy sensation, but the real problem for me was that the headband was to slippery therefore always gripping on the edge were there's less padding, cos it has a convex shape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back