Audeze LCD-X
Dec 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #8,746 of 12,748
I'd be interested in how the Elear compares to the LCD X a broader range of material.

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #8,747 of 12,748
  I guess it is still too early to judge if the newer drivers are failure proof. My LCD 3's driver failed after 2 and a half years out of no where.

Not really, the LCD-4s...the new version has been out for many months now and nary an issue that I've noticed. The thing I think that really "fixed" things is the baffle spacer between the earpads and earcups that doesn't let the drivers become overly "pressurized". Not implemented on your 2.5 year old LCD-3s.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #8,748 of 12,748
Not really, the LCD-4s...the new version has been out for many months now and nary an issue that I've noticed. The thing I think that really "fixed" things is the baffle spacer between the earpads and earcups that doesn't let the drivers become overly "pressurized". Not implemented on your 2.5 year old LCD-3s.
Agreed and really appreciate that Audeze is trying their best to fix it but still you never know. I'm not bashing Audeze since I loved the LCD 3s. They are very new to the headphone scene and still they need more time to really see what problems in the future may arise. Maybe the newer driver works forever or breaks in 4 years? And then there is no warranty. It's quite risky cuz their headphones cost a kidney.

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #8,750 of 12,748
That's great man! First impressions?

Mine still on pendant... 
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #8,751 of 12,748
  That's great man! First impressions?

Mine still on pendant... 
confused_face_2.gif

This.
basshead.gif

Got it delivered to the office, called it a day, hurriedly jogged in the freezing rain home with the burden of a box.
Plannin to work remotely as much as possible to get the proper amount of head-time it deserves!

Let's hope you get yours sorted asap. And the delivery, Thu eve from Cali to early moin' in Helsinki on Tue.

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #8,752 of 12,748

This.
basshead.gif

Got it delivered to the office, called it a day, hurriedly jogged in the freezing rain home with the burden of a box.
Plannin to work remotely as much as possible to get the proper amount of head-time it deserves!

Let's hope you get yours sorted asap. And the delivery, Thu eve from Cali to early moin' in Helsinki on Tue.

Would love to read a deeper review!

That makes barely three working days for the delivery. Much better than you expected :)

First song to transduce through the cans?

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #8,753 of 12,748

Would love to read a deeper review!

That makes barely three working days for the delivery. Much better than you expected :)

First song to transduce through the cans?

If only I had the time for a proper review, certainly doing a deeper 400i vs. LCD-X comparison at least.
And yeah, FedEx outdid themselves this time, short of a Christmas miracle?

First songs sneaked and peeked every now and then whilst cooking and spending time with the kiddo & better half & normal hectic weekday:
Jon Hopkins - The Low Places, (electronic/idm/glitch; listening to the sub-bass, attack, transients especially, add the piano and the electronic snaps and you've got yourself a lovely test track)
Un-remastered Siamese Dream by the Smashing Pumpkins to test out some guitar harmonics, along with another not-so-well known track,
"Extra Vehicular" by Amplifier.
Then I veered off to some old swedish prog, some Zappa, Dr. Cheskys demonstration albums, more IDM, some Gryphon for the bassoon, some technical death metal.
Yeah, I got lost.
Eagerly waiting for worky tomoz!

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #8,754 of 12,748
I'm a new HE-6 owner (just built some DIY Pass monoblocks to run them) and I've got to say... Even with a decently amped and modded HE-6 in my home, I still love the LCD-X. Bass on the X is absolutely absurd (fat, rich, articulate, and very authoritative), the mids are a tossup, but the treble absolutely goes to the 6. Regardless, I find myself listening to the X more often - simply because they sound great out of everything (even though they scale quite well) whereas the HE-6 are essentially confined to my home. But honestly, the difference between a modded and well amped HE-6 and the LCD-X is not as large as some head-fi'ers might have you expect. The X's are great in general, but double great due to their efficiency. 

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #8,758 of 12,748

I think my bank don't support something that gives my address linked to my cards to Riskified, so they cannot verify it match with the billing address.

And for PayPal, I'm making the purchase from Taiwan, so the IP doesn't match with my shipping address, which is in Spain.
Their filter is too strict.

I'm going to ask my family to do the purchase from Spain with PayPal from my account. I don't want to try VPN.

My coupon expired already so I'm waiting to Audeze to make a new one, again.

What a hassle. At least it's good information if somebody else would have similar problems.

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #8,759 of 12,748
  5th Riskified Rejected in a row. This time with PayPal. This is getting ridiculous.

Searching in Riskified's web site I think I found the problem.
I'm going to try one more time but I have low expectations.

It seems Audeze can't do nothing to help.

That's one of the reasons I didn't buy direct from Audeze. I understand why they do this. And I live in a country where the banks don't have address lookup. So I would have to use paypal but it would have to be shipped to a freight forwarder in the US. 

So I bought from RazorDog. They were great and easy to work with. I explained my situation and they handled it smoothly. In addition, the price was right, service fantastic and shipping was quick.

I would do that again in a heartbeat. I have little patience for these kinds of issues but do understand. Losing a number of headphones due to fraud would be a terrible thing for a small company. 

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #8,760 of 12,748
  That's one of the reasons I didn't buy direct from Audeze. I understand why they do this. And I live in a country where the banks don't have address lookup. So I would have to use paypal but it would have to be shipped to a freight forwarder in the US. 

So I bought from RazorDog. They were great and easy to work with. I explained my situation and they handled it smoothly. In addition, the price was right, service fantastic and shipping was quick.

I would do that again in a heartbeat. I have little patience for these kinds of issues but do understand. Losing a number of headphones due to fraud would be a terrible thing for a small company. 

Yes, I'm trying one more time since I discovered that PayPal has a limit. If not I'm going with RazorDog!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back