Audeze LCD-X
May 12, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #9,346 of 12,748
Are you in the US? If so, choose 120V. 240V is for Euopean countries with 240V electical outlets. Multibit is a must, IMO, the only reason to buy Schiit DACs. As far as tubes vs solid state on MJ2, I would get both just to satisfy your curiousity.

May 12, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #9,347 of 12,748
Are you in the US? If so, choose 120V. 240V is for Euopean countries with 240V electical outlets. Multibit is a must, IMO, the only reason to buy Schiit DACs. As far as tubes vs solid state on MJ2, I would get both just to satisfy your curiousity.

Yes, I am in the US. I think I am all set then, 115 V for both, Gumby multibit with MJ2 solid state & tubes. Thank you Senpai!!

May 15, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #9,348 of 12,748
Here is a topic about the Ursine Audio cables and a picture of the braided cable that I ordered.
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/ursine-audio.850068/

mclQ8Ox.jpg

May 16, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #9,351 of 12,748
I received my LCD-X and currently burning in. For now running on IDSD BL Edition, and loving it. Specially 3D+ and XBass function in the amp are adding flavor to already amazing LCD-X.

I have a question for you experienced guys out there. As it stands right now I could purchase both Gungnir/Mjolnir 2 or I could purchase either the Ragnarok or Yggdrasil only and have to wait 2-3 months to purchase the other. I don't want to update my gears for a little bit atleast after that. Also curious as to how much I would hate running either the Yggy or Ragnarok with a Modi 2 or Magni 2 (current owns) for a couple of months or what to expect from doing something like that.

Current cans HD650, HD700, HD800 and LCD-X
Current Gears: ifi IDSD BL, Magni 2 and Modi 2.

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #9,352 of 12,748
I received my LCD-X and currently burning in. For now running on IDSD BL Edition, and loving it. Specially 3D+ and XBass function in the amp are adding flavor to already amazing LCD-X.

I have a question for you experienced guys out there. As it stands right now I could purchase both Gungnir/Mjolnir 2 or I could purchase either the Ragnarok or Yggdrasil only and have to wait 2-3 months to purchase the other. I don't want to update my gears for a little bit atleast after that. Also curious as to how much I would hate running either the Yggy or Ragnarok with a Modi 2 or Magni 2 (current owns) for a couple of months or what to expect from doing something like that.

Current cans HD650, HD700, HD800 and LCD-X
Current Gears: ifi IDSD BL, Magni 2 and Modi 2.

Any input would be appreciated.
May want to consider the Audio-gd Master 11. Great DAC and amp combo for less than the Yggy alone. Excellent value.

I have the M11 and the Yggy/ Wells Milo. The M11 isn't far off at all.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #9,353 of 12,748
May want to consider the Audio-gd Master 11. Great DAC and amp combo for less than the Yggy alone. Excellent value.

I have the M11 and the Yggy/ Wells Milo. The M11 isn't far off at all.

Thanks for the recommendation. Some people say buy different units like DAC separate from AMP. Would you say Audio-gd master by itself would do the job? Sorry I am kinda new in high end gear so not familiar with amp and dac that much. Will it go well along with both HD800 and LCD-X?

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #9,354 of 12,748
Thanks for the recommendation. Some people say buy different units like DAC separate from AMP. Would you say Audio-gd master by itself would do the job?
Yes, just the M11 by itself.. and it has tons of connections so you can use it as a DAC or amp later on if you want. It's big though, so make sure you have the space.

May 17, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #9,356 of 12,748
One more question, would you recommend tube amp with LCD-X like MJ-2 or any other? I hear its not a good fit with HD800, correct me if I am wrong.
I never got into tubes, but the R2R dacs (which the M11 has) are known to be smooth and without glare.

May 17, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #9,360 of 12,748
One more question, would you recommend tube amp with LCD-X like MJ-2 or any other? I hear its not a good fit with HD800, correct me if I am wrong.

I can tell about Lyr 2. The pairing is really good, it adds a bit warmth but nothing overwhelming. I didn't pull the trigger on it yet, also considering iDSD BL among others.

How do you compare the Schiit stack against the Black Label?

If you get Schiit's tubes please compare it with the iDSD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back