Audeze LCD-X
Oct 6, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #7,021 of 12,748
Just pulled the trigger on these, can't wait for them to arrive. When I tested this with the LCD3 side-by-side the better treble and air of the X got me hooked. Make no mistake the LCD3 are top, top headphones, they're like hot chocolate for the ears. But the X in comparison, is like a 3-course meal. With sparkling wine! Pardon my enthusiasm. Trying to justify a huge purchase to my wallet.

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #7,022 of 12,748
Just pulled the trigger on these, can't wait for them to arrive. When I tested this with the LCD3 side-by-side the better treble and air of the X got me hooked. Make no mistake the LCD3 are top, top headphones, they're like hot chocolate for the ears. But the X in comparison, is like a 3-course meal. With sparkling wine! Pardon my enthusiasm. Trying to justify a huge purchase to my wallet.
If you find the headband uncomfortable, do not panic young Jedi. A new comfortable headband is on the horizon.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #7,023 of 12,748
 Just pulled the trigger on these, can't wait for them to arrive. When I tested this with the LCD3 side-by-side the better treble and air of the X got me hooked. Make no mistake the LCD3 are top, top headphones, they're like hot chocolate for the ears. But the X in comparison, is like a 3-course meal. With sparkling wine! Pardon my enthusiasm. Trying to justify a huge purchase to my wallet

The force is strong in this one. 

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #7,024 of 12,748
Lol. My pain tolerance is shameful, but even then no issues while testing them. Here's hoping.

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #7,025 of 12,748
If you find the headband uncomfortable, do not panic young Jedi. A new comfortable headband is on the horizon.

lol! fyi $200 upgrade for the PADAWAN. No such thing as a young Jedi.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #7,026 of 12,748
Selling brand new / unused LCD-X alongside the Forza Audioworks Hybrid Series HPC cable and Woo Audio black stand. :)

In case of interest > http://www.head-fi.org/t/779719/audeze-lcd-x-new-europe-price-include-taxes-fedex-courier-and-paypal-fees

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #7,027 of 12,748
@John, Why are you selling them? :p

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #7,028 of 12,748
  @John, Why are you selling them? :p

Even I love the sound of LCD-X, I'm still more used to the JH Audio Layla kind of signature. :)
Also I'm not so happy with the comfort, while listening for longer period of time..

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #7,030 of 12,748
but i thought it said unused

Yes, it was just opened to compare with other gear, but not used. It is basically brand new condition.

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #7,031 of 12,748
Hi everyone, so I just got the lcd-x two months ago. Today I just found that when I put it on my head and press it a little bit hard then there will be some weird physical sound on both sides. It sounds like there are some kinds of plastic paper inside the headphone and the air pressure makes them sound weird. I am not saying the sound signature of my lcd-x, the sound that lcd-x produced is still good without any problems. It's just that weird plastic paper sound, which I doubt it is caused by the diaphragm or something....I'm wondering is there anyone has the same issue as mine? Thanks!!

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #7,032 of 12,748
 I just found that when I put it on my head and press it a little bit hard 

I left mine clamped around a big mug to reduce the clamp pressure.  It worked, they don't clamp as hard anymore and are a lot more comfortable.  But the paper sound... is that maybe from the amp/dac/cables? If not then there's definitely something wrong the headphones. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #7,033 of 12,748
  Hi everyone, so I just got the lcd-x two months ago. Today I just found that when I put it on my head and press it a little bit hard then there will be some weird physical sound on both sides. It sounds like there are some kinds of plastic paper inside the headphone and the air pressure makes them sound weird. I am not saying the sound signature of my lcd-x, the sound that lcd-x produced is still good without any problems. It's just that weird plastic paper sound, which I doubt it is caused by the diaphragm or something....I'm wondering is there anyone has the same issue as mine? Thanks!!

No paper sound with my LCD X. Not too sure what's going on with yours. My head is kinda small so I don't really have any issues with the clamping force. Anyone using third party cables can recommend me? I'm running mine out of Auralic Taurus mk2

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #7,034 of 12,748
Anyone using third party cables can recommend me? I'm running mine out of Auralic Taurus mk2

I did a search on this a while ago and wywire red cables came up with good reviews.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back