Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Aug 14, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #3,976 of 4,804
Well I got my music and I'm not losing tracks like I did with Tidal which I've quit. This is an Apple DRM converter and you need iTunes to go along with it. Pretty cool to get music I couldn't get before for much cheaper. Seems to be lossless quality.

Aug 14, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #3,977 of 4,804
Tidal is crap, I had almost 512gb of library on my dap and all of a sudden most of it become 'unavailable' even though my subscription never lapsed. I just wiped and started again.

Aug 14, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #3,978 of 4,804
Tidal is crap, I had almost 512gb of library on my dap and all of a sudden most of it become 'unavailable' even though my subscription never lapsed. I just wiped and started again.
Man that sucks. I've had Tidal since 2016. Thankfully nothing of the sort has ever occurred with my account nor my 4 devices I have downloads on.

Aug 14, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #3,979 of 4,804
Well I can't confirm it was tidal or the 507. But for now it's working fine

Aug 14, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #3,980 of 4,804
Anyone found a bluetooth option for the i4 to make it sound similar to the lighting cable? I tried the Audeze BT cypher, but I dont know if I got a defective one or what, it sounds very bad compared to the lighting cable (low volume, and lacks equalization options)

Aug 14, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #3,981 of 4,804
Anyone found a bluetooth option for the i4 to make it sound similar to the lighting cable? I tried the Audeze BT cypher, but I dont know if I got a defective one or what, it sounds very bad compared to the lighting cable (low volume, and lacks equalization options)
Best option is a fiio btr5, balanced 2.5mm, and use the app and 10-band eq in the app. Can't use LDAC with eq though. Best idea so far for bluetooth I think. Good Sabre Dac and eq to close to ideal sound from lcdi4

Aug 14, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #3,982 of 4,804
I've been using the btr3k unbalanced and it's been pretty great. I don't have anything to compare against besides the Bluetooth cipher, which is a bit lacking in power. Though the Bluetooth cipher on the iSine 10 was as good as wired to me.

Aug 14, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,983 of 4,804
Also, I don't recommend the fiio eq. It is 10 bands, but they are fixed frequencies. If you're on Android, get wavelet because that uses parametric profiles to match to the Harman curve. If you're using a rooted Android, you can use jamesdsp or viper4android which let's you use parametric or convolutional profiles.

I'm currently using jamesdsp to use a parametric profile of the Audeze reveal profile. I like it a bit better than the Harman curve. I can share the reveal file that works in those 2 apps if anyone wants.

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #3,984 of 4,804
Also, I don't recommend the fiio eq. It is 10 bands, but they are fixed frequencies. If you're on Android, get wavelet because that uses parametric profiles to match to the Harman curve. If you're using a rooted Android, you can use jamesdsp or viper4android which let's you use parametric or convolutional profiles.

I'm currently using jamesdsp to use a parametric profile of the Audeze reveal profile. I like it a bit better than the Harman curve. I can share the reveal file that works in those 2 apps if anyone wants.
Yeah i am interested. I am surprised because i try it with an cheap Dac dongle and the effect is definitive ok. Wavelet has Pre Settings for the i4. Are yours better.

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #3,986 of 4,804
Ok. After an hour or so of listening, my LCDi4 with Shanling M8, and switching to foam eartips, to tame the peak in the treble a lil bit, I officially don't feel the need for eq any longer. Yes I can get a warmer overall sound with a 10-band eq, but with foam tips, and no eq, besides being more mid forward than when I eq them, the i4 sound great on this DAP. Absolutely needed eq on my Sony zx507.

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #3,987 of 4,804
Yeah i am interested. I am surprised because i try it with an cheap Dac dongle and the effect is definitive ok. Wavelet has Pre Settings for the i4. Are yours better.
They are different target curves. The Harman curve is what Wavelet uses. I'm using the target curve Audeze sets through their Reveal app. They shared the variables for it online and I just made a .vdc file of it to use for these Android apps, which need root.

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #3,988 of 4,804
Ok. After an hour or so of listening, my LCDi4 with Shanling M8, and switching to foam eartips, to tame the peak in the treble a lil bit, I officially don't feel the need for eq any longer. Yes I can get a warmer overall sound with a 10-band eq, but with foam tips, and no eq, besides being more mid forward than when I eq them, the i4 sound great on this DAP. Absolutely needed eq on my Sony zx507.
Might check out the M8. I also prefer eq with the 507. I used to have it on a custom preset but needed to factory reset. So for now they have been bouncing on the 'excited' preset. Probably too bass for most but damn those lcdi4's rumble!

Aug 17, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #3,989 of 4,804
Might check out the M8. I also prefer eq with the 507. I used to have it on a custom preset but needed to factory reset. So for now they have been bouncing on the 'excited' preset. Probably too bass for most but damn those lcdi4's rumble!
m8 doesn't have systemwide eq, and i didn't want to set my typical eq for the Shanling Music app, get used to that, and play stuff in Tidal and it sound different. So, i decided to try it without eq, and i noticed that it actually sounded better than i remember. not overpowering bass, but in tracks where it's called for it's there, and clean of course. the mids are definitely more forward as I said, and definitely more treble than with zx507. The thing that made it just right was switching to foam tips, to just ever so tame the extra treble the the stock tuning has. With the m8 I switched both my Solaris and my LCDi4 to foam tips. with the zx507, foam tips left whatever iem i had alcking too much in the upper registers. the m8 is warm, but has adequate treble response to not need silicone tips for me personally. Funny to me that people call this a WARM DAP, cuz whatever is normal with more treble, or a little bright, I'd probably seriously dislike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back