Audeze LCD-X
Nov 10, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #7,171 of 12,748
  I have both and use both daily and to be honest I think both have their merits and both have equally compelling sound characteristics.  I love the greater impact of the XC but also love the lighter weight and less closed sound of the X.  I wouldn't say one is 'better' then the other and they both have their place.  I'm tapping my toes to each, just at different times.  Add an improved lighter more comfortable headband to them and i'm good to go for another few years until the 6s come out to fix all the problems with the 5s which fixed the problems with the 4s :wink:

So why did you sell it for another x?

What made you sell it for another x?

The last way I said may have came across a little poorly.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #7,172 of 12,748
  So why did you sell it for another x?

What made you sell it for another x?

The last way I said may have came across a little poorly.

I haven't sold it for another X... I have one of each, the X for home and XC for work both driven by WA7+tp combo.  Work uses the built in DAC home uses McIntosh D100.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #7,173 of 12,748

I haven't sold it for another X... I have one of each, the X for home and XC for work both driven by WA7+tp combo.  Work uses the built in DAC home uses McIntosh D100.

Every time I see you mention that Macintosh piece I drool a little. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #7,176 of 12,748
Just received my new LCD-X.

Upon delivery, I was listening to the old pair, so immediately put the new HP's into the rig.  GMB - BHA-1 - Wywires Red - LCD-X.

The SQ is perfect right out of the box.  I don't know if Audez'e breaks them in, but the SQ is great!

The fit is a bit rougher - the virgin leather pads are stiff and less comfortable than my 1.5-year old X.  So take heart - the comfort (at least of the leather pads) improves greatly with age.  The new Pelican box is very nice - an improvement over the original.  I noticed the cans slide around on my head - probably due to the brand new ear pads.  Really looking forward to the headband upgrade that is coming in December.

Enjoy your music!!
RCB

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #7,177 of 12,748

Congratulations!  As you were writing your post I was enjoying a little Countdown to Ecstasy(Steely Dan) through my X.  I really like my vegan pads.  Not sure about the new headband, maybe if it comes in at $150 not $200.  Chuck

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #7,178 of 12,748

Really looking forward to the headband upgrade that is coming in December.  
Enjoy your music!!
RCB

Firstly congrats.

I'm loving the LCD-X. With a number of weeks listening I can now tell the difference between the LCD-X and the LCD-3.
The 3 has more mid-range. That's about it. So for most listening the X goes on my head. If the music is overly harsh or badly recorded on goes the 3. Best of both worlds.

So the headband is now December is it? I've been checking regularly.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #7,179 of 12,748

Firstly congrats.

I'm loving the LCD-X. With a number of weeks listening I can now tell the difference between the LCD-X and the LCD-3.
The 3 has more mid-range. That's about it. So for most listening the X goes on my head. If the music is overly harsh or badly recorded on goes the 3. Best of both worlds.

So the headband is now December is it? I've been checking regularly.

Yea, that's what Audez'e told me.  I wanted to order the new head band with my X, but it's not offered yet other than with the LCD-4.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #7,180 of 12,748

Upon delivery, I was listening to the old pair, so immediately put the new HP's into the rig.  GMB - BHA-1 - Wywires Red - LCD-X.

The SQ is perfect right out of the box.  I don't know if Audez'e breaks them in, but the SQ is great!

The fit is a bit rougher - the virgin leather pads are stiff and less comfortable than my 1.5-year old X.  So take heart - the comfort (at least of the leather pads) improves greatly with age.  The new Pelican box is very nice - an improvement over the original.  I noticed the cans slide around on my head - probably due to the brand new ear pads.  Really looking forward to the headband upgrade that is coming in December.

Enjoy your music!!

RCB

Congrats brother!! They are beautiful headphones...I'm about to hit my 2-year anniversary with them, and nothing else has come close to giving this enjoyment in a headphone.

The new headband is a winner...you'll love it.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #7,181 of 12,748

Enjoy your music!!

RCB

Congrats brother!! They are beautiful headphones...I'm about to hit my 2-year anniversary with them, and nothing else has come close to giving this enjoyment in a headphone.

The new headband is a winner...you'll love it.

Focker, did you get an LCD-4 and a Dharma? Really looking forward to learning more about both headphones.

Dick, congrats on the dual Xes, I really enjoyed Chuck's and love my 3f. Don't know why I resisted Audeze for so long?

The Headbands will be available in December and it's looking like they will be priced around $150, which I really think is reasonable. So far though comfort isn't an issue, and I am loving the lamb skin pads. Soft, beautiful and they smell great, may get a vegan pair next summer though.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #7,182 of 12,748
Focker, did you get an LCD-4 and a Dharma? Really looking forward to learning more about both headphones.

Dick, congrats on the dual Xes, I really enjoyed Chuck's and love my 3f. Don't know why I resisted Audeze for so long?

The Headbands will be available in December and it's looking like they will be priced around $150, which I really think is reasonable. So far though comfort isn't an issue, and I am loving the lamb skin pads. Soft, beautiful and they smell great, may get a vegan pair next summer though.

Yea Kevin, it seems like once we get the Audez'e fever it won't go away...something about them just pulls you in.  I've heard the EtherC and HEK and they did not have that effect on me at all....just IMHO of course LOL.

Prost -
Dick

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #7,183 of 12,748
  Congratulations!  As you were writing your post I was enjoying a little Countdown to Ecstasy(Steely Dan) through my X.  I really like my vegan pads.  Not sure about the new headband, maybe if it comes in at $150 not $200.  Chuck

Hello Chuck,
For sure, Steely Dan sounds great on the X.  I don't have "Countdown to Ecstasy" but have several others and a few albums by Donald Fagan (e.g. "The Nightfly").  The SQ lends itself well to the X.  And, as always, gotta love their sarcastic humor :).

Cheers -
Dick

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #7,184 of 12,748

I have a Dharma arriving on Friday, yep! I'm very eager to compare it to the LCD-X...early reports are very positive, but if it can compete (in terms of my preferences) with the X, I'll really be surprised. The 4 is a bit out of my price range, I think...but I may save my pennies just in case :) All in all, I'm thrilled with the X...don't really have that itch to go higher up the Audeze line just yet, and I've heard the Dharma is of similar quality, but possibly more of a complementary sound sig than being similar to the X...I'm really only pulling the trigger because I'm fascinated by the inclusion of the electrostatic driver, and I want to see how it compares to a planar.

My money is on the X to still remain the champ of my headphone harem, but I guess we'll see this weekend!

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #7,185 of 12,748
I am green with envy!!! The Dharma may actually be the one to replace my HD800s, if the soundstage as well, have sweet treble, and better bass.....For now I am going to enjoy my LCD-3f and get to know them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back