Audeze LCD-X
Nov 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #916 of 12,748
   Yes they do, every time they come to my place, especially my father. I think you were talking about this post. Really loved LCD-2!

I'm very surprised your wife let you videotape her singing and post it on the internet. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #918 of 12,748
Thanks, the differences between the X and 3 don't justify (for me) getting one.

The XC may be perfect whenever I need to keep a quiet environment. Plus they look very nice.

Now this or the Alpha Dogs.....
frown.gif

I had the same logic when I decided to get the LCD-XC. I thought it would be the perfect complement to the LCD-3.

The Alpha Dogs seem very nice too...but I was just so attracted to the XC.

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #919 of 12,748

I had the same logic when I decided to get the LCD-XC. I thought it would be the perfect complement to the LCD-3.

The Alpha Dogs seem very nice too...but I was just so attracted to the XC.

Interesting that everyone is so excited about LCD-XC... I dont see anything spectacular about their look tbh. LCD-2 rev2 bamboo are still the best looking Audezes for me.

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #920 of 12,748
  Interesting that everyone is so excited about LCD-XC... I dont see anything spectacular about their look tbh. LCD-2 rev2 rosewood are still the best looking Audezes for me.

FTFY. They were the first, and still the best. When I was looking at them in November 2011, before the Bamboo model came out, I thought the Rosewood - with the Lambskin headband and earpads - was simply gorgeous. Never seen a headphone so nice looking  Along with the LCD-3, I still haven't. The LCD-XC aren't in the same league I don't think but I like the appearance. People are excited about the XC because Audeze finally has a closed headphone. Some people need that for when they use it in a public place. I am sure I will need one someday too.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #921 of 12,748
  This

No wonder I'm confused. You guys cannot even agree if LCD-X is heavier or lighter than LCD-3...
confused_face_2.gif

IMO, there is no confusion, the LCD-Xs are heavier. But as I mentioned, on my head, I'd be hard pressed to tell which one I had on if I wasn't looking in the mirror.

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #922 of 12,748
  I received my vegan LCD-X's last Thursday and I really like them. I'm still relatively new to high-end headphones so the only things I can compare them to are the Q701, my friend's HD598, and the A900x. The LCD-X's feel like a Q701 with oodles and oodles of bass. They're pretty clear sounding and the treble doesn't have the occasional piercing treble like the Q701 on certain songs. I amp the headphones with a wa22.

I listen to a lot of EDM, jpop, rock (AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Eagles, etc.), and a bunch of classical music. So this headphone really sounds AWESOME with 75% of what I listen to and the last 25% is just icing on the cake. This will be my all-rounder headphone for a while.

This is what I need to hear! I have the k702 65th and was wanting an upgrade and was looking at these. I was considering the microsuede pads those as I game/ listen to music for long sessions. How are they comfort wise to the k701s?

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #924 of 12,748

This is what I need to hear! I have the k702 65th and was wanting an upgrade and was looking at these. I was considering the microsuede pads those as I game/ listen to music for long sessions. How are they comfort wise to the k701s?

I think the Q701s are way more comfortable. The LCD-Xs are way heavier, but I knew what I was signing up for when I bought them so that's not really a complaint. The headband on the LCDs have that Q701 headbump at the top of your noggin feeling after you wear them for a while. So I might wrap the headband with a towel later on to see if that fixes the problem.

I have a rather small asian head (2 notches on each side for the LCDs) and my ears also don't poke away from my head like the MAD magazine kid. When I put the LCDs on my head, the tips of my ear slightly touch the cloth on the inside near the drivers. So they get sorta warm after a while, but not to the extent that it's uncomfortable. As a reference, the tips of my ears also veeeeery slightly touch the cloth inside the Q701 earcupsl, but only if I'm moving my head side to side. I think it may be because the earcup foams are super squishy so when I wear the headphone it clamps the drivers really firmly into my ears. The amount of pressure you use to push down a key on a mechanical keyboard will crush that foam all the way to the bottom is probably how squishy it is.

The microsuede feels very comfortable, though. I've had these headphones on for 5-6 hours straight in a really warm house (Michigan is cold right now) and the skin on my face hasn't gotten sweaty or uncomfortable at all.

Also, do make sure to check the sticky material which sticks to the earpads and the transducers on the LCD-Xs. When I got mine, the right side top third of my earpad wasn't sticking at all. I sent an e-mail to audeze support and they sent me a few replacement sticky rings to fix that issue. It took like 2 days total from when I sent the e-mail to when I got the replacement sticky rings so that was pretty neat. I think that might've just been a one time issue though, but who knows.

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #925 of 12,748

I think the Q701s are way more comfortable. The LCD-Xs are way heavier, but I knew what I was signing up for when I bought them so that's not really a complaint. The headband on the LCDs have that Q701 headbump at the top of your noggin feeling after you wear them for a while. So I might wrap the headband with a towel later on to see if that fixes the problem.

I have a rather small asian head (2 notches on each side for the LCDs) and my ears also don't poke away from my head like the MAD magazine kid. When I put the LCDs on my head, the tips of my ear slightly touch the cloth on the inside near the drivers. So they get sorta warm after a while, but not to the extent that it's uncomfortable. As a reference, the tips of my ears also veeeeery slightly touch the cloth inside the Q701 earcupsl, but only if I'm moving my head side to side. I think it may be because the earcup foams are super squishy so when I wear the headphone it clamps the drivers really firmly into my ears. The amount of pressure you use to push down a key on a mechanical keyboard will crush that foam all the way to the bottom is probably how squishy it is.

The microsuede feels very comfortable, though. I've had these headphones on for 5-6 hours straight in a really warm house (Michigan is cold right now) and the skin on my face hasn't gotten sweaty or uncomfortable at all.

Also, do make sure to check the sticky material which sticks to the earpads and the transducers on the LCD-Xs. When I got mine, the right side top third of my earpad wasn't sticking at all. I sent an e-mail to audeze support and they sent me a few replacement sticky rings to fix that issue. It took like 2 days total from when I sent the e-mail to when I got the replacement sticky rings so that was pretty neat. I think that might've just been a one time issue though, but who knows.

Hey thanks for the detailed response! They sound comfortable enough. My main issue was my ears getting hot but it doesn't sound like the case with these. In overall sound quality, are these a huge improvement over the AKGs? 

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #926 of 12,748
Hey thanks for the detailed response! They sound comfortable enough. My main issue was my ears getting hot but it doesn't sound like the case with these. In overall sound quality, are these a huge improvement over the AKGs? 

You're kidding right? It's not even close! Massive improvements to my ears. :)

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #928 of 12,748

I wouldn't know for sure - as soon as I listened to my (at that stage new) LCD-2's, I never listened to my AKG-701's again.

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #929 of 12,748

Yep! I love that picture, man...that's what it's all about...connecting with music we love!

You should show that pic to the guys at Audeze...

I agree:D 

I think they already know. The post was first on headfi and they commented there :). As stated in my lcd-x review : 

I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but one of the reasons I started the blog is because of Audeze LCD-2 and the impact those headphones and Audeze had on me. I absolutely fell in love with them  and had to write about it.

I'm very surprised your wife let you videotape her singing and post it on the internet. 
tongue_smile.gif

Luckily, my wife is very cool :D She even made an account and made fun of the subject.

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #930 of 12,748

The LCD-Xs are much heavier than the 701s but the headband in absolutely no way feels as bad as that 701 bump, in my case.  I have the vegan X's.  That said, a plusher padding on the headband to match the earpads would be a great addition.

Microsuede is very comfortable for long periods, agreed.

I have had no quality issues at all with the X's and I'm pretty sure I have one of the first off the line.  Great headphones so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back