Audeze LCD-X
Jan 29, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #5,656 of 12,748

Just got it!
it actually sound surprisingly sharp detailed, accurate and energetic for something so small. Definitely an excellent pair with the X since it's easy to drive. Powerful bass impact that are not over the top, very smooth mid body and treble too. of course don't expect it to drive the HE-6, but it work perfectly awesome with my lcd x and alpha prime. One of the best choice for work, travelling and all in one dac/amp.

LOL, I definitely wouldn't expect the HP to power the H6s...but that said, my HD800s sounded surprisingly good with it! Not super loud (but loud enough) and the sonics were quite impressive too.
Congrats! 

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #5,657 of 12,748
I just got my X's last night! Thanks to the guys over at MD for letting me swap the XC's to the X. I feel bad as I was on the XC thread extolling the fact that I got  99% of the best of both worlds. Did not last a week!

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #5,658 of 12,748
Has anyone had experience with the longer connecting rods? My noggin is bigger than I thought! As you can see from the picture above I only have a click left from max. 

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #5,659 of 12,748
Hey guys.

I've currently got a pair of LCD-2F's. I love how they sound. The bass quality and punch, the luscious mids and the smooth treble are all an amazing combination. It works well with all of my music.

With that said, I've been looking all over the internet for how the LCD-X's compare to the LCD-2F's, and it's been pretty hard to find many comparisons. Most of the comparisons have been with the older versions of the LCD-2's, which reportedly sound quite different. I currently have no way of auditioning the LCD-X's for myself.

There's a pretty significant difference in price. Are the LCD-X's a straight upgrade over the 2F's? Or are they just a different flavour of the Audeze sound?

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #5,660 of 12,748
  Hey guys.

I've currently got a pair of LCD-2F's. I love how they sound. The bass quality and punch, the luscious mids and the smooth treble are all an amazing combination. It works well with all of my music.

With that said, I've been looking all over the internet for how the LCD-X's compare to the LCD-2F's, and it's been pretty hard to find many comparisons. Most of the comparisons have been with the older versions of the LCD-2's, which reportedly sound quite different. I currently have no way of auditioning the LCD-X's for myself.

There's a pretty significant difference in price. Are the LCD-X's a straight upgrade over the 2F's? Or are they just a different flavour of the Audeze sound?

Thanks!

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #5,661 of 12,748
  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3

Thanks, man. I've read that article previously (as it's one of the few articles that actually talks about the LCD-X's and LCD-2F's at the same time), but unfortunately, it ultimately doesn't say much about either headphone in relation to each other. LCD-2F's are more grainy and less refined in the treble region. It also doesn't punch as hard as the LCD-X's, according to Tyll. No real mention of imaging, soundstage or other qualities, though.

I'd hope for some more immediate differences between the two headphones with that kind of price difference!

Too bad I can't send you my LCD-2F's or anything. Then I could let you compare them with your new LCD-X's ^_^

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #5,662 of 12,748
I have quite a general question, but would just like to get a general idea from more experienced users.

How much limiting for LCD-X will be using them with Bifrost/Lyr? How big is the room for improvement for these headphones with a better DAC and amp?

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #5,663 of 12,748
I'm using my LCD-X on my Schiit Lyr 2 amp (with rolled E88CC Gold Lion tubes) and Bifrost uber DAC combo right now and I'm personally very impressed with this setup.  Very good dynamics, sound stage and imaging, and lots of clarity and detail in the sound with punchy lows that extends deep and layers well.  Can't say for sure how 'limited' this setup can be for these headphones, though. But that's just my opinion.  It's all subjective and just depends on what you like.  I like my sound to be warm without sounding strident, with a wide soundstage, and that's what I'm getting out of my Lyr 2 setup so I'm happy. 

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #5,664 of 12,748
  I'm using my LCD-X on my Schiit Lyr 2 amp (with rolled E88CC Gold Lion tubes) and Bifrost uber DAC combo right now and I'm personally very impressed with this setup.  Very good dynamics, sound stage and imaging, and lots of clarity and detail in the sound with punchy lows that extends deep and layers well.  Can't say for sure how 'limited' this setup can be for these headphones, though. But that's just my opinion.  It's all subjective and just depends on what you like.  I like my sound to be warm without sounding strident, with a wide soundstage, and that's what I'm getting out of my Lyr 2 setup so I'm happy. 

This is encouraging news :)

Still if someone compared Bifrost/Lyr to higher quality DACs/amps, please share the information on how much better LCD-X can be with higher level gear.

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #5,665 of 12,748

Still if someone compared Bifrost/Lyr to higher quality DACs/amps, please share the information

I have the Lcd.X now for a week .
Come from the Beyer T1/schytt Lyr/Bifrost/Yiulong DA8.
The dynamics and.... etc ,what Xeon said i can confirm it .
But I like the DA 8 more . it is dead silent. 
I don't no if this helps 

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #5,666 of 12,748

Still if someone compared Bifrost/Lyr to higher quality DACs/amps, please share the information

I have the Lcd.X now for a week .
Come from the Beyer T1/schytt Lyr/Bifrost/Yiulong DA8.
The dynamics and.... etc ,what Xeon said i can confirm it .
But I like the DA 8 more . it is dead silent. 
I don't no if this helps 

It does help, thanks! And this is another encouraging news :)

Still waiting for more opinions...maybe less encouraging this time:wink:

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #5,668 of 12,748
  Has anyone had experience with the longer connecting rods? My noggin is bigger than I thought! As you can see from the picture above I only have a click left from max. 

I have a pair of the longer connecting rods, that I'm not using.
Just let me know (PM) if you want them - gratis.  

Best regards,
RCBinTN

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #5,670 of 12,748
Kudos to Audeze to ask to look at. My LCx are like fm radio with bass compared to senn 850 and every Stax I have had. Must be something wrong...sending to factory.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your LCD-X's.  Glad they're looking over it for you.  Hope it all goes well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back